The bush foundation sent 2 million face masks to china during the chinese virus outbreak

The US government sent almost 18 tons of medical equipment, including masks, to China in early February. That would be about 2 weeks before the Bush Foundation sent those masks, if the timeline given in the articles is correct.

The United States Announces Assistance To Combat the Novel Coronavirus - United States Department of State That was Feb. 7

The original article says it happened around the same time as China put export restrictions on N95 masks, and gives a link to this article:
The date on that article is Feb. 23.

There was nothing wrong with sending help to Wuhan in the very early days when the outbreak there overwhelmed health resources. We were sending in planes to get our own people out, anyway. The problem was only that we should have been ramping up our own production then, but didn’t. Today China is sending millions of masks and PPE to the U.S., Europe and the Middle East. There is nothing wrong with that either! China’s factories have already ramped up production and are meeting their own needs. Why on earth should everybody hoard such easy to produce items in this day and age?
"This was around the same time that China put export restrictions on N-95 masks and then nationalized a US factory that made them there."

Nothing wrong except while Bush was sending China much needed masks China itself was apparently
restricting masks coming here. Equitable? Fair? It doesn't seem so.

That was at a time when China was being hit very hard, while the US had hardly felt the effects yet. :dunno:

That was at a time when China was being hit very hard, while the US had hardly felt the effects yet
So what are you saying? China had no idea that that a pandemic was on the way and the US would need
all the anti virus tools they could get (even as they were receiving masks from the US)? That's extremely weak rationalizing.

That was at a time when China was being hit very hard, while the US had hardly felt the effects yet
So what are you saying? China had no idea that that a pandemic was on the way and the US would need
all the anti virus tools they could get (even as they were receiving masks from the US)? That's extremely weak rationalizing.
I think what everyone is saying, is trying to demonize the Bush Foundation for sending relief to China when the Trump Administration was also doing it....does not make sense.

What I'm saying is that China was in the midst of a pandemic, and if their situation was anything like ours, they would have needed the PPE to be used in China. If you haven't noticed, 3M has recently been lambasted for selling masks to other countries now that the US is dealing with widespread cases of the virus.

I think what everyone is saying, is trying to demonize the Bush Foundation for sending relief to China when the Trump Administration was also doing it....does not make sense.

It is sop for America to quickly offer help to any nation that is undergoing a disaster situation.

Private citizens and their foundations should be more cautious.

I wonder if the bush foundation even now is helping any Americans?

The same can be asked regarding the dlinton foundation?

What I'm saying is that China was in the midst of a pandemic, and if their situation was anything like ours, they would have needed the PPE to be used in China. If you haven't noticed, 3M has recently been lambasted for selling masks to other countries now that the US is dealing with widespread cases of the virus.
And what I'm saying is we have a need also for those masks and China had no right to nationalize masks intended for this market.

It is sop for America to quickly offer help to any nation that is under-going any kind of disaster.

Private citizens and their foundations should be more cautious.

I wonder if they are doing anything now to help Americans?

Why?

Ok, the post has been changed by someone-
From twitter, the actual post vs the. National pulse page
285AB54F-C3AA-434F-856B-8237235227F3.png
25CA276E-6476-4123-BBE4-508C360DD0D4.png

I don't recall a "critical face mask shortage" earlier this year. Governor Cuomo was telling people that China was our friend and it was racist to stay home in spite of early indications of an epidemic.

"This was around the same time that China put export restrictions on N-95 masks and then nationalized a US factory that made them there."

Please....

Your own link, where it says “about the same time” links to another earlier “Gateway Pundit” article in which it says “we reported earlier,” which has yet another link to a February 18 “Pundit” article which reports that it is referring to events “Last month” (i.e. January)! In short everything is just hysterical, ambiguous, out-of context nonsense.

Some context does leak through anyway:

“Last month, China, Taiwan and India banned the export of face masks to reserve them for desperate residents...” It also points out that at that time China could not produce enough for itself.

For your information, major Chinese mask factories were located inside Wuhan, which were closed, while demand all over China could not be met.

Finally there is no evidence of ”nationalization” of an American company by name, date or mention of compensation granted. Just angry stupid charges to divert blame from U.S. failures to get our own act together.

Your own link, where it says “about the same time” links to another earlier “Gateway Pundit” article in which it says “we reported earlier,” which has yet another link to a February 18 “Pundit” article which reports that it is referring to events “Last month” (i.e. January)! In short everything is just hysterical, ambiguous, out-of context nonsense.

Some context does leak through anyway:

“Last month, China, Taiwan and India banned the export of face masks to reserve them for desperate residents...” It also points out that at that time China could not produce enough for itself.

For your information, major Chinese mask factories were located inside Wuhan, which were closed, while demand all over China could not be met.

Finally there is no evidence of ”nationalization” of an American company by name, date or mention of compensation granted. Just angry stupid charges to divert blame from U.S. failures to get our own act together.
Actually there is some evidence. You just don't want to pay attention or give any credence to any news
that counters your personal beliefs, or your message you are supposed to disseminate.

You've done a lot of rationalizing and mentioning what India and Taiwan are doing, for instance...as if that mattered. And factories in Wu han that were shut down doesn't address the issue which is globalist Bush sending tons of PPE to China while, on the other hand, China cut off the US in that regard.

You should try to stick to the issue at hand and stop trying to explain away the matter with spurious
nonsense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back