The Best Commencement Address Ever!

Obamacare goes much farther in cost savings, limits on profit, low cost clinics, care guidelines (against torts), etc.That you don't get told about on the Pub Propganda Machine.

"... limits on profit..."
Only a fool or a totalitarian would think that that phrase has any import....

Well, you certainly fill the bill on both counts...

"You may, for instance, think that you have a right to health care. After all, President Obama said so, didn’t he? But you cannot receive health-care unless some doctor or health practitioner surrenders some of his time – his life – to you. He may be willing to do this for compensation, but that’s his choice. You have no “right” to his time or property. You have no right to his or any other person’s life or to any portion thereof."
Boortz, Op. Cit.

Ouch! Another torpedo into Franco's ship!

Odd how Statists think they're entitled to the property and sweat-equity of other Amervicans just because they were born here.

was Frankie born here?.......i always thought Frankie was from Outer Slobovia....

The health of the nation's people is a vital national interest. Since that is irrefutable, then it is irrefutable that the government has not only the right, but the obligation, to involve itself with healthcare wherever healthcare is lacking.
then this Government would have been better off trying to help those millions who dont have Ins. for right now......its easier to help 20-30 million than 300 million....much easier to pay for too....

1. … you can bet your tassels…[y]ou may not like much of what I have to say, and that’s fine. You will remember it though. Especially after about 10 years out there in the real world. This, it goes without saying, does not apply to those of you who will seek your careers and your fortunes as government employees.

So, is he saying that those that work for the govt will either like much of what he has to say or just forget it after 10 yrs?

2. Now, I realize that most of you consider yourselves Liberals. In fact, you are probably very proud of your liberal views. You care so much. You feel so much. You want to help so much. After all, you’re a compassionate and caring person, aren’t you now? Well, isn’t that just so extraordinarily special. Now, at this age, is as good a time as any to be a liberal; as good a time as any to know absolutely everything. You have plenty of time, starting tomorrow, for the truth to set in.

What is this truth? That one shouldn't care, feel compassion?

3. So here are the first assignments for your initial class in reality: Pay attention to the news, read newspapers, and listen to the words and phrases that proud Liberals use to promote their causes. Then, compare the words of the left to the words and phrases you hear from those evil, heartless, greedy conservatives.

a. From the Left you will hear “I feel.” From the Right you will hear “I think.” From the Liberals you will hear references to groups — The Blacks, the Poor, the Rich, the Disadvantaged, the Less Fortunate. From the Right you will hear references to individuals. On the Left you hear talk of group rights; on the Right, individual rights. That about sums it up, really: Liberals feel. Liberals care. They are pack animals whose identity is tied up in group dynamics. Conservatives think — and, setting aside the theocracy crowd, their identity is centered on the individual.

Dude, the theocracy crowd owns the right. And what they feel is anger generated by fear. Last I heard, humans were pack animals. Isn't the worst punishment solitary confinement?

4. Liberals feel that their favored groups have enforceable rights to the property and services of productive individuals. Conservatives, I among them I might add, think that individuals have the right to protect their lives and their property from the plunder of the masses. In college you developed a group mentality, but if you look closely at your diplomas you will see that they have your individual names on them. Not the name of your school mascot, or of your fraternity or sorority, but your name. Your group identity is going away. Your recognition and appreciation of your individual identity starts now.

a. If, by the time you reach the age of 30, you do not consider yourself to be a conservative, rush right back here as quickly as you can and apply for a faculty position. These people will welcome you with open arms. They will welcome you, that is, so long as you haven’t developed an individual identity.

The individual certainly has the right to protect his life and property. That doesn't mean the individual can renege on the social contract. If he/she is unhappy with the social contract of his/her current country of residence, a new contract may be tendered to another society.

5. Soon, you are going to get a full time job. You’re also going to get a lifelong work partner. This partner isn’t going to help you do your job. This partner is just going to sit back and wait for payday. This partner doesn’t want to share in your effort, but in your earnings.

a. Your new lifelong partner is actually an agent; an agent representing a strange and diverse group of people; an agent for every teenager with an illegitimate child; an agent for a research scientist who wanted to make some cash answering the age-old question of why monkeys grind their teeth. An agent for some poor demented hippie who considers herself to be a meaningful and talented artist, but who just can’t manage to sell any of her artwork on the open market.

b. As you become successful it will seize about 40% of everything you earn. And no, I’m sorry, there just isn’t any way you can fire this agent of plunder,…

Keep in mind this agent also provides the only means to enforce your contract with others, be your advocate when encountering fraud or violence and your only protection against other societies that would be quite willing to deprive you of you life and 100% of your property. This agent will also support you when you go through periods less successful, or economic or physical upheaval. You may want to weigh the pros and cons carefully before selecting another agent.

6. …here are some ideas you need to expunge as soon as possible. These ideas may work well in academic environment, but they fail miserably out there in the real world.

a. Diversity! You have been taught that the real value of any group of people …is based on diversity. This is a favored liberal ideal because diversity is based not on an individuals abilities or character, but on a person’s identity and status as a member of a group….No matter what your professors have taught you over the last four years, you are about to learn that diversity is absolutely no replacement for excellence, ability, and individual hard work.

b. Now, “rights.” We have witnessed an obscene explosion of so-called “rights” in the last few decades, usually emanating from college campuses…. Forget those rights! I’ll tell you what your rights are. You have a right to live free, and to the results of 60% -75% of your labor. I’ll also tell you have no right to any portion of the life or labor of another….The people who have been telling you about all the rights you have are simply exercising one of theirs – the right to be imbeciles. Their being imbeciles didn’t cost anyone else either property or time. It’s their right, and they exercise it brilliantly.

Does Boortz believe he is the grantor of rights? Does he misunderstand, somehow, that diversity is about reducing exclusion rather than guaranteeing inclusion of incompetence? The value of a group increases with diversity, it's not the sole source of value.

7. Now for the “less fortunate.” To imply that one person is homeless, destitute, dirty, drunk, spaced out on drugs, unemployable, and generally miserable because he is “less fortunate” is to imply that a successful person – one with a job, a home and a future – is in that position because he or she was “fortunate.” The dictionary says that fortunate means “having derived good from an unexpected place.” There is nothing unexpected about deriving good from hard work. There is also nothing unexpected about deriving misery from choosing drugs, alcohol, and the street.

a. If the Liberal Left can create the common perception that success and failure are simple matters of “fortune” or “luck,” then it is easy to promote and justify their various income redistribution schemes. …It’s not luck, my friends. It’s choice. One of the greatest lessons I ever learned was in a book by Og Mandino, entitled, “The Greatest Secret in the World.” The lesson? Very simple: “Use wisely your power of choice.”

b. Envy is a powerful emotion. …Politicians use envy to get votes and power. And they keep that power by promising the envious that the envied will be punished: “The rich will pay their fair share of taxes if I have anything to do with it.” The truth is that the top 10% of income earners in this country pays almost 50% of all income taxes collected.

c. Speaking of earning, the revered 40-hour workweek is for losers. Forty hours should be considered the minimum, not the maximum. You don’t see highly successful people clocking out of the office every afternoon at five. The losers are the ones caught up in that afternoon rush hour.

What an enormous failure to recognize that the largest percentage of homeless are mentally ill and will never be employable. And that good mental and physical health are indeed matters of luck. I'm guessing this last wave of people losing their homes and jobs was due to their individual poor choices and not the result of decisions made by outside forces. That they were offered a choice to keep their job and move to China or lose it to stay in the States. The top 10% are the most expensive citizens to have. They still haven't paid for the last war or the infrastructure they use to operate their fiefdoms nor have they made an equitable share of the increases in productivity with labor. And yeah, screw the losers that had those pesky children that continue our society that they have to rush home to at 5, or take off for when they get sick or god forbid, a school play or graduation.

Neal Boortz posted this on his on his website...I wish he had given it...it's a home run!!!

1. … you can bet your tassels…[y]ou may not like much of what I have to say, and that’s fine. You will remember it though. Especially after about 10 years out there in the real world. This, it goes without saying, does not apply to those of you who will seek your careers and your fortunes as government employees.

2. Now, I realize that most of you consider yourselves Liberals. In fact, you are probably very proud of your liberal views. You care so much. You feel so much. You want to help so much. After all, you’re a compassionate and caring person, aren’t you now? Well, isn’t that just so extraordinarily special. Now, at this age, is as good a time as any to be a liberal; as good a time as any to know absolutely everything. You have plenty of time, starting tomorrow, for the truth to set in.

3. So here are the first assignments for your initial class in reality: Pay attention to the news, read newspapers, and listen to the words and phrases that proud Liberals use to promote their causes. Then, compare the words of the left to the words and phrases you hear from those evil, heartless, greedy conservatives.

a. From the Left you will hear “I feel.” From the Right you will hear “I think.” From the Liberals you will hear references to groups — The Blacks, the Poor, the Rich, the Disadvantaged, the Less Fortunate. From the Right you will hear references to individuals. On the Left you hear talk of group rights; on the Right, individual rights. That about sums it up, really: Liberals feel. Liberals care. They are pack animals whose identity is tied up in group dynamics. Conservatives think — and, setting aside the theocracy crowd, their identity is centered on the individual.

4. Liberals feel that their favored groups have enforceable rights to the property and services of productive individuals. Conservatives, I among them I might add, think that individuals have the right to protect their lives and their property from the plunder of the masses. In college you developed a group mentality, but if you look closely at your diplomas you will see that they have your individual names on them. Not the name of your school mascot, or of your fraternity or sorority, but your name. Your group identity is going away. Your recognition and appreciation of your individual identity starts now.

a. If, by the time you reach the age of 30, you do not consider yourself to be a conservative, rush right back here as quickly as you can and apply for a faculty position. These people will welcome you with open arms. They will welcome you, that is, so long as you haven’t developed an individual identity.

5. Soon, you are going to get a full time job. You’re also going to get a lifelong work partner. This partner isn’t going to help you do your job. This partner is just going to sit back and wait for payday. This partner doesn’t want to share in your effort, but in your earnings.

a. Your new lifelong partner is actually an agent; an agent representing a strange and diverse group of people; an agent for every teenager with an illegitimate child; an agent for a research scientist who wanted to make some cash answering the age-old question of why monkeys grind their teeth. An agent for some poor demented hippie who considers herself to be a meaningful and talented artist, but who just can’t manage to sell any of her artwork on the open market.

b. As you become successful it will seize about 40% of everything you earn. And no, I’m sorry, there just isn’t any way you can fire this agent of plunder,…

6. …here are some ideas you need to expunge as soon as possible. These ideas may work well in academic environment, but they fail miserably out there in the real world.
a. Diversity! You have been taught that the real value of any group of people …is based on diversity. This is a favored liberal ideal because diversity is based not on an individuals abilities or character, but on a person’s identity and status as a member of a group….No matter what your professors have taught you over the last four years, you are about to learn that diversity is absolutely no replacement for excellence, ability, and individual hard work.

b. Now, “rights.” We have witnessed an obscene explosion of so-called “rights” in the last few decades, usually emanating from college campuses…. Forget those rights! I’ll tell you what your rights are. You have a right to live free, and to the results of 60% -75% of your labor. I’ll also tell you have no right to any portion of the life or labor of another….The people who have been telling you about all the rights you have are simply exercising one of theirs – the right to be imbeciles. Their being imbeciles didn’t cost anyone else either property or time. It’s their right, and they exercise it brilliantly.

7. Now for the “less fortunate.” To imply that one person is homeless, destitute, dirty, drunk, spaced out on drugs, unemployable, and generally miserable because he is “less fortunate” is to imply that a successful person – one with a job, a home and a future – is in that position because he or she was “fortunate.” The dictionary says that fortunate means “having derived good from an unexpected place.” There is nothing unexpected about deriving good from hard work. There is also nothing unexpected about deriving misery from choosing drugs, alcohol, and the street.

a. If the Liberal Left can create the common perception that success and failure are simple matters of “fortune” or “luck,” then it is easy to promote and justify their various income redistribution schemes. …It’s not luck, my friends. It’s choice. One of the greatest lessons I ever learned was in a book by Og Mandino, entitled, “The Greatest Secret in the World.” The lesson? Very simple: “Use wisely your power of choice.”

b. Envy is a powerful emotion. …Politicians use envy to get votes and power. And they keep that power by promising the envious that the envied will be punished: “The rich will pay their fair share of taxes if I have anything to do with it.” The truth is that the top 10% of income earners in this country pays almost 50% of all income taxes collected.

c. Speaking of earning, the revered 40-hour workweek is for losers. Forty hours should be considered the minimum, not the maximum. You don’t see highly successful people clocking out of the office every afternoon at five. The losers are the ones caught up in that afternoon rush hour. The winners drive home in the dark.
Texas A&M Commencement Address – The students gave a standing ovation; the faculty were deathly silent! « The Ghostfighters

Your definition of a highly successful person, not mine. Many of those losers this guy is talking about are home at 530 coaching there sons or daughters little league team. They invest there time in their family which provides far more riches than any paycheck can provide. You take your 70 hour workweeks and have fun. I will be taking my family on vacation and twenty years after your dead and gone, no one at the corporation you worked at will remember how hard you worked or even who you were, but my sons and daughters will always have the memory of a father that was there for them.
Wow, a lot of assumptions there on your part. I work long hours. I take vacations, and spend time with the family. I also teach charity, giving of ones time, helping those less fortunate, all while working for that company that you allegedly think doesn't care. Because your are right about one thing. They don't care, but then, neither do I. I have a professional relationship with My employer. We both understand what it is we want from each other and persue those objectives.

Swing and a miss.

Last edited:
For those of you who missed if, lol, Boortz never really gave that speech.

That is quite a gift you have there: the ability to discover what has already been discovered!
Bravo!

1. The first line of the OP:
"Neal Boortz posted this on his on his website...I wish he had given it...it's a home run!!!"

2. As this next question is substantive, it may be beyond your gifts:

What does your post have to do with the truths in the speech?

There's reason I said 'FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MISSED IT", because I knew if I didn't, I'd have to hear some annoying shit from you.

Apparently, not even that precaution was sufficient.

The speech is nothing more than a fat big mouth loser flailing away at a bunch of strawmen he's constructed.

Last edited:

So, is he saying that those that work for the govt will either like much of what he has to say or just forget it after 10 yrs?

What is this truth? That one shouldn't care, feel compassion?

Dude, the theocracy crowd owns the right. And what they feel is anger generated by fear. Last I heard, humans were pack animals. Isn't the worst punishment solitary confinement?

The individual certainly has the right to protect his life and property. That doesn't mean the individual can renege on the social contract. If he/she is unhappy with the social contract of his/her current country of residence, a new contract may be tendered to another society.

Keep in mind this agent also provides the only means to enforce your contract with others, be your advocate when encountering fraud or violence and your only protection against other societies that would be quite willing to deprive you of you life and 100% of your property. This agent will also support you when you go through periods less successful, or economic or physical upheaval. You may want to weigh the pros and cons carefully before selecting another agent.

Does Boortz believe he is the grantor of rights? Does he misunderstand, somehow, that diversity is about reducing exclusion rather than guaranteeing inclusion of incompetence? The value of a group increases with diversity, it's not the sole source of value.

c. Speaking of earning, the revered 40-hour workweek is for losers. Forty hours should be considered the minimum, not the maximum. You don’t see highly successful people clocking out of the office every afternoon at five. The losers are the ones caught up in that afternoon rush hour.

What an enormous failure to recognize that the largest percentage of homeless are mentally ill and will never be employable. And that good mental and physical health are indeed matters of luck. I'm guessing this last wave of people losing their homes and jobs was due to their individual poor choices and not the result of decisions made by outside forces. That they were offered a choice to keep their job and move to China or lose it to stay in the States. The top 10% are the most expensive citizens to have. They still haven't paid for the last war or the infrastructure they use to operate their fiefdoms nor have they made an equitable share of the increases in productivity with labor. And yeah, screw the losers that had those pesky children that continue our society that they have to rush home to at 5, or take off for when they get sick or god forbid, a school play or graduation.

…fecal blizzard…on the way:

1. "That one shouldn't care, feel compassion?"
Why is it compassion to pay for same with other people's money?
Bet you didn't know that conservatives earn less than liberals, yet consistently give more charity.

2."... the theocracy crowd owns the right."
Bet you didn't know that it was Jimmy Carter who brought evangelicals into the political process.
Or...did you think he was on the Right?

Clearly you have Van Gogh's ear for politics.

3. "...the individual can renege on the social contract."

a. You've inadvertently exposed another lacunae in your knowledge.

As usual for Liberals, you throw in terms about which you have no understanding....

" In fact, Rousseau has been called the precursor of the modern pseudo-democrats such as Stalin and Hitler and the "people's democracies."
French Revolution - Robespierre, and the Legacy of the Reign of Terror

If one did not agree with Rousseau's view of a 'social contract,' the punishment was death.

"Robespierre used Rousseau’s call for a “reign of virtue,’ proclaiming the Republic of Virtue, his euphemism for The Terror. In ‘The Social Contract’ Rousseau advocated death for anyone who did not uphold the common values of the community: the totalitarian view of reshaping of humanity, echoed in communism, Nazism, progressivism. Robespierre: “the necessity of bringing about a complete regeneration and, if I may express myself so, of creating a new people.”
Himmefarb, , “The Roads to Modernity,” p. 167-68.

Visit a library...pick up a book....

4. "Keep in mind this agent also provides the only means to enforce your contract with others,..."

OMG...are you dumb....perhaps merely uneducated.
Of course, that doesn't prevent firmly held beliefs....

The New Deal Supreme Court decision, HOME BUILDING & LOAN ASS'N v. BLAISDELL et ux.s, threw out any obligation of government to enforce the sanctity of contracts.
Does Obama have a right to shortchange bondholders at Chrysler? Order banks to renegotiate loans?

5. "Does Boortz believe he is the grantor of rights?"
Dunce, he is a conservative....God is the grantor of rights. Government, the grantor of entitlements.

'Diversity' is a vote-getting mechanism used by the Left.
Of course, you bought it like it was on sale.

6." The top 10% are the most expensive citizens to have."
I can't decide which is your stupidest comment....the top 10% pay over 70% of all federal income taxes....National Taxpayers Union - Who Pays Income Taxes?

But I am pleased to have one as ignorant as your are participate, and thereby inform the definition of a Liberal.

Thank you for providing ....what to call it..…simian gabble…

For those of you who missed if, lol, Boortz never really gave that speech.

That is quite a gift you have there: the ability to discover what has already been discovered!
Bravo!

"Neal Boortz posted this on his on his website...I wish he had given it...it's a home run!!!"

There's reason I said 'FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MISSED IT", because I knew if I didn't, I'd have to hear some annoying shit from you.

Apparently, not even that precaution was sufficient.

The speech is nothing more than a fat big mouth loser flailing away at a bunch of strawmen he's constructed.

1. There's reason I said 'FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MISSED IT",
So you thought you were brighter than other readers????

Do you do stand-up?

2. "The speech is nothing more than a fat big mouth loser..."
Looks like your prove me prescient once again...

you can find no errors in the speech, so you sink to your usual ad hominem post.

Dismissed.

Bravo!

Mr. Boortz wrote it as a protest of his never having been invited to deliver a commencement speech, despite decades of hosting radio talk shows. As he says, "The final straw was when Kermit the Frog got an invitation from a Northeast college."
snopes.com: Neal Boortz Commencement Speech

Looks like old Neil was FEELING sorry for himself.

OK....I know you feel left out, BoringFriendlessGuy....(that is your destiny, isn't it?)...but take a crack at it:

"As this next question is substantive, it may be beyond your gifts:

What does your post have to do with the truths in the speech?"

Poor Neil, so much hate to spew and no one willing to listen.

The truth is liberalism is based on pragmatism which involves thinking. Conservatism is based on FEAR and hate...'feelings'.

Maybe Neil could give his rant at a military college, but all that 'individualism' will have to be submerged as the recruits enter the most collective and NON-individualist environment is our society. They must first be taught to be subservient to the state, and learn how to extinguish the life of another human being as the government deems necessary.

Here is some wisdom from a REAL speech given to college students...

"There is inherited wealth in this country and also inherited poverty. And unless the graduates of this college and other colleges like it who are given a running start in life--unless they are willing to put back into our society, those talents, the broad sympathy, the understanding, the compassion--unless they are willing to put those qualities back into the service of the Great Republic, then obviously the presuppositions upon which our democracy are based are bound to be fallible."

Remarks at Amherst College
President John F. Kennedy
Amherst, Massachusetts
October 26, 1963

Mr. Boortz wrote it as a protest of his never having been invited to deliver a commencement speech, despite decades of hosting radio talk shows. As he says, "The final straw was when Kermit the Frog got an invitation from a Northeast college."
snopes.com: Neal Boortz Commencement Speech

Looks like old Neil was FEELING sorry for himself.

OK....I know you feel left out, BoringFriendlessGuy....(that is your destiny, isn't it?)...but take a crack at it:

"As this next question is substantive, it may be beyond your gifts:

What does your post have to do with the truths in the speech?"

Poor Neil, so much hate to spew and no one willing to listen.

The truth is liberalism is based on pragmatism which involves thinking. Conservatism is based on FEAR and hate...'feelings'.

Maybe Neil could give his rant at a military college, but all that 'individualism' will have to be submerged as the recruits enter the most collective and NON-individualist environment is our society. They must first be taught to be subservient to the state, and learn how to extinguish the life of another human being as the government deems necessary.

Here is some wisdom from a REAL speech given to college students...

"There is inherited wealth in this country and also inherited poverty. And unless the graduates of this college and other colleges like it who are given a running start in life--unless they are willing to put back into our society, those talents, the broad sympathy, the understanding, the compassion--unless they are willing to put those qualities back into the service of the Great Republic, then obviously the presuppositions upon which our democracy are based are bound to be fallible."

Remarks at Amherst College
President John F. Kennedy
Amherst, Massachusetts
October 26, 1963

NO ONE LISTENS Gracie?

Go look at the ratings BuFU.

YOU are just jealous.

Dutch opined"

"Police officers, fireman, and teachers are never going to get rich doing their jobs. Are they losers because because attaining more money is not their reason for living?"

Yes, they are getting rich, because they are in a union, because they feel they need to be.

Yes, they are losers, because being union members they prove that they can't speak for themselves, due to their timidity or stupidity. And, of course, lack of self-respect.

Yup, too bad for the 45k who die without care a year, the 750k who go bankrupt- it's great health care costs doubled under BOOSH, so 18% of GDP is health care, DOUBLE the countries where people live longer. Change the channel, you pompous ASS. LOL

Poor workers go without, end up in ridiculously expensive ER care, so many lose everything and go or stay on welfare to get Medicaid. Brilliant.

One who drives without Auto Insurance and gets into a serious accident can get financially wiped out just as fast as one who gambles on not getting health insurance.

The health of the nation's people is a vital national interest. Since that is irrefutable, then it is irrefutable that the government has not only the right, but the obligation, to involve itself with healthcare wherever healthcare is lacking.

Hypothetically, does the government have the right to force a physician to treat a patient for free? No compensation? If the health of the nations people is vital enough that the government has a right to involve itself, what limits would 'you' place on that involvement?

Forum List

Back