The Cappucino Corral

Does anyone know where this is from? (G)

This was composed for eight choirs allegedly for Queen Elizabeth the First's birthday. Its not performed often.

From the tube thingy.

Greg

Yes, this kind of massive antiphonal music was called CORI SPEZZATI at that time.

The Tallis is very difficult, especially intonation-wise, some consider it almost unsingable with 21st century voices ((I disagree) but it is often transcribed for either one huge brass choir or multiple horn quartets. I last heard it performed at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in NYC in the summer of 1988, a concert on which I premiered an Arvo Pärt for solo Tenor.

Hola:

Yes thank you for the invitation. 55 degrees currently in FT Worth, TX but turning cold next week so we all plan to get out and enjoy the weekend.

And a hearty welcome to KennyBas on his maiden voyage at the CC!

breakfasts-from-around-the-world-italy.jpg

Good morning, oh Cappuccino-frothers of the world!

Today's lesson: not all dogs are alike.

A, uhm, friend of mine (erm, with benefits) asked me to watch her dog last night. The dog was supposed to stay the night. The dog showed up at 7:45 PM and the little one and I took poochy for a good 75 minute walk or so. My friend was long gone to her party.

Well, after about 30 minutes, I realized that for some reason, I am allergic to something in this dog's fur. She's a big, loveable Labrador Retriever.

So, I let Miss Statalina stay up really late and play with the pooch, but by 11, I carried her off to bed and she was snoozing quite peacably before her head hit the pillow :D .

However, big lab was yelping because she missed her mastress. I endured this until about 1 AM and then I called my beautiful russian friend, who just got home from the party. She came by and picked up poochy. All said and done, it was 01:30 before I made it to bed.

Who wakes up at 06:30, bright eyed and bushy tailed, wanting to play with guest dog?

Last edited:
Hola:

Yes thank you for the invitation. 55 degrees currently in FT Worth, TX but turning cold next week so we all plan to get out and enjoy the weekend.

That thing on the right of the mocha.....what is it? It looks darn good........yummmmm!

It's called a thigh-energizer!!

Wish I was in Paris for that croissant.

Hola:

That thing on the right of the mocha.....what is it? It looks darn good........yummmmm!

Wish I was in Paris for that croissant.

Excellent Croissants in the Marais Quarter.... :)

Hola:

Good name.....:happy-1:

We are going to see a night trains exhibit this evening with our daughter. There's this huge place near us that does model train exhibits that are just absolutely fascinating and tonight it's going to be all lit up and should be a fun time.

We went to the store earlier and made the decision to go ahead and go out for dinner tonight even though it's effing freezing cold. 8 degrees right now. We're both kind of changing our minds now that we're warm inside. It is looking more and more like we're staying in. Okay with me. :)

A good Sunday morning to all Cappuccinistas of the world. It's KARNEVAL-SUNDAY in Germany, which means that for about the next 48 hours, it's like being on a different planet. Lol. On my way with 8 year old Princess Statalina to a KARNEVALSZUG (parade), dressed as Darth!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Going out to dinner tonight for Valentine's day with friends - this has been the best Valentine's yet....I haven't had to cook at least 3 times this week.....one day we had Pizza.

What?? I've cooked a few times this week...average about four per week. I enjoy it. Dad also cooked a lot. For me it's normal!!

Greg

Forum List

Back