The 124th US Open starts tomorrow.

bdtex

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2013
I'm hopjng DeChambeau has a high finish.
I have high hopes for a few players that are playing well. Even last year's British Open(I still call it that) champion, Brian Harman, came in 2nd in the US Open one year.

I saw a few interviews of top players saying that depending on where they put the pins, you can be 10 feet away and putt it into a bunker.
I don't remember what year it was but I remember Payne Stewart missing a short putt in the US Open and the ball rolling all the way to the bottom of the green.

Scores under par are reachable for those teeing off in the morning. That being said, par is a good score today.

Last edited:
Scores under par are reachable for those teeing off in the morning. That being said, par is a good score today.
I haven't seen any putts running off the green but a few chip shots that normally stop a few feet from the hole have rolled way off the green. The way I chip, I would not like playing that course!!

I got to watch Justin Thomas, Colin Morikawa and Brook Koepka play the last 5 holes. Colin and Brooks just finished at even par. Colin birdied the last 2 holes. Plan to watch some of the McIlroy, Scheffler and Schauffele group this afternoon.

I got to watch Justin Thomas, Colin Morikawa and Brook Koepka play the last 5 holes. Colin and Brooks just finished at even par. Colin birdied the last 2 holes. Plan to watch some of the McIlroy, Scheffler and Schauffele group this afternoon.
77 for Thomas, ouch. He's prolly going to miss another cut, he's really been struggling for a player of his caliber.

My boy Bryson is sitting in 5th, and just like I thought, Koepka starts hot and fades fast, like he does in every major now.

I'll be surprised if Koepka can stay around even until Sunday. Hoping Bryson stays hot.

Been watching the McIlroy, Scheffler and Schauffele group this afternoon. Scottie can't find the fairway today but he's still hanging close to par. Rory is playing well.

My boy Bryson is sitting in 5th, and just like I thought, Koepka starts hot and fades fast, like he does in every major now.

I'll be surprised if Koepka can stay around even until Sunday. Hoping Bryson stays hot.
Bryson should come back to the PGA. I thought the LIV tour was fun and I even went to one of their tournaments. But I find it's almost unwatchable on TV. It just looks cheesy and poorly produced.

15 players finished under par today. 18 players finished at even par. That's 33 out of a field of 152 players. Pretty typical US Open so far.

Scottie just finished at 5 over and is in danger of missing the cut. I personally don't like Pinehurst visually or otherwise but that's jmo. All that scruffy waste area reminds me of my local muni course.

Scores in the groups that teed off this morning are averaging lower than yesterday. It wll be interesting to see the afternoon scores and the course setup for tomorrow.

Scottie just finished at 5 over and is in danger of missing the cut.
He scrambled all day yesterday just to finish at +1. He couldn't hit the fairway. I didn't see all of his round today. I did see him miss 3 makeable birdie putts. Edited to add: I haven't seen the projected cut yet. +5 might be the cut line.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back