When people marvel at the rise of Donald Trump, they forget the republican base, a base so partisan they believe wrong things on top of wrong things so long as the wrong things fall in line with their brainwashing. Any need to mention any? Nah, all you need to do is think for a moment or listen to their talk. You know the words.

Maine Welfare Reforms Have Led to Big Welfare Declines-Mostly Fiction!

What's wrong with Maine expecting adults to do for themselves or the ones for which they are responsible?

Our colleges are the best in the World...because they have to compete for students, and students get to choose where they go.......it is foolish to think that failed public schools can be fixed by letting the same people who ran them into the ground will fix them if we just trap the kids into going to them, and then give them more money.....

Again...school choice is not limited to private schools. It also includes choosing a better public school over a worse public school.

And it will be a spectacular success because if creates competition for the dollars. And competition always raises the bar and produces better results. That's why the communism you love fails - it eliminates competition which lowers the bar.

Guy, Greed isn't the answer to everything.

Milwaukee tried what you are talking about. What they got was a lot of fly-by-night get rich quick schemes that left the kids with no education.

This is the problem with privatizing public services for profit. You get crap like Blackwater for the military or for profit prisons that just make matters worse.

It isn't greedy because you don't like the way things are done.

If you want to look at greedy, look at those that constantly demand someone else be forced to give up what they earned so it can be handed to the ones that didn't earn it. I can't be greedy for wanting to do with what I've earned what I want to do. However, someone thinking that even a penny taken from me to give to them is the epitome of greedy.

Our colleges are the best in the World...because they have to compete for students, and students get to choose where they go.......it is foolish to think that failed public schools can be fixed by letting the same people who ran them into the ground will fix them if we just trap the kids into going to them, and then give them more money.....

Our colleges aren't the best in the world, and they rely heavily on government subsidy.

If our colleges were the best in the world, why do we have to import so many STEM workers from India?

If you want to look at greedy, look at those that constantly demand someone else be forced to give up what they earned so it can be handed to the ones that didn't earn it. I can't be greedy for wanting to do with what I've earned what I want to do. However, someone thinking that even a penny taken from me to give to them is the epitome of greedy.

Guy, the problem is, as a wise man said, "You didn't build that".

You had the advantage of living in a society where someone else paid for your opportunities. Born on third base and thought you hit a triple.

Had you been born black and female in this society, you wouldn't have been so lucky.

Our colleges aren't the best in the world, and they rely heavily on government subsidy.

If our colleges were the best in the world, why do we have to import so many STEM workers from India?

Yes......government money......that the students can use at any college they want...that would be school vouchers....

Those STEM students come here to get educated.......

Yes......government money......that the students can use at any college they want...that would be school vouchers....

Those STEM students come here to get educated.......

Actually, no, most of them get their degrees in India. Trust me, I write their resumes.

I should also point out that those kids have to get good grades before they can get into the "college they want". So the colleges choose them as much as they choose the colleges.

Finally, half of college students don't get degrees! so holding up the college system as a model where you select the students and only half of them accomplish what you set out to do isn't that good of an idea to apply to elementary and high school. The schools will simply refuse to take vouchers from kids who have any kind of learning disability or disciplinary problem.

You see, the thing is, Parochial and Private schools work well because the parents ARE spending their own money. They are involved. Parents have a lot more to do with success of children in school than the teachers ever will.

Vouchers aren't going to fix that problem. They might even make it worse.

Guy, the problem is, as a wise man said, "You didn't build that".

You had the advantage of living in a society where someone else paid for your opportunities. Born on third base and thought you hit a triple.

Had you been born black and female in this society, you wouldn't have been so lucky.

Problem is you listen to retard who make such stupid claims.

Not only did I build it for myself, I'm expected to help build it for those you claim are always cheated because they aren't able to built it themselves.

Had I been born a black female, it would be more likely than not that I'd be a single mother with bastard children. I guess you think that 75% rate is the fault of white people.

Maybe the state school you went to. The private one from which I graduated didn't. That's why it was so expensive.

Not only did I build it for myself, I'm expected to help build it for those you claim are always cheated because they aren't able to built it themselves.

Except you didn't build it yourself. You got help from other people.

Had I been born a black female, it would be more likely than not that I'd be a single mother with bastard children. I guess you think that 75% rate is the fault of white people.

I think 400 years of racism has an effect, yes. Why don't you?

Except you didn't build it yourself. You got help from other people.

I think 400 years of racism has an effect, yes. Why don't you?

You'll need to define help.

Just to be clear, you're saying that a black tramp producing a bastard child is somehow the fault of white people?

Just to be clear, you're saying that a black tramp producing a bastard child is somehow the fault of white people?

Just to be clear, you are a racist POS and need help. Happy to have sorted that out for you.

Can't define help or answer a simple question posed to do? Just to be clear, you're just another retard. Hope you can figure out how to change it.

Get back to puckering up to Obama's black ass, boy. He's waiting.

Just to be clear, you are a racist POS and need help. Happy to have sorted that out for you.

Can't define help or answer a simple question posed to do? Just to be clear, you're just another retard. Hope you can figure out how to change it.

Get back to puckering up to Obama's black ass, boy. He's waiting.

YOur question starts out with a false premise, that just outs you as a racist.

Because we have so many lazy, mooching, parasite progressives...

Um. no. Probably has a lot more to do with the fact that we don't teach these things. When you write the science textbooks to appeal to the folks in Jesusland and you can't mention evolution because that might make baby Jesus cry, you aren't going to get very much in terms of science expertise.

Well, that's what happens when progressives take over something. They lower the bar every time.

But that's the issue, Poodle, who fucked up the colleges? Because the liberal progressives have been there for some time. When you have more education, you tend to be more progressive and open minded.

What ruined the colleges is when we decided as a society that 1) You couldn't get a good job without a bachelor's degree and 2) colleges became money making operations that young people would put themselves in debt to for life.

Give you an example. I went to UIC back in the 1980's. Back in the day, tuition was only about $1500 a year. That would be about $3400 in today's money. Today tuition at UIC is $13,000 a year.

Now, why is this relevant? Because when they first built UIC, the rational was to have a college campus that was accessible geographically and economically to inner city youth.

Today, African American enrollment at UIC is 7.9% of the student body.

Give you an example. I went to UIC back in the 1980's. Back in the day, tuition was only about $1500 a year. That would be about $3400 in today's money. Today tuition at UIC is $13,000 a year.
Exactly. Progressives got involved - demanded government throw unlimited money at it, and the costs skyrocketed (because the colleges know the sky is the limit). You dummies are doing the exact same thing to healthcare now.

Here's a basic lesson in economics for you, chief. It illustrates exactly what happened.

Forum List

Back