The 10th Amendment

Then why do you even consider that the constitution allows the federal government to enact health care legislation.

Because it does.
Really.
Cite the clause that gives the federal government the power to enact legislation dealing with health care.

After you cite the clause that gives the federal government the power to enact legislation dealing with transmission frequency allotment.

You forget.... the GOP mainstream is a center/center-left party; as such, their adherece to the principles of federalism is far from absolute.
fed·er·al·ism (fdr--lzm, fdr-)
n.
a. A system of government in which power is divided between a central authority and constituent political units.
b. Advocacy of such a system of government.
2. Federalism The doctrine of the Federalist Party.
Thank you, Captain Obvious - for your effort, you get a cookie.
:eusa_clap:

You're welcome Private Parts.

Because it does.
Really.
Cite the clause that gives the federal government the power to enact legislation dealing with health care.
After you cite the clause that gives the federal government the power to enact legislation dealing with transmission frequency allotment.
Thank you for admitting you cannot cite any such clause from the constitution, thusly voiding your claim to that effect.

Really.
Thank you for admitting you cannot cite any such clause from the constitution, thusly voiding your claim to that effect.

XXXXXXX

There are an infinite number of things going on today that were not anticipated by the founders because they didn't exist in their times. Fortunately for America they wrote a Constitution flexible enough to accommodate progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

I sometimes forget the limitations to your ability to understand.

There are an infinite number of things going on today that were not anticipated by the founders because they didn't exist in their times. Fortunately for America they wrote a Constitution flexible enough to accommodate progress.

Are you suggesting that the government is forcing everyone to buy frequencies in order to transmit? Or is that something regulated alongside military and commercial use? Is everyone going to receive military medical care?

Or is health insurance not even close to the same as regulating air waves? No one is forced to purchase a product they don't want with everything the government regulates, except now healthcare. It's not a necessity and the only ones who benefit are the insurance companies and related medical fields. Your argument is invalid.

Are you suggesting that the government is forcing everyone to buy frequencies in order to transmit? Or is that something regulated alongside military and commercial use? Is everyone going to receive military medical care?

Or is health insurance not even close to the same as regulating air waves? No one is forced to purchase a product they don't want with everything the government regulates, except now healthcare. It's not a necessity and the only ones who benefit are the insurance companies and related medical fields. Your argument is invalid.

The original point was healthcare insurance regulation was not specifically permitted by the Constitution. My point was neither was transmission frequency allocation.

The original point was healthcare insurance regulation was not specifically permitted by the Constitution. My point was neither was transmission frequency allocation.

Health insurance started during the civil war. Yet never before has the government forced people to buy it. Nor any other product. Quit dodging every point I throw at you.

Health insurance started during the civil war. Yet never before has the government forced people to buy it. Nor any other product. Quit dodging every point I throw at you.

You are dodging the problem. We pay 2X every other country for mediocre health care results. Why mediocre? We're the only country in the world that doesn't treat all residents the same in regards to their health. Here it's been a privilege of wealth. At a time when business is making more and more people poor.

Your objection to ACA is that, like the powder puffs at Versailles, you feel uniquely entitled to health. How is that going to be as special as you deserve if everyone has access to it?

You are dodging the problem. We pay 2X every other country for mediocre health care results. Why mediocre? We're the only country in the world that doesn't treat all residents the same in regards to their health. Here it's been a privilege of wealth. At a time when business is making more and more people poor.

Your objection to ACA is that, like the powder puffs at Versailles, you feel uniquely entitled to health. How is that going to be as special as you deserve if everyone has access to it?
:eusa_boohoo:
Present a sount argument as to how/why people should be forced by the state to pay for goods and services they do not receive, and how forcing those people to pay for those goods and services does not constitute involuntary servitude.

Present a sount argument as to how/why people should be forced by the state to pay for goods and services they do not receive, and how forcing those people to pay for those goods and services does not constitute involuntary servitude.

I have. It's above your pay grade apparently.

Personal responsibility sucks, right?

You'll receive your share of health care, don't worry.

Last edited:

I have.
Really? Copy and paste.
Soundly show how I have a "personal responsibility" to provide goods and services to others at my own cost, and that the state should force me to live up to that responsibility.
Else, you're running away from a position you know you cannot soundly support. Again.

Last edited:
I have.
Really? Copy and paste.
Else, you're running away from a position you know you cannot soundly support. Again.

Tell us your plan to make it through life without health care.

Tell us why I should pay for your health care just because you are irresponsible about what you spend your money on.

Tell us who benefits from poor health. Employers? Friends? Family, Neighbors? Communities? Countries?

Tell us why I should pay for your health care just because you are irresponsible about what you spend your money on.

Depending on your beliefs, humans have gone without health insurance for 6,000- several hundreds of thousands of years. Yet somehow in our politically correct country where we dance on egg shells and fake smiles at people we hate, we suddenly need Heath insurance? No.

Depending on your beliefs, humans have gone without health insurance for 6,000- several hundreds of thousands of years. Yet somehow in our politically correct country where we dance on egg shells and fake smiles at people we hate, we suddenly need Heath insurance? No.

You weren't alive for many of those years so you may be surprised to learn that they were different from now.

You weren't alive for many of those years so you may be surprised to learn that they were different from now.

You mean we currently live in a healthier environment where people naturally live longer due to the basic inexpensive medicines available at the supermarket? If your argument is that we currently live in healthier times requiring less insurance than the more dangerous times of years past then I completely agree with you. Times certainly are different.

You mean we currently live in a healthier environment where people naturally live longer due to the basic inexpensive medicines available at the supermarket? If your argument is that we currently live in healthier times requiring less insurance than the more dangerous times of years past then I completely agree with you. Times certainly are different.

When you get older you too will get to visit hospitals where every room is a technological wonder and every pill rivals the finest caviar in price. We just can't help our inclination to stay alive as long as possible.

Or, maybe you won't have to wait that long. The big C or some drunk going the wrong way at 75mph may well be your ticket to wonderland.

Isn't it good to know though that whatever gets you to the point of needing your life saved, at least you won't be dumping your bills on others?

When you get older you too will get to visit hospitals where every room is a technological wonder and every pill rivals the finest caviar in price. We just can't help our inclination to stay alive as long as possible.

Or, maybe you won't have to wait that long. The big C or some drunk going the wrong way at 75mph may well be your ticket to wonderland.

Isn't it good to know though that whatever gets you to the point of needing your life saved, at least you won't be dumping your bills on others?

When a person is charged for care, they receive the bill. When that person doesn't pay, it goes to a collection agency. When seven years passes that negative inquiry is removed from that person's credit history. If they file bankruptcy the debt is lost and their score goes down.

At what point do they send the bill to someone else? Never.

Another deflection PMZ.

Forum List

Back