The Christian Tithe ripoff.

The Christian tithe can make you feel spiritual , like giving the money actually builds character.

Giving money is a way to grow spiritually? Oh so now we can buy our spirituality?
...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts of 1844
3rd paragraph

http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1844/manuscripts/needs.htm

What is "supernatural protection while doing missions"? I've never heard of that before. As for healing through prayer, well, if prayer worked, then everyone would get healed, which they don't. 3 out of 3 billion who pray is simply happenstance more than anything else, lol. As for people coming back from the dead, what proof is there that an invisible person intervened? Anything?
But what you're saying is that if I have faith that aliens exist, so can you have faith that your god exists? So you base your proof on something you thing is bogus (my supposed faith of aliens)? Not a very strong argument, brah.
What proof would you accept for God's existence?

What is "supernatural protection while doing missions"? I've never heard of that before. As for healing through prayer, well, if prayer worked, then everyone would get healed, which they don't. 3 out of 3 billion who pray is simply happenstance more than anything else, lol. As for people coming back from the dead, what proof is there that an invisible person intervened? Anything?
But what you're saying is that if I have faith that aliens exist, so can you have faith that your god exists? So you base your proof on something you thing is bogus (my supposed faith of aliens)? Not a very strong argument, brah.
Something that would be accepted
Something real that could be accepted in a court of law as real evidence would probably do it.

What is "supernatural protection while doing missions"? Or did you just make that up?

Something real that could be accepted in a court of law as real evidence would probably do it.

What is "supernatural protection while doing missions"? Or did you just make that up?
Ok, tell me exactly what you would accept. Be specific. Because I don't think you can do it because I don't think there is anything you will accept. So why don't we cut to the chase and you just admit, that there is nothing you will accept.

Ok, tell me exactly what you would accept. Be specific. Because I don't think you can do it because I don't think there is anything you will accept. So why don't we cut to the chase and you just admit, that there is nothing you will accept.
I just told you: something that could be accepted in a court of law as real evidence. What don't you understand?
What is "supernatural protection while doing missions"? You make that up?

I just told you: something that could be accepted in a court of law as real evidence. What don't you understand?
No. You didn't. You laid out parameters for that something. Ok, let's test it. God comes down from heaven and introduces Himself to you in person. Would that be enough for you?

No. You didn't. You laid out parameters for that something. Ok, let's test it. God comes down from heaven and introduces Himself to you in person. Would that be enough for you?
Yes, because an actual person is accepted in a court of law to give testimony... be evidence himself because you can actually see him and touch him.

What is "supernatural protection while doing missions"? You too embarrassed to say?

Yes, because an actual person is accepted in a court of law to give testimony... be evidence himself because you can actually see him and touch him.

What is "supernatural protection while doing missions"? You too embarrassed to say?
What is "supernatural protection while doing missions"? I have no idea, but Catholic thought teaches that each of us has a guardian angel. Maybe it is something like that.

So would you accept something He created as evidence?

Today is rip off day at most churches. Some of them don't use collection plates ,they use "Buckets."

Milking people like cows.

...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts of 1844
3rd paragraph

http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1844/manuscripts/needs.htm

If you can prove that "He" created it.

What is "supernatural protection while doing missions"? Answer or lose all credibility.

Today millions of dollars will be drained from the believing masses on earth. Literally none of them will ever see their money again.

What is "supernatural protection while doing missions"? Answer or lose all credibility.
Let me flip that around, If you can't prove He didn't create it why would you dismiss it as possible evidence. When police investigate a murder scene they examine all evidence. They don't know who left it, but they still regard it as evidence. They use reason and logic to figure out what the evidence means. Basically, you would like to skip that process and go straight to dismissing the evidence.

Let me flip that around, If you can't prove He didn't create it why would you dismiss it as possible evidence. When police investigate a murder scene they examine all evidence. They don't know who left it, but they still regard it as evidence. They use reason and logic to figure out what the evidence means. Basically, you would like to skip that process and go straight to dismissing the evidence.
I'm an agnostic, I don't think that the existence of a god has been proven either way to exist or to not exist. There is simply not enough real, concrete evidence to confirm any of this. That's why atheists are deluded as well, because there's also no proof that a god CAN'T exist. So the only logical position is to be an agnostic, i.e., we see no proof either way, and personally, if I ever get real proof either way, I'm open to changing my mind. Can't be any fairer than that. If I get burned for eternity for that, well, then I have to conclude that god is a total idiot.

As for your scenario, the cops wouldn't arrest anyone, yet, because they have insufficient evidence to do so. But ya, they save what evidence they have until the day when maybe they'll be able to build a case.

Last edited:

I'm an agnostic, I don't think that the existence of a god has been proven either way to exist or to not exist. There is simply not enough real, concrete evidence to confirm any of this. That's why atheists are deluded as well, because there's also no proof that a god CAN'T exist. So the only logical position is to be an agnostic, i.e., we see no proof either way, and personally, if I ever get real proof either way, I'm open to changing my mind. Can't be any fairer than that. If I get burned for eternity for that, well, then I have to conclude that god is an total idiot.
Based on my observations of your comments in our discussions, I don't believe you are not agnostic. Be honest.

But there is evidence. Mind you I'm not saying it proves His existence. I am saying that if He does exist, then evidence can be found through reason and your own experience. Humor me and I'll show you. Answer these questions honestly and you may become agnostic.

When you create something, can that creation be used as evidence?

When you create something is your creation the realization of your intention? In other words if you set out to make a cell phone do you end up making a turkey dinner?

When you create something, do you do it in steps? Or does it just magically appear?

Do more complex creations require more steps? Does it take more steps to create a cell phone than it does a turkey dinner?

Do more complex creations require intelligence? Is more inetlligence required to make a cell phone than a turkey dinner?

Can I learn anything about you by your creation?

Can I learn how many steps you had to take?

Can I learn what your level of intelligence was from what you created?

Can I learn what the purpose of your creation was?

So let's say I found something and did not know who made it, could I not analyze what I found and learn something from it. Isn't this what police do when they investigate a crime scene?

Last edited:
...Can't be any fairer than that. If I get burned for eternity for that, well, then I have to conclude that god is a total idiot....
Do you remember the scene in Batman with Morgan Freeman? The one where this employee walks up and says he has figured out that Bruce Wayne was batman and he was going to extort him for money to keep his secret? Do you remember what Morgan Freeman said to him? Your conversation with God where you tell Him what an idiot He is for not giving you enough information to believe in Him is going to be very similar to that. Now, do you really believe that is a good plan?

Last edited:

I'm an agnostic, I don't think that the existence of a god has been proven either way to exist or to not exist. There is simply not enough real, concrete evidence to confirm any of this. That's why atheists are deluded as well, because there's also no proof that a god CAN'T exist. So the only logical position is to be an agnostic, i.e., we see no proof either way, and personally, if I ever get real proof either way, I'm open to changing my mind. Can't be any fairer than that. If I get burned for eternity for that, well, then I have to conclude that god is an total idiot.
Based on my observations of your comments in our discussions, I don't believe you are not agnostic. Be honest.

But there is evidence. Mind you I'm not saying it proves His existence. I am saying that if He does exist, then evidence can be found through reason and your own experience. Humor me and I'll show you. Answer these questions honestly and you may become agnostic.

When you create something, can that creation be used as evidence?

When you create something is your creation the realization of your intention? In other words if you set out to make a cell phone do you end up making a turkey dinner?

When you create something, do you do it in steps? Or does it just magically appear?

Do more complex creations require more steps? Does it take more steps to create a cell phone than it does a turkey dinner?

Do more complex creations require intelligence? Is more inetlligence required to make a cell phone than a turkey dinner?

Can I learn anything about you by your creation?

Can I learn how many steps you had to take?

Can I learn what your level of intelligence was from what you created?

Can I learn what the purpose of your creation was?

So let's say I found something and did not know who made it, could I not analyze what I found and learn something from it. Isn't this what police do when they investigate a crime scene?
"So let's say I found something and did not know who made it". So you're admitting that you don't know who made the universe? Good for you, you're heading in the right direction.

"When you create something, do you do it in steps? Or does it just magically appear?" One of the things I do is that I'm a songwriter and songs just come to me, sometimes in steps/over days, sometimes just like that, magically, if you will.

"Do more complex creations require more steps? Does it take more steps to create a cell phone than it does a turkey dinner?" A turkey dinner is a complex thing to make, grow the food and animal... transport... it might be easier to make a cell phone, lol. So, no.

"Do more complex creations require intelligence?" Probably, but complex things are sometimes made by very ordinary people. "Is more inetlligence required to make a cell phone than a turkey dinner?" probably not. We went to the moon with less computing power than it takes to send an email.

"Can I learn anything about you by your creation?" About as much as you can learn about Picasso by looking at his paintings, which isn't much. And if I look at a cell phone, I have no idea who or what the person is who made, no clue at all.

"Can I learn how many steps you had to take?" No.

"Can I learn what your level of intelligence was from what you created?" Possibly, but someone extremely intelligent might paint like a chimp.

"Can I learn what the purpose of your creation was?" No always.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back