The Biggest Lie wasn't "Like your doctor, keep your doctor".

Yes I was laid off and tossed the information about Cobra in the trash because when I am trying to find a job I don't give a shit about health insurance

Okay, now we're making progress. Did you have health insurance when you were working?

Yes I did and it only for 30 days after the job ends

Yes I was laid off and tossed the information about Cobra in the trash because when I am trying to find a job I don't give a shit about health insurance

Okay, now we're making progress. Did you have health insurance when you were working?

Yes I did and it only for 30 days after the job ends

I hear you. Let me see if I can find some information on what you can do until you find another job.

I said If I am unemployed I don't need health insurance

Being unemployed will magically protect you from accidents? Fascinating.

When you have less money coming in you cannot worry about health insurance

Only

rent
food
bills

Granted, you shouldn't have to decide between food and health insurance, a decision millions of working Americans had to make prior to passage of the PPACA.

I wish you luck in finding work and, once you do, if your employer doesn't offer insurance, I hope you'll check this out:

Texas Health Insurance Marketplace
(I'm assuming from your avatar that you live in Texas.)

Only

rent
food
bills

Granted, you shouldn't have to decide between food and health insurance, a decision millions of working Americans had to make prior to passage of the PPACA.

I wish you luck in finding work and, once you do, if your employer doesn't offer insurance, I hope you'll check this out:

All this confirms that Obama is the stupidest fucking president of all time

Only

rent
food
bills

Because you're unemployed?

Only

rent
food
bills

That and he wants the working poor to have NO MONEY

Only

rent
food
bills

So it's his fault you're unemployed?

No wonder you're confused about the rest.

Only

rent
food
bills

Under Bush

2000-2008..............No layoffs

Under Bush

What kind of work do you do?

Under Bush

Non-profit, same as 200-2008

Under Bush

Non-profit, same as 200-2008

I got curious and did some investigating, and found this: https://www.guidestar.org/ViewCmsFile.aspx?ContentID=3909 and I see what you mean.

When you stop and think about it, one of the first things the recession of '08 would have affected was people's expendable income to donate to nonprofits.

Which leads one to wonder how long it took for the nonprofit sector to recover. For that, I found this: Economic Stimulation and the Nonprofit Sector

Unlike banks, many philanthropic foundations and public charities have mission statements and objectives that align with the Federal Reserve’s objective of maximizing employment. This makes the nonprofit sector an ideal partner for the Fed. It seems to be within reason that the Federal Reserve could establish a new quantitative easing mechanism that injects capital into the nonprofit sector in such a way that stimulates economic growth in key areas. This could easily drive the unemployment level to an unprecedented low.

The latest round of quantitative easing (QE3) started in September 2012 at a rate of $40 billion per month and peaked in 2014 at a rate of $85 billion per month. At a rate of $40 billion per month, a year of quantitative easing channeled through the nonprofit sector would effectively double the sector’s operating budget. Likewise, at a rate of $85 billion per month, a year of quantitative easing channeled through the nonprofit sector would roughly quadruple the sector’s operating budget. To put those numbers in perspective, $40 billion is about 10 times bigger than the Gates Foundation’s annual giving. It’s almost as big as the Gates Foundation’s endowment ($42 billion).

As our global challenges continue to grow, the role of the Federal Reserve in addressing those challenges will also grow. And, as the Federal Reserve considers the next round of quantitative easing, it should also consider new mechanisms that utilize the superior mission alignment within the nonprofit sector. The Federal Reserve remains one of the most powerful organizations on the planet. However, the Fed’s effectiveness is yet to be determined.

Not sure what all that has to do with either Bush or Obama, but if you want to blame presidents, blame Bill Clinton for replacing Glass-Steagall with Gramm-Leach-Bliley.

Then ask yourself how long it would have taken the nonprofit sector to recover - if at all - absent the bank bailout.

Or, on a practical level, ask yourself if there's other work you can look for where a nonprofit background would be helpful.

Going to the doctor is not fun. I just do it because it;s necessary

Agreed on both counts. What's even less fun is having to go to the doctor and having him run a slew of tests you can't afford. Worse is being diagnosed with something that will be expensive to treat and not being able to afford that. The PPACA makes it possible for more people afford to (A) see a doctor and be screened for common conditions and (B) pay for any treatment they need.

I personally experienced my premiums going up and many hospitals and doctors refusing my health care plan.

If your premiums have gone up, you need to contact your insurer and find out why. if they can't or won't answer you, you need to find another insurer.

As for "many hospitals and doctors" refusing your health care plan, that's also a function of the insurer. Have you asked them why? When you say "many," how many are you talking about?

You honestly need to ASK why premiums are going up for those not getting large subsidies? You're a true Kool Aid drinker, Arian! Let me spell it out for you...you can't insure millions of poor people and people with expensive pre-existing conditions unless someone pays for it. The people who WILL pay the bulk of those premium increases will be the Middle Class. Anyone with a dollop of common sense and eighth grade math skills knew that all along.

Agreed on both counts. What's even less fun is having to go to the doctor and having him run a slew of tests you can't afford. Worse is being diagnosed with something that will be expensive to treat and not being able to afford that. The PPACA makes it possible for more people afford to (A) see a doctor and be screened for common conditions and (B) pay for any treatment they need.

I personally experienced my premiums going up and many hospitals and doctors refusing my health care plan.

If your premiums have gone up, you need to contact your insurer and find out why. if they can't or won't answer you, you need to find another insurer.

As for "many hospitals and doctors" refusing your health care plan, that's also a function of the insurer. Have you asked them why? When you say "many," how many are you talking about?

You honestly need to ASK why premiums are going up for those not getting large subsidies?

I didn't ask. I said the solution was often to either change insurers or change tiers within an insurer. People who've never had to shop for their own insurance before are often not clear on what their options are.

The very fact that some here post things like "Obamacare doesn't work...my doctor won't accept it...I've got it but I get the cheap stuff" suggests they still think it's an insurance company.

Others are somewhat better informed, but unable or unwilling to look for alternatives to their current insurer.

You honestly need to ASK why premiums are going up for those not getting large subsidies?

I didn't ask. I said the solution was often to either change insurers or change tiers within an insurer. People who've never had to shop for their own insurance before are often not clear on what their options are.

The very fact that some here post things like "Obamacare doesn't work...my doctor won't accept it...I've got it but I get the cheap stuff" suggests they still think it's an insurance company.

Others are somewhat better informed, but unable or unwilling to look for alternatives to their current insurer.

Ah, so your answer is to change tiers? You're kidding right? That means that the Middle Class will have "bronze" plans with huge deductibles and only go to the doctors in case of an emergency.

You haven't figured it out yet have you...there are going to be doctors and hospitals who DON'T accept ObamaCare and those doctors and hospitals will be full of the wealthy who can afford private and expensive plans. The hospitals that DO accept ObamaCare will have waiting lines to get care as the poor take full advantage of their highly subsidized healthcare plans. The Middle Class? They are going to be caught in the middle.

Ah, so your answer is to change tiers? You're kidding right? That means that the Middle Class will have "bronze" plans with huge deductibles and only go to the doctors in case of an emergency.

Just the opposite. A lot of inexperienced consumers jumped at the bronze plans without looking at (or perhaps even understanding) the concomitant high deductibles.

Next time around some of them will be a little more selective.

Those who've had their employer do the research and the paperwork in the past now have to learn about the options themselves.

You haven't figured it out yet have you...there are going to be doctors and hospitals who DON'T accept ObamaCare and those doctors and hospitals will be full of the wealthy who can afford private and expensive plans. The hospitals that DO accept ObamaCare will have waiting lines to get care as the poor take full advantage of their highly subsidized healthcare plans. The Middle Class? They are going to be caught in the middle.

Don't accept which insurers? Your insurance ID card has the name of your insurer on it. It doesn't say "ObamaCare" on it. Your doctor doesn't know or care whether you got your Aetna or Blue Shield or whatever policy through the marketplaces or esurance or a private broker or through the insurer themselves.

"My doctor won't accept ObamaCare" is one of the sillier myths out of all the mythology surrounding this legislation.

I think you should cancel your internet service

Forum List

Back