"The Children are fine" Child Protective worker. They were dead.

The "community" isn't about to pay for all of this. The "community" has vacations to plan and well, that new model car has a feature theirs doesn't.

Some do not care and will never care. But many do, but again, the problem is just too diffuse. People cannot see children going in and out of foster care; they don't understand the issue very well unless it immediately impacts them.

But everyone understands an orphanage.

As I said, it would require a societal understanding of the magnitude of the problem and an understanding of the investment and cost savings in the long run. We're either supporting these children in an orphanage OR we're supporting the entire family on welfare, etc, and in the prison pipeline for decades and decades.

How is it working out since we have not had orphanages and mental institutions?

What are the odds of a "societal understanding" when everything these days is broken down along party lines?

You recently started a thread about teacher shortages, I could easily start one about the same for nurses. If we cannot get enough people to fill the slots now, where will we find them to fill the needs for orphanages?

What agenda would that be?

So we just let the kids be abused and die?
So shoveling more money does what?
Does it get people who actually care? Does it get more people willing to work longer hours? Does it change the fact that we have people who have children that should not have them?
What are you yourself doing to help these children?

So you think the people will vote to fund thousands of orphanages?
They will certainly vote to fund mental asylums. Yes, opening orphanages would get more votes than you think. Foster care has not worked out. Perhaps in a board and care facility children might have oversight as to their education. Now, at 18 they are put out on the sidewalk. Most can't even read.

Does it get people who actually care? Does it get more people willing to work longer hours? Does it change the fact that we have people who have children that should not have them?

I responded to the solution of building orphanages. I then asked if people would fund this. If not, it's not a solution is it?

Me? I support all the programs that make life easier for the children. You have never seen me complain about any of my taxes going to that.

An orphanage might actually help. Have a program where retirees can go to the orphanage and mentor these children. Give high school and college credits to those who tutor these children. More can be done to help if there weren't paid fosters who don't want strangers barging into their private homes.

They will certainly vote to fund mental asylums. Yes, opening orphanages would get more votes than you think. Foster care has not worked out. Perhaps in a board and care facility children might have oversight as to their education. Now, at 18 they are put out on the sidewalk. Most can't even read.

If people will great. I have my doubts. The asylums closed in the first place in part because we would not fund them adequately.

They will certainly vote to fund mental asylums. Yes, opening orphanages would get more votes than you think.

I think you are crazy. People will not vote to pay more taxes to have mental asylums or orphanages. These people you think will vote for that are the same ones that vote against every tax hike to pay for our current schools.

So you think the people will vote to fund thousands of orphanages?
Florida has no state income tax. And DeSatis revoking Disneys special status is going to COST Florida hundreds of millions.
Florida gets most of its money from sales and excise taxes (ex: tourism). So getting people to pay for orphanages is not going to be easy.

If people will great. I have my doubts. The asylums closed in the first place in part because we would not fund them adequately.
Not that I recall. The asylum were closed as a result of an ACLU lawsuit claiming it was unconstitutional to hold someone against their will unless they have committed a crime. The plan was to have small clinics where the mentally ill would get medicines, oversight and help. That was the part that was never adequately funded. The clinics never materialized - in that capacity. When clinics were funded their function was to make taking street drugs safe by passing out needles and now quality crackbpipes. They also give users a place to shoot up that will act quickly of they OD.

Not that I recall. The asylum were closed as a result of an ACLU lawsuit claiming it was unconstitutional to hold someone against their will unless they have committed a crime. The plan was to have small clinics where the mentally ill would get medicines, oversight and help. That was the part that was never adequately funded. The clinics never materialized - in that capacity. When clinics were funded their function was to make taking street drugs safe by passing out needles and now quality crackbpipes. They also give users a place to shoot up that will act quickly of they OD.

You are right that the promised follow up to closing the asylums was never actually followed up on. That costs money.

The ACLU argument was that they can not be held without due process but that can be done. Many who have gone on and committed mass shootings have committed acts in the past that could be presented in court as a reason to hold them.

And the bitch is still alive! Why hasn't SHE been hogtied and strangled??

Florida has the horrible vice of being the "sponge" for illegals from islands, Cuba, and Europeans.
So, yeah, it's going to have a higher rate of child abuse and murder. Illegals can kill, maim, and destroy at will, and the government will NOT do anything!

And the bitch is still alive! Why hasn't SHE been hogtied and strangled??

Florida has the horrible vice of being the "sponge" for illegals from islands, Cuba, and Europeans.
So, yeah, it's going to have a higher rate of child abuse and murder. Illegals can kill, maim, and destroy at will, and the government will NOT do anything!

Nothing indicates this person was here illegally but rant away, that will fix thngs.

I responded to the solution of building orphanages. I then asked if people would fund this. If not, it's not a solution is it?

Me? I support all the programs that make life easier for the children. You have never seen me complain about any of my taxes going to that.
So you agree that you only want to throw money at the problem in the hopes it will somehow fix itself. You do not feel a need to be a big brother to any child. You do not want to be a social worker. You do not want to set up a charity or work on an over site committee .
I like how you made sure to bring the governor of Florida and abortion into your first post then feign ignorance of any agenda.

Funny that you only listed orphanages as a plan and throwing money at what you claim is a problem yet you are not willing to get personally involved.

Forum List

Back