That Which Is Caesar's....

How come God did not give any rights to black folk here for centuries?
That God fellow Aryan Nation?

You are an ignorant fellow, aren't you.

1. As long ago as the Middle Ages, the church served as the incubator for many of our most cherished of modern ideas. Clement of Alexandria ( c. 150 – c. 215), said this:
"... both slave and free must equally philosophize, whether male or female in sex . . . for the individual whose life is framed as ours is may philosophize without education. whether barbarian, Greek, slave, whether an old man, or a boy, or a woman. For moral self-restraint is common to all human beings who have chosen it. And we admit that the same nature exists in every race, and the same virtue." http://www.sjsu.edu/people/shantanu.phukan/courses/c15/s1/Christians_against_Roman_order.pdf

2. How about the church's movement against slavery? Clement of Alexandria declared that, since God made every human being "in his image, I would ask you, does it not seem to you monstrous that you human beings who are God's own handiwork-should e subjected to another master, and, even worse, serve a tyrant instead of God, the true king?"
Ibid.

3. Without this emphasis on the moral equality of all people there could not have been the rise of the Western legal tradition, its distinctive feature of equality before the law.

Yes, this view took centuries before it was generally recognized, before it was made self-evident that all men were created equal....1776 before it could be so written and not laughed at.

It required a religious culture steeped in the belief that all of mankind was "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights."
This could not have occurred without religion.

1. As long ago as the Middle Ages, the church served as the incubator for many of our most cherished of modern ideas. Clement of Alexandria ( c. 150 – c. 215), said this:
"... both slave and free must equally philosophize, whether male or female in sex . . . for the individual whose life is framed as ours is may philosophize without education. whether barbarian, Greek, slave, whether an old man, or a boy, or a woman. For moral self-restraint is common to all human beings who have chosen it. And we admit that the same nature exists in every race, and the same virtue." http://www.sjsu.edu/people/shantanu.phukan/courses/c15/s1/Christians_against_Roman_order.pdf

2. How about the church's movement against slavery? Clement of Alexandria declared that, since God made every human being "in his image, I would ask you, does it not seem to you monstrous that you human beings who are God's own handiwork-should e subjected to another master, and, even worse, serve a tyrant instead of God, the true king?"
Ibid.

3. Without this emphasis on the moral equality of all people there could not have been the rise of the Western legal tradition, its distinctive feature of equality before the law.

Yes, this view took centuries before it was generally recognized, before it was made self-evident that all men were created equal....1776 before it could be so written and not laughed at.

It required a religious culture steeped in the belief that all of mankind was "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights."

Oh the Irony!

Ever heard of Socrates and Confucius? Odds are Clement of Alexandria would have studied the teachings of Socrates on individual rights and freedoms.

And yes, there are ancient documents that predate your Bible describing individual rights and freedoms.

Then there is the Magna Carta and all of the Renaissance that focused on individual rights and freedoms too.

So it didn't begin with your religion and these concepts were around before your God was too.

Ibid.

Oh the Irony!

Ever heard of Socrates and Confucius? Odds are Clement of Alexandria would have studied the teachings of Socrates on individual rights and freedoms.

And yes, there are ancient documents that predate your Bible describing individual rights and freedoms.

Then there is the Magna Carta and all of the Renaissance that focused on individual rights and freedoms too.

So it didn't begin with your religion and these concepts were around before your God was too.

No irony here....you are simply an imbecile.

The book that Clement was quoting was written about 1400 BC.....a thousand years before Confucius.

Anybody who told you to just be yourself simply couldn't have given you worse advice...

I can't wait to see you try to answer this gaffe of yours.

Last edited:

Ibid.

Oh the Irony!

The book that Clement was quoting was written about 1400 BC.....a thousand years before Confucius.

Anybody who told you to just be yourself simply couldn't have given you worse advice...

Gotta :lol: when PoliticalSpice :dig: her own hole ever deeper!

Exhibit A posted by PoliticalSpice
Clement of Alexandria ( c. 150 – c. 215), said this:

Exhibit B posted by PoliticalSpice
The book that Clement was quoting was written about 1400 BC

My position;
there are ancient documents that predate your Bible describing individual rights and freedoms.

You have just conceded that your Bible was not the origin of individual rights and freedoms. Thank you for proving my point while nullifying your own.

:lmao:

Oh the Irony!

The book that Clement was quoting was written about 1400 BC

My position;
there are ancient documents that predate your Bible describing individual rights and freedoms.

You have just conceded that your Bible was not the origin of individual rights and freedoms. Thank you for proving my point while nullifying your own.

My position;

Let's have those quotes.

My position;

My position;

Let's have those quotes.

Urukagina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Urukagina (reigned ca. 24th century BC?, short chronology), alternately rendered as Uruinimgina or Irikagina, was a ruler (énsi) of the city-state Lagash in Mesopotamia.

Urukagina's code has been widely hailed as the first recorded example of government reform, seeking to achieve a higher level of freedom and equality.[2] It limited the power of the priesthood and large property owners, and took measures against usury, burdensome controls, hunger, theft, murder, and seizure (of people's property and persons); as he states, "The widow and the orphan were no longer at the mercy of the powerful man".

From God or the Green Phantom?

By learning and applying Jesus truths--my teachers get all of them deep into our hearts--we live by them daily. Everytime I post Jesus' important truths, every Trinitarian rejects them.

I encourage you to read the book of Revelation from a KJ Bible and then you will know the truth about Jesus.:eusa_angel:

I have 0 trust for translations that refuse to put Gods personal name back in the ot in the nearly 6800 places it should be--every scholar on earth knows its truth.
I understand a newer version of the kjv has put Gods name back---but after how many years its users and teachers using the kjv--condemned the ones who did put it back.
I know the truth about Jesus very well---afterall he is my king--my only king.

Forum List

Back