The assassination attempt requires national condemnation, national reflection,........

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
........and national sympathy for Don. But Trump would be mistaken to conflate national sympathy with national support. Because nothing about what happened in PA requires us to suspend our judgement on his actions or policies.

The attempt on his life does not erase his use of the trappings of power to install himself as the un-elected leader of the country. Nor does it erase the other crimes he committed and was indicted for. Though his judicial appointees are giving it their best. His moral degeneracy aside, POT policy positions on abortion, gun control, the environment, immigration, remain unpopular.

Unsurprisingly, Don has held to form and picked an unqualified running mate based on fidelity to him, not the constitutional order. If there is a single bedrock feature of his time in politics it is his emphasis on loyalty over competence. The Vance pick is a continuation of that theme.

If the goal now is to get past this fractious time in our history and try to be a more unified country for the good of us all, who in your heart of hearts do you think can be a more unifying figure? I would suggest it is not the person who has promised to seek revenge on those who sought to hold him accountable for his many crimes. Not the person who has viciously attacked them on social media. And not the person who hasn't lifted a finger to stop his supporters from making threats against participants in the legal system.

........and national sympathy for Don. But Trump would be mistaken to conflate national sympathy with national support. Because nothing about what happened in PA requires us to suspend our judgement on his actions or policies.

The attempt on his life does not erase his use of the trappings of power to install himself as the un-elected leader of the country. Nor does it erase the other crimes he committed and was indicted for. Though his judicial appointees are giving it their best. His moral degeneracy aside, POT policy positions on abortion, gun control, the environment, immigration, remain unpopular.

Unsurprisingly, Don has held to form and picked an unqualified running mate based on fidelity to him, not the constitutional order. If there is a single bedrock feature of his time in politics it is his emphasis on loyalty over competence. The Vance pick is a continuation of that theme.

If the goal now is to get past this fractious time in our history and try to be a more unified country for the good of us all, who in your heart of hearts do you think can be a more unifying figure? I would suggest it is not the person who has promised to seek revenge on those who sought to hold him accountable for his many crimes. Not the person who has viciously attacked them on social media. And not the person who hasn't lifted a finger to stop his supporters from making threats against participants in the legal system.
Sure...sure....whatever you say sport...whatever you say :auiqs.jpg:

If the goal now is to get past this fractious time in our history and try to be a more unified country for the good of us all, who in your heart of hearts do you think can be a more unifying figure? I would suggest it is not the person who has promised to seek revenge on those who sought to hold him accountable for his many crimes. Not the person who has attacked them on social media. And not the person who hasn't lifted a finger to stop his supporters from making threats against participants in the legal system.
I can understand and agree, it requires National condemnation and National reflection, but in your first sentence, you suggested National sympathathy. You never stated why, and I cxeertainly do not see why he needs any sympathy. He is having a great day, and his campaign said he is doing fine. He got to name a guy for VP running mate that compared him to Hitler, called him a fraud in business and thought trump might be guilty of sexual assault. Are you possibly saying he deserves sympathy, because very few known republicans have not said the same thing, and he had nobody else to choose from. Vance is smart, if weak of spirit, and apparently Donny thinks Vance would have no problem helping overthrow an election, where his last VP maintained allegiance to the country and the Constitution of the United States.

You don't believe Trump is Hitler?

If he was Hitler, shouldn't someone assassinate him?

I can understand and agree, it requires National condemnation and National reflection, but in your first sentence, you suggested National sympathathy. You never stated why, and I cxeertainly do not see why he needs any sympathy. He is having a great day, and his campaign said he is doing fine. He got to name a guy for VP running mate that compared him to Hitler, called him a fraud in business and thought trump might be guilty of sexual assault. Are you possibly saying he deserves sympathy, because very few known republicans have not said the same thing, and he had nobody else to choose from. Vance is smart, if weak of spirit, and apparently Donny thinks Vance would have no problem helping overthrow an election, where his last VP maintained allegiance to the country and the Constitution of the United States.
Unlike you, Vance looked at the evidence, and concluded it was all bullshit.

I can understand and agree, it requires National condemnation and National reflection, but in your first sentence, you suggested National sympathathy. You never stated why, and I cxeertainly do not see why he needs any sympathy.
No one deserves to have their life put at risk due to running for office. He was shot at and grazed by a bullet. I feel badly he had to go through that.

That's a political judgement, not one based on the facts. He said what he had to say to get nominated.

I actually have looked at the evidence to the extent any private citizen can. I looked at the indictments, public reporting, and listened to testimonial evidence. It is, quite simply, overwhelmingly indicative of Trump's guilt.

The evidences was trump having a fat ass, ripe for kissing. A jury found him liable on sexual assault. Another found him guilty of 24 counts of fraudulent business practices, and it is old news, he ripped off the children's charity he ran, to the point him and his family are not allowed to run charities, anymore, as he cannot be trusted. Vance was right, before Vance sold out.

That's a political judgement, not one based on the facts. He said what he had to say to get nominated.

I actually have looked at the evidence to the extent any private citizen can. I looked at the indictments, public reporting, and listened to testimonial evidence. It is, quite simply, overwhelmingly indicative of Trump's guilt.
No, it is based on the facts. The crap you twits have accused Trump of have been proven to be lies.

I feel badly he had to go through that.
Bullshit.jpg

The evidences was trump having a fat ass, ripe for kissing. A jury found him liable on sexual assault. Another found him guilty of 24 counts of fraudulent business practices, and it is old news, he ripped off the children's charity he ran, to the point him and his family are not allowed to run charities, anymore, as he cannot be trusted. Vance was right, before Vance sold out.

Show some respect... that's your next President you're talking about.

No, they found him liable for defamation you ignorant twat. The woman has rape fantasies so bad that Cooper had to cut her off mid interview, there was zero evidence that the two of them were ever in the same building, much less a room, she couldn't recall a day, a time, a specific location.

In other words, the bitch lied. And brainless assholes, like you, lapped it up because you're stupid, dishonest, and hate Trump.

No one deserves to have their life put at risk due to running for office. He was shot at and grazed by a bullet. I feel badly he had to go through that.
I agree with your first two sentences, completely. If it makes you feel better, I am sorry about his ear. He needs no sympathy for anything, though. It is not like he was critically injured. He gave a fist raise to show he was alright, and his campaign almost immediately confirmed he was alright. You can probably see him tonight at his coronation convention.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I agree with your first two sentences, completely. If it makes you feel better, I am sorry about his ear. He needs no sympathy for anything, though. It is not like he was critically injured. He gave a fist raise to show he was alright, and his campaign almost immediately confirmed he was alright. You can probably see him tonight at his coronation convention.
I bet that really pisses you off, don't it.

Show some respect... that's your next President you're talking about.
It is pretty rare for him to show respect to anybody. I am not in uniform, anymore. It is not required of me, as I have no respect for the guy.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It is pretty rare for him to show respect to anybody. I am not in uniform, anymore. It is not required of me, as I have no respect for the guy.

We all saluted officers we didn't like.

Salute the rank, not the man.

You don't get rank any higher than CinC.

Is there anyone who doesn't condemn the attempted assassination of the former president? It's possible (likely?) that the "trappings of power" inherent in the democrat party and the Biden administration led to the attempted assassination of a political rival.

Forum List

Back