"Thanksgiving was founded on a massacre." : Stupid left wing Hollywood ignorant losers.

HereWeGoAgain and BrokeLoser have trouble with the truth. One needs to be careful of present-ism (the placing of our values culturally today on the cultures of the past), but one can say Hitler was a "bad guy", and one can say truthfully that the white race engaged in genocide against the Native Americans for more than 400 years. Those are the facts.

BrokeLoser, you don't get to massacre the people next door because you want their hut.

You must be confused...I never said it didn't happen and I actually love truth. I'm usually the first to call things as they really are with no Libby spin or sugar coat.
There are still Tribes in jungles committing genocide today...should we compare their 'world' to ours?
Do you think they live by and practice different values than us?
And you're right, I don't get to massacre my neighbor for their hut in these times...BUT the British got to 400 years ago and there wasn't a stronger army to stop them...Face THE TRUTH...that's just the way it was back then.
How far back in time should we go to decide who we should hold accountable for happenings hundreds of years ago?
There once was a group of caveman who killed off a whole other group of caveman...Who's accountable for it today?
We hold the truth accountable: that's the way it was. It is right to tell the truth.

Thanksgiving (United States) - Wikipedia

The whole truth, not just a portion.

Funny. You won't learn much Native American "truth" from Wikipedia. That's pretty much the same old whitewash that's been taught in our public schools.
Or BrokeLoser.

HereWeGoAgain and BrokeLoser have trouble with the truth. One needs to be careful of present-ism (the placing of our values culturally today on the cultures of the past), but one can say Hitler was a "bad guy", and one can say truthfully that the white race engaged in genocide against the Native Americans for more than 400 years. Those are the facts.

BrokeLoser, you don't get to massacre the people next door because you want their hut.

You must be confused...I never said it didn't happen and I actually love truth. I'm usually the first to call things as they really are with no Libby spin or sugar coat.
There are still Tribes in jungles committing genocide today...should we compare their 'world' to ours?
And you're right, I don't get to massacre my neighbor for their hut in these times...BUT the British got to 400 years ago and there wasn't a stronger army to stop them...Face THE TRUTH...that's just the way it was back then.
How far back in time should we go to decide who we should hold accountable for happenings hundreds of years ago?
There once was a group of caveman who killed off a whole other group of caveman...Who's accountable for it today?
We hold the truth accountable: that's the way it was. It is right to tell the truth.

Funny. You won't learn much Native American "truth" from Wikipedia. That's pretty much the same old whitewash that's been taught in our public schools.

Slavery among Native Americans in the United States - Wikipedia

You left out some things as well which does not your political narrative.

You consider this evidence that "Thanksgiving was based on a massacre." and is somehow a racist celebration?
Is it wrong?

By that I mean is it wrong that the next 'Thanksgiving' was not giving thanks for harvest, but for successful genocide, which is racist by definition.

I thought this thread was about Thanksgiving. Now you've detoured into slavery. What's next?

565541b91b0000270029e8ef.jpeg

This is the bullshit that is taught in most schools.

Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like

You consider this evidence that "Thanksgiving was based on a massacre." and is somehow a racist celebration?
Is it wrong?

By that I mean is it wrong that the next 'Thanksgiving' was not giving thanks for harvest, but for successful genocide, which is racist by definition.

I didn't interpret it that way. If that's what you think the holiday is celebrating, I suggest you not celebrate it.

So much for harvest thanksgiving. Rather for victory granted by god in a land war.

1676 Thanksgiving Proclamation

“The Holy God having by a long and Continual Series of his Afflictive dispensations in and by the present Warr with the Heathen Natives of this land, written and brought to pass bitter things against his own Covenant people in this wilderness, yet so that we evidently discern that in the midst of his judgements he hath remembered mercy,

having remembered his Footstool in the day of his sore displeasure against us for our sins, with many singular Intimations of his Fatherly Compassion, and regard; reserving many of our Towns from Desolation Threatened, and attempted by the Enemy, and giving us especially of late with many of our Confederates many signal Advantages against them, without such Disadvantage to ourselves as formerly we have been sensible of, if it be

the Lord’s mercy that we are not consumed, It certainly bespeaks our positive Thankfulness, when our Enemies are in any measure disappointed or destroyed; and fearing the Lord should take notice under so many Intimations of his returning mercy, we should be found an Insensible people, as not standing before Him with Thanksgiving, as well as lading him with our Complaints in the time of pressing Afflictions:

The Council has thought meet to appoint and set apart the 29th day of this instant June, as a day of Solemn Thanksgiving and praise to God for such his Goodness and Favour, many Particulars of which mercy might be Instanced, but we doubt not those who are sensible of God’s Afflictions, have been as diligent to espy him returning to us; and that the Lord may behold us as a People offering Praise and thereby glorifying Him; the

Council doth commend it to the Respective Ministers, Elders and people of this Jurisdiction; Solemnly and seriously to keep the same Beseeching that being persuaded by the mercies of God we may all, even this whole people offer up our bodies and souls as a living and acceptable Service unto God by Jesus Christ.”

Giving thanks for the year's harvest is somehow racist?
Is this wrong?

The Thanksgiving Story

The Thanksgiving Story - History of Thanksgiving - Wilstar.com

This “thanksgiving” feast was not repeated the following year. Many years passed before the event was repeated. It wasn’t until June of 1676 that another Day of thanksgiving was proclaimed. On June 20 of that year the governing council of Charlestown, Massachusetts, held a meeting to determine how best to express thanks for the good fortune that had seen their community securely established. By unanimous vote they instructed Edward
Rawson, the clerk, to proclaim June 29 as a day of thanksgiving. It is notable that this thanksgiving celebration probably did not include Native Americans, as the celebration was meant partly to be in recognition of the colonists’ recent victory over the “heathen natives,” (see the proclamation). By then, it had become apparent to the settlers that the natives were a hindrance to their quest for more land, so the good will they shared at the first feast had long been lost.

Odd, we always go around the table and discuss what we are thankful for. We don't much get into racism as the basis for the celebration.

Funny the snowflake failed to mention that some Native American tribes held slaves.
You are already into the Christmas booze. You make no sense.

Lakota is laughing that redskins were in fact slave owners?

No wonder the redskins did not have a word for wheel.

Whatever, get rid of it then. No more Thanksgiving, end of issue - now get back to work.

Forum List

Back