The Cappucino Corral

Hi all, So I go to drop my daughter off at school today and it's just straight up sleeting and pure ice on all the sidewalks and the streets and totally sucky weather.

On the bright side, we are both off next Monday and are going bowling with her cousins and she's really looking forward to it.

Have a good one!!

Happy-Tuesday2.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Tuesday........we're having Spring weather here.

Hmmm, they look so good. I've had the maple bacon on hamburgers....really delicious, I bet the caramel bacon is really good with the sweetness of the buns (I'm guessing they are cinnamon buns).

I just fixed some caramelized mushrooms/onions to put on hamburgers....they were so good and the house still smells sooooo good.

Hmmm, they look so good. I've had the maple bacon on hamburgers....really delicious, I bet the caramel bacon is really good with the sweetness of the buns (I'm guessing they are cinnamon buns).

I just fixed some caramelized mushrooms/onions to put on hamburgers....they were so good and the house still smells sooooo good.

You know, it calls for canned biscuits, but I think your idea of using cinnamon buns sounds a whole lot better.

I bet your house did smell yummy!

You will find resistance to be futile.

What is a flat white? A guide for Americans on Starbucks' next hit

Life and style The Guardian

Buying a coffee in New York City poses an interesting cultural dilemma for a Brit who has just moved to stateside after a year and a half living in Australia: how to order a flat white.

Before moving to the antipodes I was a coward when it came to caffeine, opting for the chocolatey halfway house of a mocha instead of full-strength coffee, which tasted impossibly bitter in my mind.

The flat white changed my life. Or, more precisely, slightly altered my morning routine. It is both creamy and intensely caffeinated. It is still the only coffee I really drink.

But the expression on most New York barista’s faces when I ask for one here is a mixture of confusion and mild annoyance. Some make the effort and give it a go, others point-blank refuse. A small handful have the flat white on the menu and only one coffee shop – owned by an Australian – has been able to make it right.

All this might change now as Starbucks, the world’s largest coffee shop chain, announced it will start serving flat whites around the US from Tuesday.

Just a bit of humor to liven up this Wednesday............

Mean Old Man
An old man and woman were married for many years, even though they hated each other. When they had a confrontation, screaming and yelling could be heard deep into the night. The old man would shout, "When I die, I will dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!"
Neighbors feared him. They believed he practiced black magic, because of the many strange occurrences that took place in their neighborhood. The old man liked the fact that he was feared. To everyone's relief, he died of a heart attack when he was 68. His wife had a closed casket at the wake. After the burial, she went straight to the local bar and began to party as if there was no tomorrow.
Her neighbors, concerned for her safety, asked, "Aren't you afraid that he may indeed be able to dig his way up and out of the grave and come back to haunt you for the rest of your life?" The wife put down her drink and said, "Let him dig. I had him buried upside down and I know he won't stop and ask for directions!"

Just a bit of humor to liven up this Wednesday............

Mean Old Man
An old man and woman were married for many years, even though they hated each other. When they had a confrontation, screaming and yelling could be heard deep into the night. The old man would shout, "When I die, I will dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!"
Neighbors feared him. They believed he practiced black magic, because of the many strange occurrences that took place in their neighborhood. The old man liked the fact that he was feared. To everyone's relief, he died of a heart attack when he was 68. His wife had a closed casket at the wake. After the burial, she went straight to the local bar and began to party as if there was no tomorrow.
Her neighbors, concerned for her safety, asked, "Aren't you afraid that he may indeed be able to dig his way up and out of the grave and come back to haunt you for the rest of your life?" The wife put down her drink and said, "Let him dig. I had him buried upside down and I know he won't stop and ask for directions!"

Bwaaaahhhh!

Forum List

Back