The Cappucino Corral

Beautiful sunrise this morning. I say that we ever have a poor sunrise but the sun through the trees really is just incredible. Last night, the full moon over the lake is also beyond description.

Sometime during the night, I was awake and noticed it was bright enough to actually cast a shadow indoors.

We got a really good sighting of "our" fox this morning. He looks very good, healthy looking coat, very red with black feet. I have no idea how many foxes live near us but year before last, we had one who had severe mange. We never knew if he survived that so its especially nice to see this one so healthy.

On my second cup of coffee ... :coffee:

Beautiful sunrise this morning. I say that we ever have a poor sunrise but the sun through the trees really is just incredible. Last night, the full moon over the lake is also beyond description.

Sometime during the night, I was awake and noticed it was bright enough to actually cast a shadow indoors.

We got a really good sighting of "our" fox this morning. He looks very good, healthy looking coat, very red with black feet. I have no idea how many foxes live near us but year before last, we had one who had severe mange. We never knew if he survived that so its especially nice to see this one so healthy.

On my second cup of coffee ... :coffee:
I was looking out our bedroom window at the full moon last night. It was so white against the clear and cold sky. Really magnificent. :)

good-morning-my-ass-wheres-my-damn-coffee.jpg

Simple Garlic Confit
We Also Recommend

Triple Garlic Linguine

Garlic confit, a silky, spreadable condiment, relies on a French technique for gently poaching peeled whole cloves in oil or fat. The process caramelizes the cloves and concentrates their sweetness while infusing them with the oil or fat that renders them rich and creamy. Linton Hopkins of Restaurant Eugene in Atlanta taught us this simple method for making confit, perfect in dishes like garlicky skillet greens with ham. This recipe first appeared in our November 2014 issue with the story The Glories of Garlic.

Save Recipe
Print
Email
simple_garlic_confit_1000x1367.jpg
Enlarge Credit: Andre Baranowski
MAKES ABOUT 2½ CUPS

Ingredients
  • 2 cups canola oil, lard, or rendered chicken or duck fat
  • 1 cup garlic cloves, peeled
Instructions
Simmer oil, lard, or fat with garlic cloves in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium-low; cook until garlic is tender, 35–40 minutes. Let cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks

Simple Garlic Confit SAVEUR

We're making French bread and this ^^.

Except that we're not using near that much oil and its olive oil.

No werewolves or vampires around here !

Dinner at Luddly's house everyone!

Simple Garlic Confit
We Also Recommend

Triple Garlic Linguine

Garlic confit, a silky, spreadable condiment, relies on a French technique for gently poaching peeled whole cloves in oil or fat. The process caramelizes the cloves and concentrates their sweetness while infusing them with the oil or fat that renders them rich and creamy. Linton Hopkins of Restaurant Eugene in Atlanta taught us this simple method for making confit, perfect in dishes like garlicky skillet greens with ham. This recipe first appeared in our November 2014 issue with the story The Glories of Garlic.

Save Recipe
Print
Email
MAKES ABOUT 2½ CUPS

Ingredients
Instructions
Simmer oil, lard, or fat with garlic cloves in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium-low; cook until garlic is tender, 35–40 minutes. Let cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks

What time? I need plenty of time..........it's not close to Texas...........:D

Went on a long Harley ride to our Harley Club....they were having a fund raiser and Mr. Mertex and I decided to go help. We grilled sausages, hamburgers and hot dogs, and I helped serve customers. It was pretty cold when we left.....around 40 degrees, but I had my long-johns on and my chaps so I wasn't uncomfortable at all. It was a nice ride and we are back home now.....relaxing.

Simple Garlic Confit
We Also Recommend

Triple Garlic Linguine

Save Recipe
Print
Email
MAKES ABOUT 2½ CUPS

Ingredients
Instructions

The garlic spread is

TO

DIE

FOR

Especially on hot, out of the oven, home made French bread ...

BUT

Not so fast.

Our new refrigerator has ISH-SHOOS.

The damn thing looks beautiful but they already had to replace a drawer. Now its spitting out ice cubes onto the floor. Czar, the dog, loves ice cubes and thinks they're all for him and does his best to clean them up but WTH?

So, they were gonna bring out a new one tomorrow but then we looked at more choices on line and decide on one that's a little further up the food chain.

Our anniversary is Valentine's Day and decided we're getting each other a refrigerator that costs more than my first car.

Last edited:
I just has a long, long, long, long work Saturday and now I feel sick, really sick. Sweats and chills, the whole nine yards. A client who had visited me was sick and I think I got it from her.

Off to bed with the laptop next to me..... ugh...

Hey, maybe you should see a doctor?

Push fluids and don't even think about getting out of that bed.

Maybe that new girlfriend would bring you some healthy food?

Forum List

Back