The Christian American Dream (Theocracy)

Jesus said marriage is a man and woman. So according to you Jesus is a homophobic bigot. You're confused.
Jesus never said anything of the kind. You are putting words in his mouth, just like you do for everyone else.

What Jesus would have said is what Rome does is up to Rome, your only concern is the Kingdom (meaning Reign) of God. If you'd stop trying to make Christianity, the parts you agree with that is, into Law, a whole lot of people would respect Christians a whole lot more. Not me of course but many.

GENESIS 1:26
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

GENESIS 1:27-28
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it."

Who do you think US refers to? It really annoying to see people speak on a subject they really know nothing about, particularly the Bible.
Us = God and his minions, but not Jesus, the son of God. And we are not made in the image of God, that is pure human ego at work. Why would a being beyond time and space make teeny tiny copies of himself to dig around in the dirt and shit in the woods? Answer, he wouldn't, it's moronic. It doesn't even sound like a god, and certainly not one worthy of praise.

And I prefer the other creation story better, where a-dam (man in Hebrew, it had no capital letters) was created first.

ā-ḏām אָדָ֛ם man

http://biblehub.com/text/genesis/1-26.htm

Last edited:
It is amazing how these racists complain about the 1st amendment and then go on their rants of hatred of anything that is not part of the far left Taliban.

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19) ABOMINATION

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10). I wonder if Dr. Laura would like that one to be enforced?

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27) Harry Potter, Hermone…??

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

Sure would thin out the herd.

If Jesus was alive today he'd sue the American Christians, for defamation.

They are busy denouncing the faggots and checking their stock performance while they wait for their order of clams. They will of course remember to say Grace, to a god who told them not to do any of the three.

Jesus said marriage is a man and woman. So according to you Jesus is a homophobic bigot. You're confused.

Can you point out where Jesus said that?

They are busy denouncing the faggots and checking their stock performance while they wait for their order of clams. They will of course remember to say Grace, to a god who told them not to do any of the three.

Jesus never said anything of the kind. You are putting words in his mouth, just like you do for everyone else.

What Jesus would have said is what Rome does is up to Rome, your only concern is the Kingdom (meaning Reign) of God. If you'd stop trying to make Christianity, the parts you agree with that is, into Law, a whole lot of people would respect Christians a whole lot more. Not me of course but many.

Read Matthew 19. Idiot.

hasn't this ALREADY been posted?

the left are some the ugliest and the ones tearing this country down

But there is no attack on Christianity. We are all imagining it;)

I think the OP is trying to bring you back to the God of the Bible since that's what Christians claim they really want.

As for what I think? My guess is that if this were to ever happen, a flood of Conservative Christians would be clamoring for bleeding-heart liberal Democrats to save them from their strident, uncompromising leaders and the oppressive rules being forced on them.

1383656_7704094996527911.jpg

Read your bible, Christians, are you sure about ALL the rules??

The point being-- todays Christian Americans pick and choose which rules they will follow, usually based on their own fears and insecurities.

Great idea...then we could excommunicate your flabby ass.

Can you point out where Jesus said that?

Matthew 19.

hasn't this ALREADY been posted?

the left are some the ugliest and the ones tearing this country down

But there is no attack on Christianity. We are all imagining it;)

I think the OP is trying to bring you back to the God of the Bible since that's what Christians claim they really want.

As for what I think? My guess is that if this were to ever happen, a flood of Conservative Christians would be clamoring for bleeding-heart liberal Democrats to save them from their strident, uncompromising leaders and the oppressive rules being forced on them.

That's funny. A Marxist talking about God's oppressive rules. Made my day. The founders were very oppressive, huh.

Last edited:

Read Matthew 19. Idiot.
Read it, he's speaking of Divorce.

"3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Christian conservatives want the 1st Amendment to be a Christian trump card when an issue comes down to Christian rights vs. non-Christian or non-religious rights.

There is no right to birth control, moron.
That is correct but there is no reason not to included birth control in normal health insurance plans. Most women will be on it most of their lives, and it very much can affect, both good and bad, their health.

Read Matthew 19. Idiot.

"3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the refinancing. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

You're stupid, and I'll tell you why. You're partly correct, which is typical leftist cherry picking. He is asked about divorce. He then teaches how marriage came to be. You can't have a divorce without a marriage. That's why you're stupid. Now read verse 4 repeatedly until you get it.

Last edited:
Theocracy exists only in the bigoted fearful minds of the low information radical left.
It's a bit closer than that but it's not a serious threat. The problem is it is done casually, without thinking, by religious people who have trouble understanding that we are a secular nation, open and tolerant of faith, but not when it screws with the functions of good government. We have a Democratic Pluralistic Morality, Christian Morality is for Christians...

Leave it to the low information radical left to have it backwards and upside down. The (mostly Christian) Founding Fathers created the 1st Amendment concept of freedom of religion to prevent the government from creating a theocracy and at the same time granting the people the freedom to practice religion without interference or decrees by the government.

Read Matthew 19. Idiot.

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the refinancing. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

You're stupid, and I'll tell you why. You're partly correct, which is typical leftist cherry picking. He is asked about divorce. He then teaches how marriage came to be. You can't have a divorce without a marriage. That's why you're stupid. Now read verse 4 repeatedly until you get it.

He spoke of what was marriage then, that's all. On that you are correct, but he never spoke out against gay marriage, and what Rome did, according to him, was the business of Rome.

Last edited:
Christian conservatives want the 1st Amendment to be a Christian trump card when an issue comes down to Christian rights vs. non-Christian or non-religious rights.

There is no right to birth control, moron.
That is correct but there is no reason not to included birth control in normal health insurance plans. Most women will be on it most of their lives, and it very much can affect, both good and bad, their health.

That is incorrect. There is a "right" to birth control. There is just no right to force someone else to buy it for you.

The Hobby Lobby case was about abortion. Specifically abortifacients. While I'm pro-choice myself I do understand that life begins at conception. However that's science not theology.

Forum List

Back