The Bush Administration Was "ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN" That Saddam Hussein Had WMDs

Truth. We're your number one and we don't behead you.

:eusa_angel:

Our preferred method of torture is sending you Justin Beiber and Celine Dion.

Stop it. Just stop it, Brian Adams was enough.....:eusa_whistle:

A lot of American(s) companies are working very hard in Canada too.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :eusa_shhh: We're setting her up to torture anyone who doesn't go along with the pipeline by making her Bieber #2. Go with the XL or not a moment's peace next year.

***diabolical laugh***

World domination is now possible.

Latest addition to our arsenals is.....

carlycover.jpg

:eek: Please not that!

The Bush Administration Was "ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN" That Saddam Hussein Had WMDs
That is their story and they are sticking to it. Even though after Desert-Storm Washington knew all the weapons Iraq had, and Iraq was secured as far as what was being allowed into the country.

Why do we keep going back to this when lefties won the election and should be telling us how great it is to be able to order the execution of Americans without due process? Bill freaking Clinton told Americans that Saddam was developing WMD's. Bush gave Saddam a year to comply with UN sanctions and democrats had the time to consult with what ever "intelligence" agency was in vogue at the time. The treasonous SOB's authorized Bush to use combat Troops and then they sat back and pretended to be bystanders or part of the jihad while they undermined the mission and ridiculed the commander with full page ads calling him "betray-us".

Stop it. Just stop it, Brian Adams was enough.....:eusa_whistle:

A lot of American(s) companies are working very hard in Canada too.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :eusa_shhh: We're setting her up to torture anyone who doesn't go along with the pipeline by making her Bieber #2. Go with the XL or not a moment's peace next year.

***diabolical laugh***

World domination is now possible.

Latest addition to our arsenals is.....

carlycover.jpg

:eek: Please not that!

She's a cutie! :)

got some bad news for ya-------Reagan is dead......Bush is no longer president

Whats happening now belongs to your hero, the kenyan messiah

This thread is not about Obama. Do you have a compulsive disorder?

The compulsive disorder is manifected in you leftiists who cannot stop the insanity about reagan and bush.

in your small minds you think that continuing to bring up reagan and bush will somehow take the spotlight off of obama's failures, lies, corruption, and marxist ideas---It won't work.

What? Wait, it was you pseudo-conservatives who brought up the sad fact that the Kurds were gassed by Saddam. It just so happens that occured under Rayguns last term while he was supporting Saddam. I know historical accuracy is not the pseudo-cons strong point but that doesn't preclude you from researching the matter.

The compulsive disorder is manifected in you leftiists who cannot stop the insanity about reagan and bush.

in your small minds you think that continuing to bring up reagan and bush will somehow take the spotlight off of obama's failures, lies, corruption, and marxist ideas---It won't work.

What? Wait, it was you pseudo-conservatives who brought up the sad fact that the Kurds were gassed by Saddam. It just so happens that occured under Rayguns last term while he was supporting Saddam. I know historical accuracy is not the pseudo-cons strong point but that doesn't preclude you from researching the matter.

Whenever he did it -- he did it.

The operative words there are: "he did it."

He USED WMD on his "own" people.

Well when you can't defend Obama go back to attacking Bush.
When was Bush ever dealt with?

When did YOU ever hold Bush accountable for anything?

Look you moron, a democrat controlled congress most of which believed Saddam had WMD's approved the war in Iraq.

And whether or not I held Bush responsible for anything is irrelevant.
I get it...Bush isn't, nor has he ever been, responsible for anything he did.

He had them.
He used them...
Hillary thought they had them.
John Kerry thought they had them.
The Democrats were for the war and voted for sending troops.

I guess some Libs here watched that show on MSNBC....
so it's time to rehash this again.
It's rehashed every time a RWer like Darth Cheney raises his ugly brutish head trying to relitigate the Iraq War and justify it. Which they have a steady on-going campaign.

Look you moron, a democrat controlled congress most of which believed Saddam had WMD's approved the war in Iraq.
Democrats didn't control Congress until the 2006 mid-terms, 3 years after the war started.

He deliberately lied this country into a war that cost over 4000 American lives, over 1 million Iraqi lives, over 1 trillion US tax dollars, contributed to our economic meltdown, destroyed our reputation around the world, shit on our American heritage and the worse thing of all, in light of everything this country sacrificed on this illegal and immoral war, we got nothing in return for that investment.

If you don't have a problem spending a trillion US tax dollars in someone else's god-damn country, with no direct benefit to average Americans, then you're not a patriot to this country.
Thank you!!! :clap2:

Geez, Obama must really be failing on things like gas prices, the economy and jobs to be dredging this old issue up. lets all keep our eyes off the real prize here. smoke and mirrors is what it's all about to the liberal agenda.

Saddam did have WMD. Ask the Kurds.
We knew he had them back in the late 80's and early 90's, because we're the ones who sold him the gas.

But he had no WMD's after 1993 and couldn't make any because we destroyed his infrastucture.
If radical RW Republicans didn't lie...they'd have nothing to say.

Why do we keep going back to this when lefties won the election and should be telling us how great it is to be able to order the execution of Americans without due process? Bill freaking Clinton told Americans that Saddam was developing WMD's. Bush gave Saddam a year to comply with UN sanctions and democrats had the time to consult with what ever "intelligence" agency was in vogue at the time. The treasonous SOB's authorized Bush to use combat Troops and then they sat back and pretended to be bystanders or part of the jihad while they undermined the mission and ridiculed the commander with full page ads calling him "betray-us".

The majority of House Democrats voted against giving President Bush the deciding power. In the Senate it was 29 for and 21 against.

President Bush re-nigged on the commitment he gave the world when the US signed on to SCR 1441.

I can't help but notice the OP is lacking of quotes from all the Democrats who also said Saddam had WMDs.

Here's my source: A History Of Lies: WMD, Who Said What and When

There were no LWers quotes there.

However, I'm not opposed to them.

I selected the quotes not based on party affiliation, but on content.

Look at the certainty in their words.

I gaurantee that no matter what LWer quote you provide they won't be as certain, or as pro-going-to-war as the statements in my OP.

Go for it.

Did you think a site that calls Bush "George 'aWol' Bush" was an objective source of information?
Point out any false information from that source my friend.

I'll be more than willing to retract.

Whenever he did it -- he did it.

The operative words there are: "he did it."

He USED WMD on his "own" people.

If you're an American you too can say "And I helped". Thank Ronnie.

You guys really need to get a new script.

Yes, Bush made mistakes, Yes, Reagan made mistakes, so did Clinton, Johnson, Kennedy, Nixon, Ike, Carter and every president back to Washington.

We currently have a president named Obama, its his mistakes and ideology that are screwing up our country TODAY.

But I know that concentrating on his screwups is something that you libs are not programmed to do.

Were there WMDs in Iraq when we invaded?

I think some people would scream "YES!!!" even in the presence of a complete lack of evidence.

I think some people would scream "YES!!!" if a few leaky, old shells buried in the sand were found.

Neither of these situations would warrant an invasion of another country.

And then there are those who would scream "NO!!!" even if fifty thousand tons of sarin were found stashed under Saddam's bed.

Some people are so desperate to believe there were WMDs in Iraq they are grabbing onto the idea that Syria's WMDs had to come from Iraq like a drowning man grabbing a life preserver. Again without the slightest bit of evidence, and in the face of evidence such a proposition is impossible.

You know what? I don't care if there were WMDs in Iraq or not. I believe we were going to war with Iraq again sooner or later. Having served over there, I know this in my gut. The man was not going to quit his megalomaniacal dream to take over the Middle East.

I do have reservations about a pre-emptive attack for the first time in our history. That's a really dangerous precedent. You might think your guy is right to do so, but some future President is going to use that precedent to justify his own pre-emptive attack someday.

It seems partisans never think about the bar they are setting and how it will be used later by someone they hate or mistrust.

Anyway...

My biggest problem with the war in Iraq is not the WMDs. Not at all. My biggest problem with the war is with the way it was prosecuted. It was amateur hour on Bush's part. Demobilizing the Iraqi Army is going to go down as the biggest military blunder in American history.

Bush's pipe dream that Iraq was going to be instantly transformed into a Libertarian paradise is borderline insane. The man was just plain stupid.

But Saddam had to go. He really did. WMDs or no WMDs.
Your post and testimony verifies that Bush n Co lied the country into war on a false precept.

They should have just said so...they didn't. They LIED. That's the problem.

Stupid thread. Bush is no longer in charge of anything, but the lefties continue these mindless rants in a failed attempt to take the attention away from obama and his incompetence and lying.

and, for the record, The entire world believed Saddam had WMDs---the UN, the EU, UK, FRance, Germany, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, france--------everyone! Maybe they were all wrong, but to claim that Bush made it all up because he wanted a war is just stupid.
Yeah, I know, I know...you don't want to hold Bush responsible for anything and hold Obama responsible for everything. I get it.

Here's my source: A History Of Lies: WMD, Who Said What and When

There were no LWers quotes there.

However, I'm not opposed to them.

I selected the quotes not based on party affiliation, but on content.

Look at the certainty in their words.

I gaurantee that no matter what LWer quote you provide they won't be as certain, or as pro-going-to-war as the statements in my OP.

Go for it.

Did you think a site that calls Bush "George 'aWol' Bush" was an objective source of information?
Point out any false information from that source my friend.

I'll be more than willing to retract.

please see post #131, those comments apply to you as well as the blind dog

Were there WMDs in Iraq when we invaded?

I think some people would scream "YES!!!" even in the presence of a complete lack of evidence.

I think some people would scream "YES!!!" if a few leaky, old shells buried in the sand were found.

Neither of these situations would warrant an invasion of another country.

And then there are those who would scream "NO!!!" even if fifty thousand tons of sarin were found stashed under Saddam's bed.

Some people are so desperate to believe there were WMDs in Iraq they are grabbing onto the idea that Syria's WMDs had to come from Iraq like a drowning man grabbing a life preserver. Again without the slightest bit of evidence, and in the face of evidence such a proposition is impossible.

You know what? I don't care if there were WMDs in Iraq or not. I believe we were going to war with Iraq again sooner or later. Having served over there, I know this in my gut. The man was not going to quit his megalomaniacal dream to take over the Middle East.

I do have reservations about a pre-emptive attack for the first time in our history. That's a really dangerous precedent. You might think your guy is right to do so, but some future President is going to use that precedent to justify his own pre-emptive attack someday.

It seems partisans never think about the bar they are setting and how it will be used later by someone they hate or mistrust.

Anyway...

My biggest problem with the war in Iraq is not the WMDs. Not at all. My biggest problem with the war is with the way it was prosecuted. It was amateur hour on Bush's part. Demobilizing the Iraqi Army is going to go down as the biggest military blunder in American history.

Bush's pipe dream that Iraq was going to be instantly transformed into a Libertarian paradise is borderline insane. The man was just plain stupid.

But Saddam had to go. He really did. WMDs or no WMDs.
Your post and testimony verifies that Bush n Co lied the country into war on a false precept.

They should have just said so...they didn't. They LIED. That's the problem.

Stupid thread. Bush is no longer in charge of anything, but the lefties continue these mindless rants in a failed attempt to take the attention away from obama and his incompetence and lying.

and, for the record, The entire world believed Saddam had WMDs---the UN, the EU, UK, FRance, Germany, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, france--------everyone! Maybe they were all wrong, but to claim that Bush made it all up because he wanted a war is just stupid.
Yeah, I know, I know...you don't want to hold Bush responsible for anything and hold Obama responsible for everything. I get it.

Not at all, Bush screwed up in several ways, he is responsible for his screw ups.

Now, will you admit that obama is responsible for his screw ups?

It's rehashed every time a RWer like Darth Cheney raises his ugly brutish head trying to relitigate the Iraq War and justify it. Which they have a steady on-going campaign.

We knew he had them back in the late 80's and early 90's, because we're the ones who sold him the gas.

But he had no WMD's after 1993 and couldn't make any because we destroyed his infrastucture.

I note that you didn't have a response to my question about the Downing Street Memos, Marc. Tough to make the case that Bush "lied" us into war in Iraq when the secret war planning memos show quite clearly that both the Americans and the British planning the invasion of Iraq were deeply concerned about Saddam using WMD's against allied troops.

You can make a case that they believed bad intelligence...but it's rather apparent that Bush Administration weren't "lying" when they told the public that Saddam's WMD were a threat because the Downing Street Memos prove that they WERE worried about somthing which you propose they knew didn't exist...and THAT makes zero sense.

Your words not mine.

No need to justify a war no that's it's over and we won.

You idiots have nothing to do but bring up old shit that you couldn't even win the first time around. Anything to keep your mind off of the mess Obama is creating. You people are nothing but blind ass sheep.

And what was the Raygun Administrations response to Iraq using them against Iran and the Kurds? Did he sanction them and halt their most favored trade status? No of course not. In fact they fought a Congressional sanction against Iraq.

got some bad news for ya-------Reagan is dead......Bush is no longer president

Whats happening now belongs to your hero, the kenyan messiah

The answer is a resounding....YES!!!

For a nice list of Democrats who assured us all that Saddam HAD WMDs BEFORE the Bush Administration even began, here's a fun read.

If The Bush Administration Lied About WMD, So Did These People ? Version 3.0 | Right Wing News

Of course it comes from a cite called Right Wing News, so it has to be disregarded even if it offers verified or verifiable quotes.
LoLing my A$$ off at Right Wing News. :lol:

He had them. He used them.

Apparently, the democrat leadership believed so as well.

What Did The Democrats Say About

Here's what the Democrats said about Iraq's WMDs (including the source of each quote):

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 | Source

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998 | Source

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 | Source

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998 | Source

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998 | Source

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999 | Source

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 | Source

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002 | Source
Why do you people keep bringing all those statements up as if they prove Bush was telling the truth?

None of their statements gets Bush off the hook for the invasion.

He was the "Decider", remember?
They don't care about the truth.

Why would Hussein leave them to be found?

He had months to get rid of them.
You can't get rid of what you don't have.
I know right?

Why would Hussein leave them to be found?

He had months to get rid of them.
You can't get rid of what you don't have.

You can get rid of what you have.

They were moved to Syria. Hussein had months to do so.
Sounds like a good story.

Where's the PROOF Skippy?

Well when you can't defend Obama go back to attacking Bush.

Dealt with for what??? YOUR LIES???? Everyone here see's right through you.. Smile for the camera ;-)

Khamisiyah Area - Units Exposed List

MARC ATL= Liar and propagandist

When did you get back. Last I heard, you wanted to leave. Wa happened? Where you been? :eusa_angel:

You guys really need to get a new script.

Yes, Bush made mistakes, Yes, Reagan made mistakes, so did Clinton, Johnson, Kennedy, Nixon, Ike, Carter and every president back to Washington.

We currently have a president named Obama, its his mistakes and ideology that are screwing up our country TODAY.

But I know that concentrating on his screwups is something that you libs are not programmed to do.

Yeah right, right, when commenting on "The Bush Administration Was "ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN" That Saddam Hussein Had WMDs " I don't particularly conentrate on President Obama's performance.

LMFAO!! I'm still over here laughing.. More you say?? MORE PROOF OF WMD's??? K...

Articles about Khamisiyah - CNN

CNN?? The Commie News Network????

Time, fuzzy memories vex Gulf War probe
June 21, 1997
WASHINGTON CNN One year ago Sunday, the Pentagon revealed for the first time that U.S. troops had destroyed Iraqi chemical weapons shortly after the 1991 Persian Gulf War. Since then, it has been trying to answer the question of how many U.S. troops might have been exposed to small amounts of deadly nerve gas in the process.; The Pentagon is under considerable pressure to resolve this issue, particularly from Gulf War veterans who claim a laundry list of mysterious maladies since they returned from the region.
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

... and .. THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE !!

Forum List

Back