The 50 most developed countries in the world and Universal Healthcare.

People in the US are also taller/larger on average...shorter/thinner people live longer. 80 is pretty damn good!

Actually Northern Europeans tend to be taller than Americans. The Dutch on average are the tallest people. They live longer than Americans on average. Italians live longer too, but average they are equal or smaller in terms of height.

Wrong. Average height for males in the US is 5'10. Same in Netherlands. They live one year longer. And it is weight not height. Their aveage weight is 185 vs. 192 for the US. Try again. You're losing badly. And the delta is one year. LMAO.

One year is a big difference when your dealing with average life expectancies among large populations. Universal Healthcare can help reduce the obesity problem in the United States.
One year doesn't matter that much to people. If it did, they wouldn't eat the crappy diets like they do. They also wouldn't smoke or drink. All that shows that it dosn't make that much of a difference to them.

Illegal aliens provide far more benefit to the U.S. economy overall than any cost they add to healthcare. We need far more latin Americans to come to this country whether they are illegal or not in order to grow and sustain economic growth in this country. Its a demographic reality many people do not understand, largely for ideological and racial reasons.

"We need far more latin Americans to come to this country whether they are illegal or not"

Illogical. Simply illogical. How long to sing this song?

Its a demographic reality. A growing economy needs more workers. U.S. birth rates are down, and the babyboom population is leaving the workforce. The only way to make up the shortfall is more workers from latin America. Also, past on immigration laws from the past, most of these so called illegals would not be considered illegal.

You're not American? Why do you care? I already explained that automation will take care of it.

Automation right now is not taking care of the labor shortage in America. That's why we have the lowest unemployment rate in half a century and 7.3 million unfilled jobs. Most economist agree you need increased immigration in order to meet and stay at 3% growth rate for the economy per year. The United States is currently behind that rate.

Average growth in the economy per year has only been 1.9% on average since the year 2000. Technology has not improved economic growth. Economic growth was much higher on average back in the 90s and 80s.
No one wants economic growth solely so we can accommodate more people. We only want economic growth that improves our standard of living. What's the point if we just give all the new money to immigrants?

Its the opposite, the immigrants are the SOLUTION to achieving greater wealth, prosperity and power. Otherwise, you risk being a country with a declining work force and an aging retirement community. Population decline is a bad indicator for a country.

Not really. Illegal alien are bankrupting healthcare. That and stupid schemes in Obamacare.

Illegal aliens provide far more benefit to the U.S. economy overall than any cost they add to healthcare. We need far more latin Americans to come to this country whether they are illegal or not in order to grow and sustain economic growth in this country. Its a demographic reality many people do not understand, largely for ideological and racial reasons.

"We need far more latin Americans to come to this country whether they are illegal or not"

Its a demographic reality. A growing economy needs more workers. U.S. birth rates are down, and the babyboom population is leaving the workforce. The only way to make up the shortfall is more workers from latin America. Also, past on immigration laws from the past, most of these so called illegals would not be considered illegal.

You're not American? Why do you care? I already explained that automation will take care of it.

Automation right now is not taking care of the labor shortage in America. That's why we have the lowest unemployment rate in half a century and 7.3 million unfilled jobs. Most economist agree you need increased immigration in order to meet and stay at 3% growth rate for the economy per year. The United States is currently behind that rate.

Average growth in the economy per year has only been 1.9% on average since the year 2000. Technology has not improved economic growth. Economic growth was much higher on average back in the 90s and 80s.

Again, you need to put down the tablet and go explore the world.

It’s coming. And while you will deny it, it’s taxs collected from the low wage employees who work those jobs, and those who lay bricks, frame houses, hang sheet rock that pay for your universal healthcare. So what happens to this folks when they aren’t working? How do they make there deductibles if they aren’t working? Have you enrolled in Obamacare? Not the what you think should be I mean where you go to the website and pick gold, silver or bronze plans? Have you done that?

Life expectancy US - 79.68 - avg. weight for male - 192 pds
Life expectancy UK - 80.54 - avg. weight for male - 184 pds

LOL

Edge is such a child.

Universal Healthcare in the United States would help address that problem.

How? My insurance doesn't tell me not eat bad foods? Please explain this. I live in Boston, the best place for healthcare in the WORLD.

Being able to talk to doctors and healthcare providers and being given access to low cost quality food. That's how. Many people in low income areas don't have very good access to healthcare professionals or low cost high quality food options.

You cannot conflate the two. Some of our best hospitals are in questionable areas. People have access. In terms of nutrition it is on you. One can easily spend $5 on rice/beans vs. Big Mac and fries. People here choose to eat poorly. You are losing badly. Very badly. You are unprepared.

Its fact that the poor and lower class have lower life expectancies and share a much higher proportion of the nations obesity problem. Universal healthcare could help solve these problems among the poor and lower class and improve overall U.S. life expectancy.
Universal healthcare would not force them to change their diets or lose weight, so your claim is absurd on its face.

No one wants economic growth solely so we can accommodate more people. We only want economic growth that improves our standard of living. What's the point if we just give all the new money to immigrants?

Its the opposite, the immigrants are the SOLUTION to achieving greater wealth, prosperity and power. Otherwise, you risk being a country with a declining work force and an aging retirement community. Population decline is a bad indicator for a country.
How does an illegal alien make me any wealthier?

My parents are immigrants (legal). I am OK with immigrants if they come in legally. In terms of population decline, tell that to China.

Universal Healthcare in the United States would help address that problem.

How? My insurance doesn't tell me not eat bad foods? Please explain this. I live in Boston, the best place for healthcare in the WORLD.

Being able to talk to doctors and healthcare providers and being given access to low cost quality food. That's how. Many people in low income areas don't have very good access to healthcare professionals or low cost high quality food options.

You cannot conflate the two. Some of our best hospitals are in questionable areas. People have access. In terms of nutrition it is on you. One can easily spend $5 on rice/beans vs. Big Mac and fries. People here choose to eat poorly. You are losing badly. Very badly. You are unprepared.

Its fact that the poor and lower class have lower life expectancies and share a much higher proportion of the nations obesity problem. Universal healthcare could help solve these problems among the poor and lower class and improve overall U.S. life expectancy.

Walk me through on why and how? Doctors do not prescribe diets.

People in the healthcare industry do and Universal Healthcare can bring that advice and those resources to the poor and lower class. Its part of the reason why the Europeans beat us in life expectancy. They take care of the their people at the bottom of the economic ladder.

My parents are immigrants (legal). I am OK with immigrants if they come in legally. In terms of population decline, tell that to China.

China faces a terrible demographic time bomb because of their stupid one child policy. In 20 or 30 years, their working age population will be so small compared to the retired or non-working population that it will cause extreme economic hardship.

People in the healthcare industry do and Universal Healthcare can bring that advice and those resources to the poor and lower class. Its part of the reason why the Europeans beat us in life expectancy. They take care of the their people at the bottom of the economic ladder.

They beat us by 1 year because they are smaller and eat healthier. My parents came from Europe. They never eat fast food, never eat anything with MSG, cook their own meals, shop at WholeFoods and take vitamins daily. My wife's mom is much younger, but looks much older, is obese, on a ton of meds and eats like crap. Just different lifestyles. Nothing to do with healthcare.

You're simply wrong.

You actually believe that poor people don't know eating junk food all day is bad for them? That drinking and smoking are bad for them? They are already continually bombarded with advice.

China faces a terrible demographic time bomb because of their stupid one child policy. In 20 or 30 years, their working age population will be so small compared to the retired or non-working population that it will cause extreme economic hardship.

Or it will rightsize the country. You're just guessing.

Have you enrolled in Obamacare?

People in China will just have to work until they are 75.

He is not American. I don't believe.

Or it will rightsize the country. You're just guessing.
China will be a much better country when it's population is 500 million instead of 1.3 billion.

Your children will pay the price when government decides to control drug prices.
If government controls prices we'll all pay less.
There won't be any new drugs, you fucking dumbass. Drug companies aren't going to invest billions of dollars if they can't recoup their costs.

Another bullshit lie. The USA doesn’t have the market cornered on drug research fool. That a lie they tell you to keep you paying THEIR prices.

The EPI pen you pay $400 for in the US, I pay $70 for here because my government protects its citizens from price gouging and negotiated lower drug prices for all Canadians.

The same is true in Europe. For profit health care in the USA is the only market in the world paying these prices.

Dear GOD, you're stupid.

The point isn't whether or not the US has "the market cornered" on drug research, idiot. The point is that if the US wasn't willing to pay enough for drugs to cover the R&D - if, for example, our government decided to do what YOURS did and demanded that drug companies sell at a loss here - the drug companies would stop spending money to develop new drugs.

The $400 I pay for the EPI pen is to subsidize YOUR EPI pen, because YOUR government shamelessly takes advantage of my country and then teaches its braindead, spoiled-children citizens to BRAG about it. If your citizens actually shouldered their share of the cost of developing that EPI pen, maybe all of us could pay the same amount.

What we have "the market cornered" on, in other words, is paying the freight for freeloading smug leech countries like Canada. You're fucking welcome, ingrate.

No, you stupid bitch. That's not true at all. Big Pharma gouges the American market because IT CAN!! Your laws, and your people allow them to, just like they've allowed Big Insurance to tell doctors what treatments to use, with "pre-approvals". Your system is the worst in the first world, in terms of cost, access and OUTCOMES.

American life expectancy is declining - again the only nation in the first world where this is happening. The opioid crisis is the real national emergency. Nobody batted an eye when Trump signed that declaration. But they're still waiting for him to do ANYTHING about it. Instead he focuses on his stupid, useless wall, to the exclusion of all else.

Oh, WELL, if YOU state that it's true, I guess that makes it . . . a giant pile of propagandistic bullshit you've swallowed so you can finally feel superior about something in your life. Just like everything else you say.

How the U.S. Pays 3 Times More for Drugs

Why Drugs cost More in U.S.

Economists say that drug companies -- even foreign ones -- are able to charge American patients a disproportionate share of their research costs. Most European governments bargain prices down to levels that cover companies' manufacturing and distributon costs, but much less of their research.

Economists and Federal regulators are concerned that companies are agreeing to sell their drugs cheaply elsewhere, while piling research and development costs onto their prices in the United States. "Obviously, we subsidize the world," said Richard Zeckhauser, an economist at Harvard University.

The costs of producing and distributing most prescription drugs are low, yet the cost of research can be very high. Companies that develop new drugs can negotiate low prices for some buyers and still turn a profit, provided they can charge others enough to pay for their research.

How The US Subsidizes Cheap Drugs For Europe

But what often goes overlooked in these discussions is the fact that pricey medicines in the U.S. actually subsidize research and development for the rest of the world, and for all the proposals to lower drug prices in the U.S., a solution to this particular imbalance is nowhere in sight.

“U.S. consumers are in fact subsidizing other countries’ public health systems, at least with respect to drug pricing,” Jacob Sherkow, an associate professor at New York Law School, said.

Everybody knows it but you, you ignorant twat. So the next time you're bragging about the "superiority" of your pissant country, remember that what you're ACTUALLY bragging about is how you and your countrymen are a bunch of leeches battened onto the United States.

Oh, and "But TTTTTRRRRRRRUUUMMMMMPPPP!!!!" just tells me you know you have a shit argument, but you're too attached to the glimmering hope of not being a hopeless loser at life to admit it. Rule of thumb, since I know you're too damned dumb to figure it out for yourself: when you have to go to "Well, well, well, you like Trump, so there!" to try to win an argument, you've already lost before you ever opened your wrinkled, parasitic gob.

Aruba has universal coverage, great weather, low unemployment and universal care. Their avg life expectancy is only 75?

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?!?!?!?!?!?!? LMAO.

He is not American. I don't believe.

That explains allot.

The Americans who tend to be obese and malnourished live either in poverty or the lower class. Universal Healthcare would go a long way to mending that problem.

How?

Access to healthcare means counseling, advice and nutrition programs that can help people in poverty and the lower class address these issues.

Asshole, those people aren't eating junk because they don't know how to eat better, and can't afford to get counseling. They eat junk because they want to. Do you really think that basic nutrition is that fucking complicated, or is it that you think the vast majority of Americans are just helpless morons who can't tie their shoes without "brilliant", benevolent elitists like you to magnanimously tell them how?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back