"The Children are fine" Child Protective worker. They were dead.

So many angles here. I am NOT just picking on Florida as there are problems everywhere but Florida does seem to have more than their share of these kinds of problems.

It seems to me that if DeSantis was truly pro-life this would be something at the top of his list to address.

Will anyone be held accountable? Not likely.

Florida child welfare agency said the kids were doing fine. Actually, they were dead
Dont blame DeSantis for the misdeeds of libs who run government offices like child welfare

So you agree that you only want to throw money at the problem in the hopes it will somehow fix itself. You do not feel a need to be a big brother to any child. You do not want to be a social worker. You do not want to set up a charity or work on an over site committee .
I like how you made sure to bring the governor of Florida and abortion into your first post then feign ignorance of any agenda.

Funny that you only listed orphanages as a plan and throwing money at what you claim is a problem yet you are not willing to get personally involved.

I chuckle at responses like this. One notes a huge major problem and someone (yourself) doesn't like it being pointed out so they (you) dismiss it by pointing out that I haven't fixed it myself.

What we are doing isn't working.
That can be said of most problems. But the question is what direction to go in. Do you continue the path you're on, or do you reverse course?
What seems logical isn't always the case. Take a twin engine plane that loses an engine on takeoff. Logic says to compensate for the lost engine by applying more power to the remaining engine, but that's the wrong thing to do.

I chuckle at responses like this. One notes a huge major problem and someone (yourself) doesn't like it being pointed out so they (you) dismiss it by pointing out that I haven't fixed it myself.
I think the point being why do we always look to Government to fix our problems. They arent very good at it.

It's the argument, if you support the US sending billions of dollars of weapons to Ukraine, why don't you go over there an give them a hand.

I think the point being why do we always look to Government to fix our problems. They arent very good at it.
Actually, government in the right hands can do a very good job. The problem is that republicans don't believe in government, so they actually put people who don't believe in government, in charge.
They purposefully screw up the agencies they're running, that way government FAILS, and republicans get to point out that government doesn't work.

I think you are crazy. People will not vote to pay more taxes to have mental asylums or orphanages. These people you think will vote for that are the same ones that vote against every tax hike to pay for our current schools.
We Americans occasionally get to vote for whether to increase taxes or not, but most times the government spends vast sums without any input from the people. How else could Wall Street and the MIC receive such enormous sums of tax payer dollars?

Last edited:
So we want to bring back a failed venture? I get we may be able to do it better but I personally have my doubts. Especially if they will be managed and run by the Government.

I have my doubts also but we get nowhere unless we decide to actually address the issue.

It's the argument, if you support the US sending billions of dollars of weapons to Ukraine, why don't you go over there an give them a hand.

I don't support it. I didn't support it anywhere we did that.

Actually, government in the right hands can do a very good job. The problem is that republicans don't believe in government, so they actually put people who don't believe in government, in charge.
They purposefully screw up the agencies they're running, that way government FAILS, and republicans get to point out that government doesn't work.

This isnt a D vs R problem. Both sides have had control numerous times neither has fixed these problems. The Dems have control right now. Why havent they fixed it? They had control when Obama was President didnt fix it then. What stopped them? What's stopped them from fixing these problems in NY, CA, HI etc? Those are and have been solidly blue for decades. Federal agencies only have the power that the Congress grants them. That's a bullshit cop out answer.

Funny that you pretend that I some how think that I want you to fix it yourself. Exactly where did I say that? I asked if you had helped in anyway to fix the problem. I was a big brother for almost twenty years. I gave to charities to help. I even spent 2 years on a citizen over site committee looking at social workers reports that recommended actions. So to claim that I was unaware of or hated this being pointed out is just you trying to pretend you are the only one interested in the problem. You are also trying to say that paying your part of taxes is somehow fixing a problem and you do not have to get personally involved

Funny that you pretend that I some how think that I want you to fix it yourself. Exactly where did I say that? I asked if you had helped in anyway to fix the problem. I was a big brother for almost twenty years. I gave to charities to help. I even spent 2 years on a citizen over site committee looking at social workers reports that recommended actions. So to claim that I was unaware of or hated this being pointed out is just you trying to pretend you are the only one interested in the problem. You are also trying to say that paying your part of taxes is somehow fixing a problem and you do not have to get personally involved

I had already addressed this many times.

This isnt a D vs R problem. Both sides have had control numerous times neither has fixed these problems. The Dems have control right now. Why havent they fixed it? They had control when Obama was President didnt fix it then. What stopped them? What's stopped them from fixing these problems in NY, CA, HI etc? Those are and have been solidly blue for decades. Federal agencies only have the power that the Congress grants them. That's a bullshit cop out answer.

Republicans realize that demographics is putting them in the minority. It's a population inevitability.
So they invoked a strategy to gerrymander control, and to stoke fear. Plus they intentionally sabotage the workings of government, to show the people that government doesn't work.

Forum List

Back