The 2nd Amendment Wins Again

Sorry.....but the 4th created law and ignored Miller, and Heller....and their own prior rulings....so if we simply follow the conservative principal of following legal Precedent...their decision would stand, even though it violates the Constitution and all prior rulings.......

As you said, the 4th violated precedent and the Constitution. A conservative court will use Heller as precedent and reverse the unconstitutional decision of the 4th.

This is exactly what we need to stop, courts ignoring codified law in favor of political agendas.

Yep...that is what has to happen.....I just hope we replace one of the left wing nuts before this case gets to the Supreme Court......we need 4 to vote to accept it...and having 6 to overturn the 4th would be nice....

More and more States are recognizing their citizens right to self defense, this time NH. With any luck the trend will continue.

From the link:

Republican Gov. Chris Sununu has signed legislation removing the licensing requirement for carrying concealed firearms. A representative from the National Rifle Association says that makes New Hampshire the 12th state that doesn’t require a license or permit.

Now anyone who isn’t prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun can carry it concealed without a license. The previous law gave police chiefs and local officials the discretion to decide if someone was ‘‘suitable’’ to carry a gun concealed.

N.H. residents no longer need a license to carry concealed loaded guns - The Boston Globe

Regressives are now free to have another hissy fit.

The NRA wins again at the expense of American lives.

Yes, American lives are in such danger by allowing people to protect themselves in a life or death situation.

How is that exactly?

The NRA has been fighting for the 2nd amendment for a long time....in the 1990s there were 200 million guns in private hands and in 1997 there were 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense....in 2016 there are now 357-400 million guns in private hands and over 15 million people carrying guns for self defense.....and the gun murder rate went down 49% and the violent crime rate went down 75%.....looks like the NRA is helping to save lives.....

Thanks Obama !

Dipshit.....under obama...who has supported the attacks on the police...the gun murder rate started to go up again in 2016.......in all the major cities controlled by anti police democrats...luckily, we elected Trump, who actually supports the police...so the gun murder rate should go back down again......

Hold on. You bragged about the rates going down. They went down under obama.

Now they didn't go down? That makes you a liar then.
How did you guys/gals get off-topic onto taxes and off of 2A ???
murder rates not tax rates

Citizens of New Hampshire are still required to comply with state and federal laws in order to purchase and/or carry a firearm. So what seems to be the problem?

[
Here is the problem with all this: Even if states are forced by court to allow citizens to carry firearms, that doesn't mean the laws have to back them up.

Here in my state, I would never hesitate to use deadly force if needed because our legislators wrote the laws that favor us--the armed victim. However even if I could use my license in NY or California, I would be very fearful because of how they view armed citizens.

For armed citizens to make a difference, laws have to be provided to support people who need guns to get out of a bad situation. If the laws (and prosecutors) are against you, you might as well leave the gun home.

California is a "Victim Rights" state.

That is, you have the right to be a victim.

It is your ONLY right.

I would like to see equal gun laws nationwide, however I'm no lawyer or adept student of the Constitution.
You always need to remember that the 50 States plus the territories and DC are practically sovereign. This is due to the 10th Amendment.

The next SCOTUS after Gorsuch is seated will need to decide between States' Rights versus 2A.

Gorsuch seems like he will be a swing voter like Roberts and Kennedy.

So this could go either way.

When I lived in California I thought States' Rights was all fokked up because California has gone Communist.

But now that I live in the Rocky Mountains I love States' Rights and I just feel sorry for all the moderate and far Right Californians who must live under a Communist dictatorship.

Citizens of New Hampshire are still required to comply with state and federal laws in order to purchase and/or carry a firearm. So what seems to be the problem?
there isn't a problem

anyone in any state who can legally buy a gun should be able to carry that gun concealed.

How is that exactly?

The NRA has been fighting for the 2nd amendment for a long time....in the 1990s there were 200 million guns in private hands and in 1997 there were 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense....in 2016 there are now 357-400 million guns in private hands and over 15 million people carrying guns for self defense.....and the gun murder rate went down 49% and the violent crime rate went down 75%.....looks like the NRA is helping to save lives.....

Thanks Obama !

Dipshit.....under obama...who has supported the attacks on the police...the gun murder rate started to go up again in 2016.......in all the major cities controlled by anti police democrats...luckily, we elected Trump, who actually supports the police...so the gun murder rate should go back down again......

After 2015...going into 2016....after Ferguson and obama attacking the police they started going up...after 25 years of going down........25 years of gun murder rates going down, and in one year obama starts them going up again....

Obama has been president for 8 years .

Maybe the killings have gone up because of more guns!! After all these cops are being killed by gunfire .

So much for YOUR theory .

How is that exactly?

Thanks Obama !

After 2015...going into 2016....after Ferguson and obama attacking the police they started going up...after 25 years of going down........25 years of gun murder rates going down, and in one year obama starts them going up again....

Maybe the killings have gone up because of more guns!! After all these cops are being killed by gunfire .

you have yet to realize that there is a very big difference between legal gun owners and criminals

Yep...that is what has to happen.....I just hope we replace one of the left wing nuts before this case gets to the Supreme Court......we need 4 to vote to accept it...and having 6 to overturn the 4th would be nice....

I don't believe in god, but even so we should pray that Ruth Bader Ginsburg reaches room temperature very soon.

New Hampshire is like the ugly step-child of New England.
Unlike you that is just plain ugly.

Freedom and the Constitution rule. LLL's quake in the wake of Great American's protecting themselves.

How about the freedom to not be gunned down by some crazy criminal who got a gun out of a vending machine ?

Can you provide evidence of said vending machine?

Well you preach that there should be no gun control . So then you would be in favor of guns out of vending machines ! Anything less would mean some sort of gun control was in place .
show me one person here who thinks that convicted felons should be able to buy guns legally

Are you kidding ? What the fuck do you think background checks are for? Most of you gun nuts are against them .

How is that exactly?

Thanks Obama !

Moron...the rise started in 2015...as documented in FBI table 8 on homicides......up till then it was going down...moron...

Freedom and the Constitution rule. LLL's quake in the wake of Great American's protecting themselves.

How about the freedom to not be gunned down by some crazy criminal who got a gun out of a vending machine ?

Well you preach that there should be no gun control . So then you would be in favor of guns out of vending machines ! Anything less would mean some sort of gun control was in place .
show me one person here who thinks that convicted felons should be able to buy guns legally

Are you kidding ? What the fuck do you think background checks are for? Most of you gun nuts are against them .

so who here says that any felon should be able to buy a gun?

if there's that many it should be easy to find a quote

How is that exactly?

Thanks Obama !

Of just maybe because of liberal threats, cops just quit doing their jobs by being proactive with criminals, and criminals figured it out.

Stop and Frisk worked out great in NYC, but now that it's been put to an end, violent crime is increasing. Criminals know that cops can't just stop them to pat down and find guns being carried illegally.

they don't stop criminals from getting guns...for one...and two..if they cost money, they are a poll tax on owning a gun and are therefore unConstitutional...

I'll ask you. Do you think we should have control?

How is that exactly?

Thanks Obama !

Not a theory dumb shit......facts from the FBI...

Federal Bureau of Investigation - Uniform Crime Reports - 2000

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

gun murder rate 1997 -2000

1997..... 10,729
1998..... 9,257
1999..... 8,480
2000..... 8,493
2001..... 8,719
2002... 9,369
2003.... 9,638
2004..... 9,385
2005.... 10,158
2006.... 10,225
2007 10,129
2008-- 9,528
2009-- 9,199
2010- 8,874
2011-- 8,653
2012-- 8,897
2013-- 8,454
2014-- 8,312
2015--9,616

[

It depends on the felony.

Stripping civil rights from someone convicted of cheating on their taxes rubs me the wrong way.

Violent felons are a different story.
IMO a criminal is a criminal

choose to break the law lose your rights

Forum List

Back