Zone1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the only true and living Church today

I really hate the spell check. That’s not what I typed. It was “Really sad commentary on people’s morals.
I hope you are not commenting on my morals. I wanted to become a Mormon. I was disappointed by what I discovered.

The first thing I read about the Book of Abraham was a fairly long essay by Hugh Nimbly. That, and that alone, led me to suspect that the Book of Abraham was a fraud.
Hugh Nibley didn’t know about the lost pages. And, it’s his opinion. But, as you read much more, you will find out a lot more. The translation of the Book of Abraham didn’t come from what was copied. Nibley was a brilliant scholar, but human as well. We have so much more now and you should have an open mind, not double mind.

Hugh Nibley didn’t know about the lost pages. And, it’s his opinion. But, as you read much more, you will find out a lot more. The translation of the Book of Abraham didn’t come from what was copied. Nibley was a brilliant scholar, but human as well. We have so much more now and you should have an open mind, not double mind.
According to Joseph Smith the Book of Abraham was translated in part from what he copied on pages 28, 36, and 41. of the Book of Abraham.

Competent Egyptian scholars found very different meanings in those facsimiles.

A while ago I read an interesting essay by someone who converted to Mormonism, and then left after he learned what I have about the Church of Latter Day Saints.

He said that converting to Mormonism is buying a beautiful Victorian mansion without examining its foundations. Finally you go down into the basement and discover a lot of things you did not want to see.

Mormons are the most chaste Christian denomination. That is one of the things I admire about them, and one of the reasons I wanted to become a Mormon.
Mormons slaughtered a wagon train and blamed it on Indians.

Your founder was a child bride fucker.

Brigham Young had multiple wives.

According to Joseph Smith the Book of Abraham was translated in part from what he copied on pages 28, 36, and 41. of the Book of Abraham.

Competent Egyptian scholars found very different meanings in those facsimiles.
Do you know how to translate or write scripture with God? Again, define translation. As you will find out, translation with God really means “inspiration.” There is more than that if you read what I’ve lead you to.
As far as people leaving, they leave because of tithing and other things they don’t want to follow. It’s not easy getting into the Celestial Kingdom. I’ve read and am confident the Pearl of Great Price is inspired of and by God. The Holy Ghost confirms this to me.

We do know that Joseph Smith claimed that the facsimiles on pages 28, 36, and 41 of the Book of Abraham came from the manuscripts he had in his positions. We also know from the writing of credible scholars of ancient Egyptian writing that they came from the Book of Breathing, and that Joseph Smith's explanation was fraudulent.

Egyptian scholars working independently came to the same conclusions.

In other words, it was not necessary to have a fragment of the manuscript Joseph Smith claimed to translate to prove that he was a fraud. All that was needed was a copy of The Book of Breathings and the ability to translate it.

The Book of Abraham is a nail in the coffin for any credibility in the LDS church.

Really.

Do you know how to translate or write scripture with God? Again, define translation. As you will find out, translation with God really means “inspiration.” There is more than that if you read what I’ve lead you to.
As far as people leaving, they leave because of tithing and other things they don’t want to follow. It’s not easy getting into the Celestial Kingdom. I’ve read and am confident the Pearl of Great Price is inspired of and by God. The Holy Ghost confirms this to me.

Folks, this is what they do. This is the sad reality of the LDS church. And it deceives many.

Met with total fabrication--I mean complete lies--the LDS church tells people to read their documents and wait for the "burning in their bosom" to tell them that they're right.

This is bunk.

It depends on their own capricious human emotions and experience, not the God who is Eternal. And they shore this up, just as CB admitted here, by convincing people they can "buy" and "earn" their way into the Celestial Kingdom, where all their family is.

Mormons are decent people, by and large. It's sad to see them pulled into lies.

Last edited:
Mormons slaughtered a wagon train and blamed it on Indians.

Your founder was a child bride fucker.

Brigham Young had multiple wives.
If you read many of my posts in this thread you would know that I never became a Mormon. I investigated the Mormon faith and discovered that it was the fabrication of a brilliant charlatan.

The Book of Mormon claims to be a detailed history of pre Columian history from 600 B.C. to about 421 A.D. There is no evidence that any of the events recorded in The Book of Mormon happened, and much evidence that it did not.

The Book of Abraham was not translated from a document witten by Abraham about his travels in Egypt. The manuscript Joseph Smith claimed to translate from was really the Book of Breathing. It makes no mention of Abraham. It mentions ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses.

I wanted to become a Mormon. I was disappointed to learn that it was not true. Mormonism is not true for the reasons I have posted here.

Mormons believe the first humans came from Missouri and that Native Americans came from Israel

If you’re going to make claims that are obviously and objectively false, you better have a good story to back it up, not some bullshit about a shyster reading magic tablets out of a hat that only he can see

Mormons believe the first humans came from Missouri and that Native Americans came from Israel

If you’re going to make claims that are obviously and objectively false, you better have a good story to back it up, not some bullshit about a shyster reading magic tablets out of a hat that only he can see

I believe he looked at magic ROCKS in that hat

DNA evidence clearly connects the American Indians with people living today in northern Siberia.

Fossil evidence indicates that the first humans evolved in Africa.

I was first proselytized by two Mormon missionaries when I was sixteen years old. Since then I have talked to a number of Mormon missionaries. They are nice people. Nevertheless, it soon becomes obvious that I know more about their religion than they do. I usually need to tell them about the Book of Abraham, and how it proves that Joseph Smith was a charlatan.

I believe he looked at magic ROCKS in that hat
Yeah, well, either way…

He couldn’t repeat the “translation” when Lucy Harris hid his handwritten copy

Mankind would be better off if history had had more Lucy Harris’s around to call religions (all religions) out on their stupid, illogical bullshit

Of course you aren’t. You act like a scholar but not even close. You want the truth, do so with real intent rather than trying to destroy people’s testimonies with false information.
So did the Native Americans come from Israel?

Really?

You’re really going to get behind that?

Really?

Yeah, well, either way…

He couldn’t repeat the “translation” when Lucy Harris hid his handwritten copy

Mankind would be better off if history had had more Lucy Harris’s around to call religions (all religions) out on their stupid, illogical bullshit

"No religion" is also very much a religion. Being here "by accident" is its own strange belief.

Forum List

Back