The argument for chokeholds.

Not for long. We're seeing increased lawlessness. Whats about to unfold will be mind boggling.

We can understand that this country consists of more than "Wall Street" or millions of us will be OK with increased lawlessness.

Up to people like yourself.
understand that we are not going to surrender this great country to a violent mob of idiot marxist.

So police officers aren't getting arrested for what they once got away with?
if thats true why are yall rioting ?

Who has been held responsible for the murder of Breonna Taylor?
Terrible incident indeed ..... hopefully justice will happen ! over twice as many whites are killed by police than police kill blacks ! we all agree that there are bad cops ...but what we dont agree on is the racist lie that cops are purposefully targeting blacks to kill .... the biggest killer of black men below the age of 45 is other black criminals....not accidents not disease but another black ! they are the only race with this stat ! and since the so called racist police have pulled back the murder rates in the black inner city have skyrocketed in some cases doubled and tripled ! black idiots are slaughtering each other !

There is only one reason Philandro Castillo was pulled over for having a "wide set nose". The cop was targeting blacks.

Not for long. We're seeing increased lawlessness. Whats about to unfold will be mind boggling.

We can understand that this country consists of more than "Wall Street" or millions of us will be OK with increased lawlessness.

understand that we are not going to surrender this great country to a violent mob of idiot marxist.

Terrible incident indeed ..... hopefully justice will happen ! over twice as many whites are killed by police than police kill blacks ! we all agree that there are bad cops ...but what we dont agree on is the racist lie that cops are purposefully targeting blacks to kill .... the biggest killer of black men below the age of 45 is other black criminals....not accidents not disease but another black ! they are the only race with this stat ! and since the so called racist police have pulled back the murder rates in the black inner city have skyrocketed in some cases doubled and tripled ! black idiots are slaughtering each other !

There is only one reason Philandro Castillo was pulled over for having a "wide set nose". The cop was targeting blacks.
if thats true cops have targeted over twice as many whites .

It is true. You can make whatever excuses you want. Do we have recordings where an officer says "Looks like a pasty white guy, let's pull him over"?

We have a couple new threads where police officers have been blatant with their racism even when they knew people were listening. If you want to argue they are targeting white people also........go for it. Anything that gets the point across.

When tools are abused they get taken away. You can argue all day for this but it's going to end and those who refuse to abide by the rules will get arrested themselves.

No one is going to risk their own life to keep a thug safe. You disarm the police, there will be none.
When the police are the thugs you disarm them.
So you’re saying hypothetically that if you were fighting with police, you’d rather have them use a taser or baton to subdue you? Or do you just want to take “tools” away from police? That’s stupid, because now they have no choice but to escalate with a baton or taser, both are much more dangerous than these vascular chokes?

If they abuse their taser and batons you take those also.
So then they just have their guns...great thinking. Let’s make cops more nervous and make them feel completely defenseless outside of their firearm. That’s gonna be great for the paranoid schizophrenics when they harass store employees because they think the store is part of a government cabal, and get the cops called on them. Then the cops come out, which confirms to the paranoid schizo paranoia, and he fights the cops with every ounce of his being because that what he truly believes he has to do to survive. Now what are the cops supposed to do. They can’t leave him in the store. Cops can’t engage him either unless you think it’s ok for the cops to start throwing fists. I most certainly wouldn’t prefer that.

Easy. Start speaking up and demanding actions when the police abuse the tools that are gave them.
That’s happening dumbshit. Turn on the fucking news. What are the alternatives? You’re giving meaningless platitudes, not solutions. Brooks would still be alive had cops been trained in the manner I set about in the OP. But no, we have to put all chokeholds under an umbrella as “bad”. It’s utterly nonsensical. The left just wants to have anger sessions like in 1984. Their solution is to do a naked shame march game of thrones style.

I see only one person angry in this conversation and that is you.
I disagree.
I am very hard on cops when they get an attitude or abuse their power but having less capable cops is in no one's best interest. For decades we didn't want females on the force because we knew they would end up shooting people (when a guy would just slam him down and cuff him) because they couldn't handle him physically.
I want a society that has strong physically capable cops, I just don't want hardly anything to be illegal in that society, personally.

I don't see female cops just shooting people.
When tools are abused they get taken away. You can argue all day for this but it's going to end and those who refuse to abide by the rules will get arrested themselves.

No one is going to risk their own life to keep a thug safe. You disarm the police, there will be none.
When the police are the thugs you disarm them.
So you’re saying hypothetically that if you were fighting with police, you’d rather have them use a taser or baton to subdue you? Or do you just want to take “tools” away from police? That’s stupid, because now they have no choice but to escalate with a baton or taser, both are much more dangerous than these vascular chokes?

If they abuse their taser and batons you take those also.
So then they just have their guns...great thinking. Let’s make cops more nervous and make them feel completely defenseless outside of their firearm. That’s gonna be great for the paranoid schizophrenics when they harass store employees because they think the store is part of a government cabal, and get the cops called on them. Then the cops come out, which confirms to the paranoid schizo paranoia, and he fights the cops with every ounce of his being because that what he truly believes he has to do to survive. Now what are the cops supposed to do. They can’t leave him in the store. Cops can’t engage him either unless you think it’s ok for the cops to start throwing fists. I most certainly wouldn’t prefer that.

Easy. Start speaking up and demanding actions when the police abuse the tools that are gave them.
That’s happening dumbshit. Turn on the fucking news. What are the alternatives? You’re giving meaningless platitudes, not solutions. Brooks would still be alive had cops been trained in the manner I set about in the OP. But no, we have to put all chokeholds under an umbrella as “bad”. It’s utterly nonsensical. The left just wants to have anger sessions like in 1984. Their solution is to do a naked shame march game of thrones style.

I see only one person angry in this conversation and that is you.
I disagree.
I am very hard on cops when they get an attitude or abuse their power but having less capable cops is in no one's best interest. For decades we didn't want females on the force because we knew they would end up shooting people (when a guy would just slam him down and cuff him) because they couldn't handle him physically.
I want a society that has strong physically capable cops, I just don't want hardly anything to be illegal in that society, personally.

I don't see female police officers just shooting people. That appears to be done overwhelmingly by male officers.
It happens.

Obviously it's a trait of being a cop, not a trait of being female.
One of the toughest soldiers I ever knew was a female. But she was still smaller and weaker than most men.
The people whose job it is to sometimes physically subdue other people should not be. I've seen some scrawny little male cops too, and the last one I saw was definitely a serious handgunner; I could tell from his gear and his rig and how he carried it. That guy knows he is more likely to have to shoot.

Brawn isn't always the answer.
But when it is, social skills won't substitute.

You can't negotiate from a position of weakness, and it's all a negotiation.

Took three men to get George Floyd down after dragging him out of their cruiser.
Right...... how many females (or males) half their size would it have taken?

They may not have drug him out of the cruiser once he was in it.
Dude, who cares?

Physics is physics..... good big people beat good smaller people all day, every day. If you're in a job where violence is integral to the paycheck, you need to be bigger and stronger than most, period.

Bruce Lee wasn't so big.
I love enter the dragon as much as the next guy. But could Lee actually beat a guy whose a couple weight classes higher than him with comparable training, probably not. Bruce’s Lees legend gets inflated a bit. I’m not saying Lee wasn’t good, just that we only saw him beat up roided out gorillas bigger than him when it was choreographed.

I thought we were discussing training police officers? If that is what we are discussing "comparable training" generally isn't in it the picture.
You’re the one who cited a movie star in choreographed fighting scenes as evidence of someone smaller being able to take on bigger people.

And you disagree without adding qualifiers?
Disagree with what? That fact that Bruce lee would beat most fighters in all other weight classes IRL?

I'm not interested in you adding qualifications to make your argument.
I don’t even know which arguments you’re talking about. You’re basically telling me to make an argument without being able to point out that the events in Enter the Dragon didn’t really happen. You might as well be arguing that Capitan marvel is the strongest avenger, but I’m not allowed to point out that the avengers aren’t real. No qualifiers? You’re basically saying I can’t be specific in language and reflect reality in my arguments...um ok....maybe USMB isn’t you’re best outlet. Maybe you should just stick to twitter.

We have an experiment where we can truly test what in martial arts works, and what doesn’t work. That’s the UFC. The UFC has weight classes for a reason. Fighters get very pissed when their opponents miss weight by even a couple lbs because it’s that much of an advantage. And these days everyone needs to know BJJ, at least if they want to win.

My argument was already acknowledged. A trained smaller person can beat a larger person who is not.
Yeah cops aren’t trained though....that’s the point of the OP, and the title of the OP isn’t red herrings.

No, they are not. They have less training than a beautician.
So why is your solution to limit their tools, defund them, and leave them even more nervous and trigger happy. The answer is obviously they need more training. Especially in hand to hand. And BJJ is a great place to start. I saw tailor a class for them and have them attend once every 2 weeks .

Are you going to be willing to pay for it?
We're already paying more for the lack of good training.

We pay a lot. A good argument can be made that training is cheaper than multi-million dollar pay outs. I doubt anyone makes it.

It is true. You can make whatever excuses you want. Do we have recordings where an officer says "Looks like a pasty white guy, let's pull him over"?

We have a couple new threads where police officers have been blatant with their racism even when they knew people were listening. If you want to argue they are targeting white people also........go for it. Anything that gets the point across.
over 100 blacks were shot in chicago last weekend ...

over 100 blacks were shot in chicago last weekend ...

O.K.

Wal Mart had a sale on lawn chairs.

Forum List

Back