The Cappucino Corral

Good morning, I Cappucinisti della Terra! Princess Statalina decided that Papa's house was not really ready for Karneval, so she shifted into arts-n-crafts mode and made three of these:

:D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422786552518.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422786552518.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 69
Spring is coming soon. I bribed Puxhatawny Phil with a nice grass garden, even some insects thrown in for fun!

Yeah, verily.

We will see what Phil forecasts on Monday, and about 50 packets of seeds have been ordered and received. The garden plans are well underway and indoor seed starting begins in about three weeks.

I'm also anxious for Spring to arrive so I can start my vegetable garden. I love home-grown tomatoes and still have (from last year) quite a few bags of diced tomatoes in my freezer as well as bell pepper. They do well in spaghetti sauce, but the fresh ripe tomatoes are so good, I eat them like I would an apple.

I don't do the indoor seed planting...I did once, and they took up too much room, plus my cats kept knocking them over and I had dirt all over :(....I just wait until there is supposedly no more signs of a freeze, then I plant already started plants. One time I got anxious and planted them too soon only to lose them to a late freeze.

It will be fun to discuss our gardens........:)

It appears we have much in common. We also stock up on tomatoes and peppers. We have switched from freezing the tomatoes to canning, because we needed the freezer space for other things.

There must be a gardening forum we should be on to discuss such things.

Last edited:
Spring is coming soon. I bribed Puxhatawny Phil with a nice grass garden, even some insects thrown in for fun!

Yeah, verily.

We will see what Phil forecasts on Monday, and about 50 packets of seeds have been ordered and received. The garden plans are well underway and indoor seed starting begins in about three weeks.

I'm also anxious for Spring to arrive so I can start my vegetable garden. I love home-grown tomatoes and still have (from last year) quite a few bags of diced tomatoes in my freezer as well as bell pepper. They do well in spaghetti sauce, but the fresh ripe tomatoes are so good, I eat them like I would an apple.

I don't do the indoor seed planting...I did once, and they took up too much room, plus my cats kept knocking them over and I had dirt all over :(....I just wait until there is supposedly no more signs of a freeze, then I plant already started plants. One time I got anxious and planted them too soon only to lose them to a late freeze.

It will be fun to discuss our gardens........:)

It appears we have much in common. We also stock up on tomatoes and peppers. We have switched from freezing the tomatoes to canning, because we needed the freezer space for other things.

There must be a gardening forum we should be on to discuss such things.

There is. I'm into gardening also. It's in the Hobbies section, gardening and landscaping.

Gardening and Landscaping US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Standard Stellar Statalina Sunday Saga (S5) continues, from arts-n-crafts (see posting above) to wanting to play goalie in soccer against Papa Stat. So, we got on our gear for muddy weather and out we went for about one hour of soccer practice. She is just bound and determined to be as good at this as the boys her age. What a hoot. I already also packed stuff for playing in sand for afterwards, for on the the way home we always go by a public playground with a BIG sandbox, and so we built a major fortress, including moat. Here is the moment where my back reminds good ol' Stat that he's not 19 anymore.

When we got home, I asked Princess Statalina to help make our late afternoon meal of Risotto and Salad. Yesterday and today were (are) no-dessert days, since Karneval is just around the corner and kids already get WAY too many sweets for Karneval as it is. So, I just made an espresso in order to keep awake from all the fresh air, also considering putting toothpicks in my eyes to hold up my eyelids.

Meanwhile, Princess Statalina has already booked Papa Stat for another famous "Go Fish" tournament after her Sunday bath. She will of course whip my butt with Go Fish and prolly a memory game where I prove that I have the memory of a sieve these days. Uhhh, where am I, again???

Sweet little daughters, soccer balls, mud, sandcastles and card games. The perfect Sunday. What could be better?? :D

And it keeps her away from the TV. :thup:

Now, I just need to stay awa

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Good morning, I Cappucinisti della Terra! Princess Statalina decided that Papa's house was not really ready for Karneval, so she shifted into arts-n-crafts mode and made three of these:

:D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

She's so talented....that is really cute.

The Standard Stellar Statalina Sunday Saga (S5) continues, from arts-n-crafts (see posting above) to wanting to play goalie in soccer against Papa Stat. So, we got on our gear for muddy weather and out we went for about one hour of soccer practice. She is just bound and determined to be as good at this as the boys her age. What a hoot. I already also packed stuff for playing in sand for afterwards, for on the the way home we always go by a public playground with a BIG sandbox, and so we built a major fortress, including moat. Here is the moment where my back reminds good ol' Stat that he's not 19 anymore.

When we got home, I asked Princess Statalina to help make our late afternoon meal of Risotto and Salad. Yesterday and today were (are) no-dessert days, since Karneval is just around the corner and kids already get WAY too many sweets for Karneval as it is. So, I just made an espresso in order to keep awake from all the fresh air, also considering putting toothpicks in my eyes to hold up my eyelids.

Meanwhile, Princess Statalina has already booked Papa Stat for another famous "Go Fish" tournament after her Sunday bath. She will of course whip my butt with Go Fish and prolly a memory game where I prove that I have the memory of a sieve these days. Uhhh, where am I, again???

Sweet little daughters, soccer balls, mud, sandcastles and card games. The perfect Sunday. What could be better?? :D

And it keeps her away from the TV. :thup:

Now, I just need to stay awa

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Sounds like both of you are having too much fun..............keep it up.....:)

Well that was a hell of a game...........we had people over....basically half of us were for the Patriots and the other half were rooting for Seattle.....I had lost all hope at the end when the Seattle Seahawk did that magical thing in the air with the football and ended up catching it anyway.....at the 2 yard line....and then miracle of miracles.....the Patriots intercepted and that was all she wrote..........I'm going to bed happy tonight.

While y'all were watching feets-ball, we were up to our eyeballs in a dead refrigerator.

First, I have to confess, I have never watched a football game so its not big loss but damn, the last thing we needed is to have to deal with our frig. The final decision was that it made more sense to buy a new one rather than repairing the old one -- which isn't all that old, but whatcha ya gonna do?

Luckily, these days you can shop and buy on line so that's what we did. Otherwise, we would have had to drive to the big city and go store-hopping. We were able to give our debit card over the phone and it was delivered this morning.

Everything out of the old one, stacked on the counters, old one out, new one in and everything stacked in the new one. Sounds easy but we're beat.

Refrigerators cost about a gazillion dollars. Seems to me, if one spends that much money, it should be a lot more fun but again, whatcha gonna do?

While y'all were watching feets-ball, we were up to our eyeballs in a dead refrigerator.

First, I have to confess, I have never watched a football game so its not big loss but damn, the last thing we needed is to have to deal with our frig. The final decision was that it made more sense to buy a new one rather than repairing the old one -- which isn't all that old, but whatcha ya gonna do?

Luckily, these days you can shop and buy on line so that's what we did. Otherwise, we would have had to drive to the big city and go store-hopping. We were able to give our debit card over the phone and it was delivered this morning.

Everything out of the old one, stacked on the counters, old one out, new one in and everything stacked in the new one. Sounds easy but we're beat.

Refrigerators cost about a gazillion dollars. Seems to me, if one spends that much money, it should be a lot more fun but again, whatcha gonna do?

I went through the same thing around a year ago. Came home after being gone for a couple weeks, and it wasn't running. God only knows how long it had been in that state, but fearing food poisoning, I threw just about everything out for the critters, and had a new one the next day. Oh, and the fridge had started again, in the interim, but I really didn't think I should take the chance of it doing it more than once.

Enjoy your new one. It's nice to start fresh!

I went through the same thing around a year ago. Came home after being gone for a couple weeks, and it wasn't running. God only knows how long it had been in that state, but fearing food poisoning, I threw just about everything out for the critters, and had a new one the next day. Oh, and the fridge had started again, in the interim, but I really didn't think I should take the chance of it doing it more than once.

Hi Cassy Mo

I don't think I've seen your posts before so welcome to the CC.

Yeah, our food was warm so threw a lot out. The freezer lasted longer but quit too. We didn't have to throw out the frozen stuff.

The worst was closing up our other house for 3 month vacation and having the AC quit. The house was coated with mold and mildew. Just awful.

Incredible full moon over the lake tonight.

The worst was closing up our other house for 3 month vacation and having the AC quit. The house was coated with mold and mildew. Just awful.

Other than finding your place in cinders, having it coated with mold and mildew would be a most hideous homecoming! I can't even imagine all you had to go through to be rid of it.

Thank you for the nice welcome. I landed with a group of other posters, and we've been posting in the basement here....The Badlands. I do venture out and read other threads, though, on occasion.

Good night, Luddly Neddite. Good night, all.

When Katrina hit in New Orleans, needless to say everybody's power was knocked out for a long time, in New Orleans heat, which means 95 degrees every day. When we were finally allowed back into the city (in October, five weeks later, with power still out) we were all told, don't even open your refrigerator --- just seal the door and cart it outside and the city will pick it up. I don't know of anyone who did open one. Nobody even wanted to know. Everybody just junked 'em.

One wag spray-painted the outside of his, "DO NOT OPEN -- TOM BENSON INSIDE".
(Tom Benson -- the owner of the Saints and not a real popular guy).

Other than finding your place in cinders, having it coated with mold and mildew would be a most hideous homecoming! I can't even imagine all you had to go through to be rid of it.

Thank you for the nice welcome. I landed with a group of other posters, and we've been posting in the basement here....The Badlands. I do venture out and read other threads, though, on occasion.

Good night, Luddly Neddite. Good night, all.

Cassy, very glad you are here. This is a great place to just relax and just shoot the shit with other people. You are doing it just right.

Feel free to invite others to come here.

Forum List

Back