The Chick-Fil-A Controversy

Should a city deny a business license due to a 'wrong' political/social stance?

• Yes, I can see a justification for that.

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • No,I can't see a justification for that.

Votes: 69 84.1%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters
^^^ If its okay to ask, why was that person banned? I am asking because at one point they did start giving me a bit of a hard time in a chat that I started here and I don't know why.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

It's good to see an honest "conservative" in this thread.

For reference two guys kissing skeeves most hetero men.

I think the men that it bothers have a lot of problems with their sexuality when they make such obnoxious displays of disgust when two guys kiss. Sort of to reinforce to the world extra loud that they are not gay as if people might somehow think they were lying if they just shrugged it off.

Many men could care less. We're confident in our sexuality. We're not so fucking squeamish and definitely not sissies to be squealing like little piggies when two dudes kiss.

Grow a pair.

The second type of "man" you described does not in any way even remotely resemble a man. Those are homo lefties. OWS parasites. Not men.

Personally I'm not more offended by two lesbians or gay guys kissing than heteros doing the same. In public, imo, just inappropriate. That's me.

Personally I'm not more offended by two lesbians or gay guys kissing than heteros doing the same. In public, imo, just inappropriate. That's me.

Which is exactly what I said, but you said it much better. Certainly inappropriate in the family environment of a fast food restaurant. :)

Which is exactly what I said, but you said it much better. Certainly inappropriate in the family environment of a fast food restaurant. :)

I'm right there with you ladies on this one and have said so several times across these threads ;).

And the beat goes on. . . .

Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Officer’s Chick-fil-A comments investigated

By James Rose, Fox, DFW

DALLAS - A controversy surrounding Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day has come to light at Dallas police headquarters.

Dallas Police Association President Ron Pinkston said Sgt. Mark Johnson of the Southeast Patrol Division brought a Chick-fil-A sandwich to the briefing room last Wednesday.

It was the same day thousands of people across the country went to the restaurant chain as part of an effort to show support for the CEO's stand against gay marriage.

Two lesbian officers filed complaints against the sergeant. They said his comments and actions left them embarrassed and humiliated.

Sgt. Johnson, who has been with the department for 12 years, was transferred. The internal affairs department is investigating the complaints.
Police Officer Punished for Buying Chick-fil-A - Chick-fil-A - Fox Nation

By James Rose, Fox, DFW

DALLAS - A controversy surrounding Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day has come to light at Dallas police headquarters.

Dallas Police Association President Ron Pinkston said Sgt. Mark Johnson of the Southeast Patrol Division brought a Chick-fil-A sandwich to the briefing room last Wednesday.

It was the same day thousands of people across the country went to the restaurant chain as part of an effort to show support for the CEO's stand against gay marriage.

Two lesbian officers filed complaints against the sergeant. They said his comments and actions left them embarrassed and humiliated.

Sgt. Johnson, who has been with the department for 12 years, was transferred. The internal affairs department is investigating the complaints.
Why should that man be the one who has to leave? Them two ladies are the ones with problem, so they should have been the ones who up and left.

God bless you and that man always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

He was eating politically incorrect food and had the audacity to imagine that he could choose for himself what his lunch was going to be.

By James Rose, Fox, DFW

Why should that man be the one who has to leave? Them two ladies are the ones with problem, so they should have been the ones who up and left.

Holly

The whole PC thing gets so ridiculous I would imagine the backlash would delay good will and tolerance rather than encourage it. Reminds of the days of the militant 'feminazis' demanding women's rights. A friend of mine, who worked in a cubicle, put up one of those car ad posters with a sexy, scantily clad girl posed on the hood. It was on the wall with the door so you had to walk into the cubicle and turn around to see the poster. But a couple of militant feminists reported him for creating a hostile work environment because of the blatant sexist content.

I just shake my head at things like that. Do they really think they generate respect and acceptance with that kind of petty nonsense? I doubt that police officer or any of his friends and associates feel more charitable and respectful of the feelings of the two lesbians either.

I doubt that police officer or any of his friends and associates feel more charitable and respectful of the feelings of the two lesbians either.
That's another reason why them ladies should have been the ones to leave. If no one was backing them up, then to me, there was no reason to have that man transfer when it was just two other people having what was more of a personal issue with him instead of having anything to do with his actual work performance.

Holly

Seems like these two female officers should have a tougher skin to work with the public. I assume they were reassigned or offered department training.

What garbage...Not exactly an "underground railroad" meant to "kidnap the children of homosexuals" as Bod dishonestly claims....more like a custody dispute where two dykes split, and one doesn't want her child raised by the other.

"In that tweet, Fischer included the link to a Reuters article printed in the Chicago Tribune about the case of Kenneth Miller, a Virginia-based Mennonite minister who has been charged with aiding and abetting the kidnapping of 10-year-old Isabella Miller-Jenkins.
Isabella's mother, Lisa Miller, reportedly took her daughter to Nicaragua three years ago after losing a series of family court battles in Vermont with Janet Jenkins, her former lesbian partner. The New York Times reported that Miller has been assisted by evangelical groups who endorsed her decision to kidnap her daughter rather than expose her to Jenkins' "homosexual lifestyle."

Yeah, we should let more dykes get married and raise kids. Cuz they're so good at it and all.

An example of what kind of organization and what kind of spokespeople the owner of CFA gives money to:

Bryan Fischer Calls For 'Underground Railroad' Kidnapping To Save Gay Parents' Children

Advocating kidnapping....

But, even so, cities do not have the right to ban these businesses. Boycotts are the way to go.

I agree with the bolded section. From all indications, a boycott is not going to work in this case. I don't think gays defined the issue in a way they could gain sympathy on this one. Pick your battles.

An example of what kind of organization and what kind of spokespeople the owner of CFA gives money to:

Bryan Fischer Calls For 'Underground Railroad' Kidnapping To Save Gay Parents' Children

But, even so, cities do not have the right to ban these businesses. Boycotts are the way to go.
So boycott them. Why shove your perverted preferences in the faces of their loyal customers?

I am boycotting....who has said anything about me "shoving my perverted preferences " in anyone's faces....? You?

I agree with the bolded section. From all indications, a boycott is not going to work in this case. I don't think gays defined the issue in a way they could gain sympathy on this one. Pick your battles.

If a boycott doesn't work, it doesn't work....but we've gone this route before and had a tad more success than, let's say, the Southern Baptist Church with their boycott of Disney.

Forum List

Back