Zone1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the only true and living Church today

Folks, this is what they do. This is the sad reality of the LDS church. And it deceives many.

Met with total fabrication--I mean complete lies--the LDS church tells people to read their documents and wait for the "burning in their bosom" to tell them that they're right.

This is bunk.

It depends on their own capricious human emotions and experience, not the God who is Eternal. And they shore this up, just as CB admitted here, by convincing people they can "buy" and "earn" their way into the Celestial Kingdom, where all their family is.

Mormons are decent people, by and large. It's sad to see them pulled into lies.
Does the Bible also say to pray to the Father in the name of the Son and they Holy Ghost will comfort you, teach you and testify with a burning in your bosoms? Why, yes it does! So, she is telling you to not do and receive what is taught to you in the Bible. This is what these anti-Mormons do. They deceive you thinking only they can receive confirmation from the Holy Ghost and their lies are true. They tell you not to study from anything but what they want you to read and listen to. They want to control everything you do and believe. If not, you are the devil when they are the ones guilty of unrighteous dominion and domination.
I just ask you to read and study the answers of Jeff Lindsey’s scholarly work and then with both sides of each issue, pray to Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ what is truth. The Holy Ghost will let you know.

DNA evidence clearly connects the American Indians with people living today in northern Siberia.

Fossil evidence indicates that the first humans evolved in Africa.

I was first proselytized by two Mormon missionaries when I was sixteen years old. Since then I have talked to a number of Mormon missionaries. They are nice people. Nevertheless, it soon becomes obvious that I know more about their religion than they do. I usually need to tell them about the Book of Abraham, and how it proves that Joseph Smith was a charlatan.

Then ask them about how Jesus and Satan are spiritually brothers. :oops:

Of course you aren’t. You act like a scholar but not even close. You want the truth, do so with real intent rather than trying to destroy people’s testimonies with false information.
People's testimonies are based on nothing but wishful thinking. My information is not false. After a thorough and rational investigation I have proved that Joseph was a deliberate liar and charlatan. He was not sincerely deluded.

I wanted to become a Mormon. I was disappointed to learn that it was not true. Mormonism is not true for the reasons I have posted here.
It is true. You only have learned by the deceiving writings. The thing about the Smithsonian is they just simply haven’t found evidence. That means nothing. And, you are wrong about what Joseph Smith used to write the Pearl of Great Price. All you did is read negative stuff 40-60 years ago. Much more has been found and introduced as well that has cast doubt on the Smithsonian and they have agreed they were too quick to judge. There is no reason not to check it out.

Does the Bible also say to pray to the Father in the name of the Son and they Holy Ghost will comfort you, teach you and testify with a burning in your bosoms? Why, yes it does! So, she is telling you to not do and receive what is taught to you in the Bible. This is what these anti-Mormons do. They deceive you thinking only they can receive confirmation from the Holy Ghost and their lies are true. They tell you not to study from anything but what they want you to read and listen to. They want to control everything you do and believe. If not, you are the devil when they are the ones guilty of unrighteous dominion and domination.
I just ask you to read and study the answers of Jeff Lindsey’s scholarly work and then with both sides of each issue, pray to Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ what is truth. The Holy Ghost will let you know.

1. Please cite the "testify with a burning in the bosom" in the Bible. I do not believe you'll find it there. It's LDS stuff.

2. All Scripture is God-breathed--2 Tim 3:16. The problem with LDS is that they ADD to it.

3. We do not want to "control everything" you "do and believe". We could not do this even should we wish it, which we do not. You just believe lies. That's it.

4. Sorry, I'm not going to believe the lies of Joseph Smith no matter what kind of heartburn I might experience. Because he was a liar and a charlatan.

"No religion" is also very much a religion. Being here "by accident" is its own strange belief.
All the same, when religions make outrageous assertions like the Indians came from Jerusalem, or Jonah and the whale, or 72 virgins waiting in heaven or whatever it makes it impossible to take them seriously

We’re just supposed to ignore the childish nursery stories about talking snakes and magic arks and giant whales?

Does the Bible also say to pray to the Father in the name of the Son and they Holy Ghost will comfort you, teach you and testify with a burning in your bosoms? Why, yes it does!

Where does the Bible say that? Quote chapter and verse from books in the Bible. I have read the Bible, including the Apocrypha nine times in eight English translations. I have never read anything like that.

All the same, when religions make outrageous assertions like the Indians came from Jerusalem, or Jonah and the whale, or 72 virgins waiting in heaven or whatever it makes it impossible to take them seriously

We’re just supposed to ignore the childish nursery stories about talking snakes and magic arks and giant whales?

I do not find a story of an ark or a whale any more fanciful than the notion that we were all put together here by accident. In fact, the latter is more fanciful/ridiculous than the former.

Where does the Bible say that? Quote chapter and verse from books in the Bible. I have read the Bible, including the Apocrypha nine times in eight English translations. I have never read anything like that.

This is part of the problem with LDS. They really don't know the Scriptures that well. They believe LDS stuff and think it's the Bible. I'm not mad at them. I'm sad for them, and wish them to come to the truth of Christ, without Joey's nonsense.

I do not find a story of an ark or a whale any more fanciful than the notion that we were all put together here by accident. In fact, the latter is more fanciful/ridiculous than the former.
oh come on, a magical boat that can somehow contain every animal on earth? How did Noah get animals from Australia or the Americas?

Yeah, I get it, “the power of God” or whatever

But if you simply drag out that old chestnut for every fairy tale-like scenario in the Bible, why can’t the Mormons do the same?

God’s magic made the arc infinitely spacious? Well then, maybe he magic-up’ed Smith’s hat rocks….

It’s all pretty ridiculous

oh come on, a magical boat that can somehow contain every animal on earth? How did Noah get animals from Australia or the Americas?

Yeah, I get it, “the power of God” or whatever

But if you simply drag out that old chestnut for every fairy tale-like scenario in the Bible, why can’t the Mormons do the same?

God’s magic made the arc infinitely spacious? Well then, maybe he magic-up’ed Smith’s hat rocks….

It’s all pretty ridiculous

The ark is one story in the Bible. It is not the basis for the entire religion. The basis for my entire religion is Jesus Christ born, died and resurrected. Even Paul said if Jesus Christ is not raised from the dead we are dead in our sin and are most to be pitied (1 Cor 15:17). To my knowledge there is no such "test" for LDS. Their ultimate proof is their own reaction; their "burning in the bosom".

The ark is one story in the Bible. It is not the basis for the entire religion. The basis for my entire religion is Jesus Christ born, died and resurrected. Even Paul said if Jesus Christ is not raised from the dead we are dead in our sin and are most to be pitied (1 Cor 15:17). To my knowledge there is no such "test" for LDS. Their ultimate proof is their own reaction; their "burning in the bosom".
So do you believe-literally-in talking snakes, magic arks, and the Jonah and the whale or that the earth is 5000 years old?

If Christianity were simply about a man who died for our sins and was resurrected to come again, non-believers would take the religion much more seriously

You do realize that’s it’s all the silly nonsense that keeps many away from the religion, don’t you?

This is part of the problem with LDS. They really don't know the Scriptures that well. They believe LDS stuff and think it's the Bible. I'm not mad at them. I'm sad for them, and wish them to come to the truth of Christ, without Joey's nonsense.
I have talked to a number of Mormon missionaries. I prove that I know more about their religion than they do. I usually need to tell them about the Book of Abraham.

So do you believe-literally-in talking snakes, magic arks, and the Jonah and the whale or that the earth is 5000 years old?

If Christianity were simply about a man who died for our sins and was resurrected to come again, non-believers would take the religion much more seriously

You do realize that’s it’s all the silly nonsense that keeps many away from the religion, don’t you?
One can be a Christian without being a Fundamentalist. I am.

I think you need to expand your mind. Think: if God can make a Virgin bear a Savior who dies, is resurrected, and ascends into Heaven....

And I believe THIS....

Why would I not believe He could not make a snake talk? Or a whale swallow a man?

He is either God, or He is not.

You are still left with the problem of: what if there is no God?

One can be a Christian without being a Fundamentalist. I am.

Interesting.

FWIW, I do not believe the earth is 5000 years old. I do not know how old it is, and do not care.

But realize Jesus Christ Himself spoke of many of these OT miracles. Same question to you as to B: if God is God, and He was able to impregnate a Virgin and resurrect Jesus Christ--why not a talking snake?

Other than you think it's just silly, and thus are judging God?

if God is God, and He was able to impregnate a Virgin and resurrect Jesus Christ--why not a talking snake?
My point was that, if we use the “God is God” explanation for every improbable or supernatural event in the Bible, it seems to me the Mormons could, too

God is perfectly capable of whipping up some magic rocks in a hat and giving them to some guy as a prophecy

And, if you’re being honest, is it really more outlandish of a story than many of the Old Testament stories we’ve mentioned?

My point was that, if we use the “God is God” explanation for every improbable or supernatural event in the Bible, it seems to me the Mormons could, too

God is perfectly capable of whipping up some magic rocks in a hat and giving them to some guy as a prophecy

And, if you’re being honest, is it really more outlandish of a story than many of the Old Testament stories we’ve mentioned?

You're missing the larger point.

Christianity has an Ultimate Test. If Christ is not raised you are dead in your sins and are most to be pitied. If that is not true, it's all a lie. That is in our Scriptures.

Mormonism has failed again and again and again, and yet, Mormons keep making excuses for it. I don't believe there IS an Ultimate Test other than their own "emotional reaction" to it. Which is no test at all.

1. Please cite the "testify with a burning in the bosom" in the Bible. I do not believe you'll find it there. It's LDS stuff.

2. All Scripture is God-breathed--2 Tim 3:16. The problem with LDS is that they ADD to it.

3. We do not want to "control everything" you "do and believe". We could not do this even should we wish it, which we do not. You just believe lies. That's it.

4. Sorry, I'm not going to believe the lies of Joseph Smith no matter what kind of heartburn I might experience. Because he was a liar and a charlatan.
The bible states that there are other works of god.

Forum List

Back