The abortion issue troubles me mightily

She compromised her own rights by voluntarily putting the child there, herself.
Is that the law or your opinion? Was it an oral contract? (Of course if it was she wouldn't be in her predicament)

It's law enough that the SCOTUS has already said that once it is established that a child in the womb is a person, the case for abortions becomes near IMPOSSIBLE to make. And, its worth noting that the pro abortion lawyer (Sarah Weddington) AGREED with the court on that statement.

Last edited:
Women do have a right to choose, but they need to understand that choice starts when they decide to participate in the act of reproduction. Surprise surprise, there’s a you’ll get pregnant.
What about cases where the woman does not get a choice? For example, in cases of rape or if a contraceptive pill or device fails to work.
It’s debatable then, but it’s also fractions of a percent. I mean if you got raped, it’d probably seem wise to get the morning after pill. And if your BC failed, sue the company as long as you can prove it.

But what about the other 99%
So you're saying that there are cases where the desires of the woman outweigh the right to life? If that is your belief why do you place yourself in the position of judge deciding which of a women's wishes are valid and which are not?

Is that the law or your opinion? Was it an oral contract? (Of course if it was she wouldn't be in her predicament)

It's law enough that the SCOTUS has already said that once it is estanlished that a child in the womb is a person, the case for abortions becomes near IMPOSSIBLE to make. And, its worth noting that the pro abortion lawyer (Sarah Weddington) AGREED with the court on that statement.
If Trump gets more SCOTUS slots to fill you may get your wish on the issue, at least for now.

It's law enough that the SCOTUS has already said that once it is estanlished that a child in the womb is a person, the case for abortions becomes near IMPOSSIBLE to make. And, its worth noting that the pro abortion lawyer (Sarah Weddington) AGREED with the court on that statement.
If Trump gets more SCOTUS slots to fill you may get your wish on the issue, at least for now.

Children have a right to the equal protections of our laws.

It would be great if we could all agree on that.

NOBODY remembers being in the womb or being born. Meaning it's likely that our soul chooses not to sit around for 9 months in a bag of fluid. It's just as plausible as any other explanation. And you can't prove that consciousness enters the fetus before it's born. Go ahead and try, we'll wait.

Just share your proof of even one soul of any fucking age. I want to see it.
So you oppose abortion AND don't think that humans have a soul? Wow, that's an odd combination. Why?

One thing at a time. Do you have proof that a soul enters a childs body at birth? Or not?

You made the claim.
No scientific proof, just the fact that nobody remembers being in the womb, so consciousness doesn’t start there.

What were your thoughts three weeks after you were born? What language were you using at the time?
I agree, consciousness/soul might not even start at birth.

NOBODY remembers being in the womb or being born. Meaning it's likely that our soul chooses not to sit around for 9 months in a bag of fluid. It's just as plausible as any other explanation. And you can't prove that consciousness enters the fetus before it's born. Go ahead and try, we'll wait.

So you oppose abortion AND don't think that humans have a soul? Wow, that's an odd combination. Why?

One thing at a time. Do you have proof that a soul enters a childs body at birth? Or not?

You made the claim.
No scientific proof, just the fact that nobody remembers being in the womb, so consciousness doesn’t start there.
You also don’t really remember the first couple years of life. So no soul up until then?
Not sure, nobody's ever done a study as to where and why consciousness starts.

Children have a right to the equal protections of our laws.

It would be great if we could all agree on that.
First thing to agree on is what does equal protection if the 'child' has rights that supersede those of the mother.

Second thing is what is a child?

Children:
kids-6-to-12.jpg

Not children:
d7df74378ac42684bdcf0dc6e718e95f_1463063277-421x320.jpg

Women do have a right to choose, but they need to understand that choice starts when they decide to participate in the act of reproduction. Surprise surprise, there’s a you’ll get pregnant.
What about cases where the woman does not get a choice? For example, in cases of rape or if a contraceptive pill or device fails to work.
It’s debatable then, but it’s also fractions of a percent. I mean if you got raped, it’d probably seem wise to get the morning after pill. And if your BC failed, sue the company as long as you can prove it.

So you're saying that there are cases where the desires of the woman outweigh the right to life? If that is your belief why do you place yourself in the position of judge deciding which of a women's wishes are valid and which are not?
Nope I didn’t say that, I said it was debatable.

You made the claim.
You also don’t really remember the first couple years of life. So no soul up until then?
Not sure, nobody's ever done a study as to where and why consciousness starts.
They have. And it comes from the brain. The soul is different, and that’s more of a topic in philosophy and religion. No place in science

So you're saying that there may be cases where the desires of the woman outweigh the right to life?

First thing to agree on is what does equal protection if the 'child' has rights that supersede those of the mother.

Children:
kids-6-to-12.jpg

Not children:

Dishonest, because abortions do not take place that early. It's only a few cells minutes after conception. By the time a woman who wasn't planning a pregnancy realizes she's pregnant, it's like this: (or beyond)

eight_weeks.jpg

Children:
kids-6-to-12.jpg

Not children:

Dishonest, because abortions do not take place that early. It's only a few cells minutes after conception. By the time a woman who wasn't planning a pregnancy realizes she's pregnant, it's like this: (or beyond)
I believe aborting a zygote of only a few cells is OK but aborting a child is not. Do we agree?

I can't see your image but I suspect you're wrong. The 'morning after pill' would abort fertilized eggs only a few hours to a few days old. Honest.

So you're saying that there may be cases where the desires of the woman outweigh the right to life?
I said it’s a topic of debate, didn’t give my position. I didn’t do so because it’s a red herring.

I said it’s a topic of debate, didn’t give my position. I didn’t do so because it’s a red herring.
Everything about abortion is a topic of debate. Let me ask you directly, are there ANY circumstances where you would support a woman having an abortion? For example: rape (statutory or forcible), incest, health of the mother, fetal abnormality, marital status (divorce, widowed, single), other?

You made the claim.

What were your thoughts three weeks after you were born? What language were you using at the time?

Dafuq?

You are the one who claimed babies get a SOUL "at birth!"

Everything about abortion is a topic of debate. Let me ask you directly, are there ANY circumstances where you would support a woman having an abortion? For example: rape (statutory or forcible), incest, health of the mother, fetal abnormality, marital status (divorce, widowed, single), other?
No, but if I need to come to a compromise, I would absolutely allow abortion for rape. It is a sticky issue yes, but it’s still life. I’ve already mentioned this, but there is the morning after pill a women should probably take after rape. Health of the mother isn’t even debatable, that is her choice, as long as the situation is dire, in which that usually means both won’t survive...but that’s also quite rare. As far as the rest, NO. There is no excuse. BC is so stinking cheap, and easily accessible, and if we’re talking about IUDs, so freaking simple. There’s no remembering a pill everyday, no having to stop mid coitus to get a condom, none of that. There also Nuvo rings and Depo, that are just as simple. It’s one of the EASIEST PROBLEMS TO SOLVE. But because people can fall back on abortion and use it as “birth control” instead, they don’t take responsibility for their own freaking actions. You get rid of abortions, you best believe people will be getting safe real fast. Really it’s so freaking easy, there is no excuse. It’s just about as easy as putting on a safety belt...yet we still need abortion?

More like nature, cause-and-effect, common knowledge that reproduction equals babies
None of which are legal tenets.
Yes they are...but they don’t really need to be do they. Since you went there, all of our tort law is pretty much based on cause and effect. Constitution is based off nature...and when you participate in reproduction...you reproduce, then you have a responsibility to that child. If what your saying is true then we need to hurry up and cancel all child support payments

You made the claim.

Dafuq?

You are the one who claimed babies get a SOUL "at birth!"
I don’t know what planet he’s on but it’s not earth, he thanked me for that clearly sarcastic post about the soul not being able to pass through the mother’s body.

Forum List

Back