The 2015 Lie of the Year

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
I suspect that like all liars it is just a matter of time before they catch up to Mr. Trump. When will his supporters get tired of these reports and kick him to the curb?

2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump

PolitiFact designates the many campaign misstatements of Donald Trump as our 2015 Lie of the Year.
It’s the trope on Trump: He’s authentic, a straight-talker, less scripted than traditional politicians. That’s because Donald Trump doesn’t let facts slow him down. Bending the truth or being unhampered by accuracy is a strategy he has followed for years.

"People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts," Trump wrote in his 1987 best-seller The Art of the Deal. "People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It's an innocent form of exaggeration — and a very effective form of promotion."

See related rulings
"That philosophy guided Trump in luxury real estate and reality television. This year he brought it to the world of presidential politics.

Trump has "perfected the outrageous untruth as a campaign tool," said Michael LaBossiere, a philosophy professor at Florida A&M University who studies theories of knowledge. "He makes a clearly false or even absurdly false claim, which draws the attention of the media. He then rides that wave until it comes time to call up another one."

PolitiFact has been documenting Trump’s statements on our Truth-O-Meter, where we’ve rated 76 percent of them Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire, out of 77 statements checked. No other politician has as many statements rated so far down on the dial." [VIDEO]2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump

ISIS is contained

"We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack—not a protest"- Hillary Clinton helping Obama cover up a terrorist attack at Benghazi

I suspect that like all liars it is just a matter of time before they catch up to Mr. Trump. When will his supporters get tired of these reports and kick him to the curb?

2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump

PolitiFact designates the many campaign misstatements of Donald Trump as our 2015 Lie of the Year.
It’s the trope on Trump: He’s authentic, a straight-talker, less scripted than traditional politicians. That’s because Donald Trump doesn’t let facts slow him down. Bending the truth or being unhampered by accuracy is a strategy he has followed for years.

"People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts," Trump wrote in his 1987 best-seller The Art of the Deal. "People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It's an innocent form of exaggeration — and a very effective form of promotion."

See related rulings
"That philosophy guided Trump in luxury real estate and reality television. This year he brought it to the world of presidential politics.

Trump has "perfected the outrageous untruth as a campaign tool," said Michael LaBossiere, a philosophy professor at Florida A&M University who studies theories of knowledge. "He makes a clearly false or even absurdly false claim, which draws the attention of the media. He then rides that wave until it comes time to call up another one."

PolitiFact has been documenting Trump’s statements on our Truth-O-Meter, where we’ve rated 76 percent of them Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire, out of 77 statements checked. No other politician has as many statements rated so far down on the dial." [VIDEO]2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump
I'll pay attention when Trump says he will cause the oceans to recede...

PolitiFact is left wing.
=========
Being left wing doesn't make them wrong.
=====

There are two Political Philosophies:

The Left

and

The Wrong

They have an agenda. Kessler's pretty spot on at Washington Post. I find him the least biased out there and considering he writes for WP that's high praise from me.

They called Obama's statement "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan" the Lie of the Year in 2013.

Did you call them left wing then? No? So you're just a partisan hack? Yes.

Forum List

Back