The Christian American Dream (Theocracy)

Read it, he's speaking of Divorce.

"3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the refinancing. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

You're stupid, and I'll tell you why. You're partly correct, which is typical leftist cherry picking. He is asked about divorce. He then teaches how marriage came to be. You can't have a divorce without a marriage. That's why you're stupid. Now read verse 4 repeatedly until you get it.

He spoke of what was marriage then, that's all. On that you are correct, but he never spoke out against gay marriage, and what Rome did, according to him, was the business of Rome.

He never spoke out against crucifixion either, and damn it, you surely think he would have, huh.

Only a freaking nazi would justify forcing Christian affiliated companies like Catholic universities, the Salvation Army and small companies run by Christians to furnish chemical compounds intended to kill unborn humans. Buy the crap yourselves if you want to risk going to hell but don't expect religious affiliated organizations to give up their beliefs.

In rereading this I'm going to make a retraction:

Originally Posted by Ibentoken

"Jesus said marriage is a man and woman. So according to you Jesus is a homophobic bigot. You're confused."

Jesus does indeed describe "marriage" as between a man and a woman, for life, except in the case of adultery. You are correct. That doesn't make Jesus anything at all BTW, but a man of his time. I misread your statement as "Only between a man and a woman" which he did not say. My mistake.

Last edited:
You're stupid, and I'll tell you why. You're partly correct, which is typical leftist cherry picking. He is asked about divorce. He then teaches how marriage came to be. You can't have a divorce without a marriage. That's why you're stupid. Now read verse 4 repeatedly until you get it.
He spoke of what was marriage then, that's all. On that you are correct, but he never spoke out against gay marriage, and what Rome did, according to him, was the business of Rome.

He never spoke out against crucifixion either, and damn it, you surely think he would have, huh.
It's not really odd at all. That was a Roman thing and he was focused on God.

But there is no attack on Christianity. We are all imagining it;)

I think the OP is trying to bring you back to the God of the Bible since that's what Christians claim they really want.

As for what I think? My guess is that if this were to ever happen, a flood of Conservative Christians would be clamoring for bleeding-heart liberal Democrats to save them from their strident, uncompromising leaders and the oppressive rules being forced on them.

That's funny. A Marxist talking about God's oppressive rules. Made my day. The founders were very oppressive, huh.

Take a look at any theocracy. They're not exactly pluralistic in their outlook. You're either living according to God's will (as they define it), or you're not. Guess what generally happens if you're not.

And it's Groucho Marxism, dufus! That's considerably different from Karl Marxism.

Jesus said marriage is a man and woman. So according to you Jesus is a homophobic bigot. You're confused.

Jesus does indeed describe "marriage" as between a man and a woman, for life, except in the case of adultery. You are correct. That doesn't make Jesus anything at all BTW, but a man of his time. I read your statement as "Only between a man and a woman" which he did not say. My mistake.

I appreciate that. You're not stupid. People today have the right to believe that gay marriage is wrong. Many leftists would love to remove that freedom of religion claus, huh.

That is incorrect. There is a "right" to birth control. There is just no right to force someone else to buy it for you.
Fair enough. In his mind the "right" was that someone provided it to you, versus your "right" which is you allowed to access it, and for all I know both of you would prefer that everyone pay for it themselves instead of collectively.

Yes. I think you just made my point. The state can have their laws and God has his. Doesn't matter what the state says marriage is. Christians have the right to what they believe marriage is.

Jesus said marriage is a man and woman. So according to you Jesus is a homophobic bigot. You're confused.

Jesus does indeed describe "marriage" as between a man and a woman, for life, except in the case of adultery. You are correct. That doesn't make Jesus anything at all BTW, but a man of his time. I read your statement as "Only between a man and a woman" which he did not say. My mistake.

I appreciate that. You're not stupid. People today have the right to believe that gay marriage is wrong. Many leftists would love to remove that freedom of religion claus, huh.
I would like to see much more religion expressed on the public square, a great deal more knowledge of all faiths being shared, and comparative religion taught to all children from junior high school onward. You can't understand humanity without understanding its religions. Let the Catholics hold Mass on one side and the Satanists hold a Black Mass on the other. That ought to get the conversation started...

Yes. I think you just made my point. The state can have their laws and God has his. Doesn't matter what the state says marriage is. Christians have the right to what they believe marriage is.

And they are welcome to do so but they are not welcome to make Biblical law into American law. We have people for that.

I would like to see much more religion expressed on the public square, a great deal more knowledge of all faiths being shared, and comparative religion taught to all children from junior high school onward. You can't understand humanity without understanding its religions. Let the Catholics hold Mass on one side and the Satanists hold a Black Mass on the other. That ought to get the conversation started...

Things are about to get really interesting soon.

That is incorrect. There is a "right" to birth control. There is just no right to force someone else to buy it for you.
Fair enough. In his mind the "right" was that someone provided it to you, versus your "right" which is you allowed to access it, and for all I know both of you would prefer that everyone pay for it themselves instead of collectively.

I would prefer people buy health care however they want to, indivisually or collectively. Any coverage they like, across State lines and without any government mandates or force of any kind. (though not without government oversite)

If Jesus was alive today he'd sue the American Christians, for defamation.

They are busy denouncing the faggots and checking their stock performance while they wait for their order of clams. They will of course remember to say Grace, to a god who told them not to do any of the three.

Jesus never said anything of the kind. You are putting words in his mouth, just like you do for everyone else.

What Jesus would have said is what Rome does is up to Rome, your only concern is the Kingdom (meaning Reign) of God. If you'd stop trying to make Christianity, the parts you agree with that is, into Law, a whole lot of people would respect Christians a whole lot more. Not me of course but many.

It's forbidden in the Old Testament(Leviticus), is that not proof enough for you, anti-semite?

What are you going to say next, that Hitler never said anything specifically about gassing Jews?

Paul, one of Christ's apostles, and one of the Early Church Father's was clear on the matter:

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God (1 Cor. 6:9–10).

Last edited:

Things are about to get really interesting soon.

The final Season of Walking Dead?

I see the racist far left Taliban is still at it.

Yet they must believe that they live in a Democracy.

But then again the far left religious Theology is proving that is the most dangerous in the world.

I've gotta tell a very abbreviated story which plugs right in to this.

Back in the 90s, I was working for a fortune 500 company. I suppose I thought they had what one might call a liberated outlook due to all their talk and training about pluralism etc. They also had a fair amount of gays working there, and a LOT of them were out of the closet. Some of them were actually fairly militant and vocal too.

BUT, oddly enough, the company had a LARGE number of fundamentalist Christians working there too. Many people had Bibles right on their desk, prominently displayed. Others would use a work setting for proselytizing. At any rate, this one guy kept coming over to my work area on his breaks and talking about Jesus this and Jesus that to a woman who sat next to me (while also talking about other issues near and dear to the religious right). At first I put up with it because I thought it was just a passing thing (it wasn't), and because he was an old friend (who at one point told me that God told him we could no longer be friends, probably because I wouldn't become what he considered to be a Christian in good standing as far as he was concerned). So, although I didn't want to do it, I finally complained to management. Well, he tried to turn it into a religious freedom issue. However, I had made it clear from the very beginning that I wasn't trying to stop him from doing what he was doing. I just wanted him to take it someplace else while I was trying to work. I suggested that he be allowed to use any open conference room before, during, and after business hours where he could invite ANYONE he chose to invite. I even said it was perfectly fine with me if they had prayer meetings etc. So, I wasn't trying to create a religious free workplace by any stretch of the imagination. I just wanted to be able to work without that kind of distraction in much the same way that I wouldn't want any distraction.

What struck me the most was this: while I was just looking for an accommodation that would give everyone what he really needed to make the work place a functioning environment where everyone would be able to fit in without feeling marginalized or disrespected, this guy was NOT interested in compromise of any kind. He wanted to be able to turn the workplace into a zone where he could talk about Jesus and his faith whenever he pleased under any circumstances he pleased, regardless of what anyone else thought or whether they liked it or not. It was a real learning experience.

To put an end to the story, eventually he agreed to take it somewhere else. But I always had a funny feeling I had put a target on my back for doing what I did because I KNOW the other Christians didn't like what I did.

Last edited:
There are annoying evangelistic Christians in society who want to convert you just as there are annoying homosexual pedophiles who want to show you pictures of young boys. Society is a bitch. Christians probably share their outrage with Muslems and Hindus and Native American cultures in not wanting to be forced to participate in the killing of the unborn by supplying their employees with poison. Buy it yourself and go to hell.

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19) ABOMINATION

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10). I wonder if Dr. Laura would like that one to be enforced?

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27) Harry Potter, Hermone…??

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

Having a bad hair day? or just being a clueless jerk

1383656_7704094996527911.jpg

Read your bible, Christians, are you sure about ALL the rules??

The point being-- todays Christian Americans pick and choose which rules they will follow, usually based on their own fears and insecurities.

As much as I'd like to stone that whore Palin's daughter, not for the baby but for being fat and going on dancing with the stars and for her mother and because she is not a star, but as much as I like the idea, that's old testament. I don't think the new testament talks about stoning.

What I hate about the bible or christians is they think they can sin all they want and still go to heaven. Talk about a get out of jail/hell free card. So they don't even really have to be good people. Any sins they have done or will do is ok because hey, we're just humans. But because they believe he jesus lie they get into heaven. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back