You still pushing this lie? lol, behold another of the Ineducables.
So you're calling the government "liars"? They have the data reality-denier. I know it's hard for you when the facts don't align with everything you were duped into believing but it doesn't change the facts.

So you're calling the government "liars"? They have the data reality-denier. I know it's hard for you when the facts don't align with everything you were duped into believing but it doesn't change the facts.

I'm calling you stupid. It was already explained to you. They did not reduce Maine food stamp recipients by 80%

I'm calling you stupid. It was already explained to you. They did not reduce Maine food stamp recipients by 80%
Yes, they really did, reality denier. If only you could do basic math, you would realize that they absolutely reduced the recipients by 80%.

Yes, they really did, reality denier. If only you could do basic math, you would realize that they absolutely reduced the recipients by 80%.

I did the math. In 2014 there were 209,000 Maine residents on food stamps.

SNAP Benefits Recipients in Maine

If you are correct, then there should only be 42,000 Maine residents now on food stamps.

Prove it and I'll stand corrected.

Repeal the 17th amendment, let states deal with their social issues, education, healthcare as they see fit. In that manner, if one system fails in one state, the others will be unaffected. States will learn from watching 50 different systems which systems are effective.
As we do business across state lines every day, can you see where it could cause major problems?

Repeal the 17th amendment, let states deal with their social issues, education, healthcare as they see fit. In that manner, if one system fails in one state, the others will be unaffected. States will learn from watching 50 different systems which systems are effective.
As we do business across state lines every day, can you see where it could cause major problems?

Problems/ issues are going to be inherent in any system. What problems do you for see?

If you are correct, then there should only be 42,000 Maine residents now on food stamps. Prove it and I'll stand corrected.
You just admitted you lied. You don't know the current number of residents on food stamps. Therefore, how do you know that it's not 42,000 or less? Every time you post, you make stuff up and attempt to pass it off as "fact" to everyone.

This is what happens when a left-wing partisan hack comments on a subject matter before reading it / watching it / listening to it / etc. You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Here are some screen shots. But you really need to watch the video in its entirety before commenting again.

IMG_3708.jpg
IMG_3709.jpg
IMG_3710.jpg
IMG_3711.jpg

There is one fundamental, universal characteristic of the left - they hate choice. Because choice means they can't control others. There is absolutely no reason not to give parents of students the choice of what school for their children to attend - other than it strips the fascists of the control they deeply desire.

There is one fundamental, universal characteristic of the left - they hate choice. Because choice means they can't control others. There is absolutely no reason not to give parents of students the choice of what school for their children to attend - other than it strips the fascists of the control they deeply desire.

Yawn, guy, the problem is, school choice has just as many failures as successes.

Researcher 'stunned' by high rate of voucher school failures in Milwaukee

Forty-one percent of all private schools that participated in the Milwaukee private school voucher program between 1991 and 2015 failed, according to a new study by a voucher school proponent who said he was stunned by the findings.

“I do not mean failed as in they did not deliver academically, I mean failed as in they no longer exist,” University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh Professor Michael Ford wrote. “These 102 schools either closed after having their voucher revenue cut off by the Department of Public Instruction, or simply shut their doors. The failure rate for entrepreneurial start-up schools is even worse: 67.8 percent.”

Ford is a former vice president of School Choice Wisconsin.

In a summary of his study, he concludes:

“The larger, perhaps more troubling legacy of the first 25 years of the Milwaukee voucher experience is the problem of externalities…When a school closes, students and parents must find new schools, student records may be lost, student achievement will likely suffer, and the public investment in failed institutions is lost.

Forty-one percent of all private schools that participated in the Milwaukee private school voucher program between 1991 and 2015 failed.
So a 59% success rate? That's like 5x's the success rate of public schools in progressive regions like Detroit and Milwaukee.

So a 59% success rate? That's like 5x's the success rate of public schools in progressive regions like Detroit and Milwaukee.

Um,no, those schools didn't close down and take a bunch of money with them. Those schools would still be open the next day when you stopped by to drop your kids off.

Nearly everyone considers Milwaukee's School Voucher program to be a failure, and Michigan's as well.

Um,no, those schools didn't close down and take a bunch of money with them.
Well duh...that's because they fail but are permitted by law to keep stealing unlimited money from the tax payer. They still fail at 5x's the rate of the voucher schools in Milwaukee. Plus - you're clinging to one city like a desperate dog humping a leg because school choice has been a spectacular success nation wide.

I think it's also hilarious that you believe school choice means charter schools only. You literally have no idea what it mean so (like most topics - you're uninformed and clueless). School choice means a child at one PUBLIC school can choose to attend another PUBLIC school in a neighboring district.

Well duh...that's because they fail but are permitted by law to keep stealing unlimited money from the tax payer. They still fail at 5x's the rate of the voucher schools in Milwaukee. Plus - you're clinging to one city like a desperate dog humping a leg because school choice has been a spectacular success nation wide.

Well, only one city was dumb enough to try it on a mass scale. Most other cities either didn't do it at all, or did it under very limited circumstances.

I think it's also hilarious that you believe school choice means charter schools only. You literally have no idea what it mean so (like most topics - you're uninformed and clueless). School choice means a child at one PUBLIC school can choose to attend another PUBLIC school in a neighboring district.

which again, is a pretty bad idea. I mean, sure, it would be wonderful if all the city kids from Chicago can go to the swanky public school in Evanston, but the taxpayers of Evanston wouldn't be too keen on that and the money needed to move them around just isn't there.

But here's the real problem with school choice, and I say this as someone who went to parochial schools. The Parochial School didn't do a better job because the Frustrated Lesbian in a Penguin Dress was any better of a teacher than her counterpart in a public school.

The reason kids in parochial schools do better is because their parents are spending their OWN MONEY and they have skin in the game.

And given their druthers, those schools would rather take the people paying their own way.

which again, is a pretty bad idea. I mean, sure, it would be wonderful if all the city kids from Chicago can go to the swanky public school in Evanston, but the taxpayers of Evanston wouldn't be too keen on that
Well duh....for all the progressive's rhetoric about "caring" they invented, and continue to promote, segregation. Of course those left-wing parents in Evanston don't want black children coming to their schools.

But here's the thing junior - we don't care. School choice is happening. You can sit on the sidelines whining (like you've done your entire life) or you can accept it. The communism you embrace has been a spectacular failure and the American people are flat out tired of it.

Well duh....for all the progressive's rhetoric about "caring" they invented, and continue to promote, segregation. Of course those left-wing parents in Evanston don't want black children coming to their schools.

Uh, Folks in Evanston aren't exactly left wing... but never mind.

But here's the thing junior - we don't care. School choice is happening. You can sit on the sidelines whining (like you've done your entire life) or you can accept it. The communism you embrace has been a spectacular failure and the American people are flat out tired of it.

School Choice will fail, and then we'll stop wasting money on it.

Here's the big problem with school choice, buddy. The more government money a private school collects, the more it ends up acting like a public school.

Here's the big problem with school choice, buddy. The more government money a private school collects, the more it ends up acting like a public school.
Again...school choice is not limited to private schools. It also includes choosing a better public school over a worse public school.

And it will be a spectacular success because if creates competition for the dollars. And competition always raises the bar and produces better results. That's why the communism you love fails - it eliminates competition which lowers the bar.

Again...school choice is not limited to private schools. It also includes choosing a better public school over a worse public school.

And it will be a spectacular success because if creates competition for the dollars. And competition always raises the bar and produces better results. That's why the communism you love fails - it eliminates competition which lowers the bar.

Guy, Greed isn't the answer to everything.

Milwaukee tried what you are talking about. What they got was a lot of fly-by-night get rich quick schemes that left the kids with no education.

This is the problem with privatizing public services for profit. You get crap like Blackwater for the military or for profit prisons that just make matters worse.

Forum List

Back