The cost of austerity: Violent crime up 18%; People die; But we save a tax dime

Cops only show up after the crime is committed.

Time to stock up on silver and lead.

Ain't that the damn truth, you're already dead by the time they give a shit.

They aren't your personal bodyguard. And if you were treated how they are by society, would you give a fuck?

BTW, the Supreme Court in 2005 ruled that cops DO NOT have a legal obligation to protect your ass. Yet, they do it anyway. You should be thankful.
Wait a minute here...

It was just a day or two ago that you were trying to argue that the only thing that keeps rapacious marauding hordes from my doorstep was the police.

Which way do you want it, besides both ways?

Newark is the result of poor economic policies going back decades. That city is one big shit hole and has been since before I was born. Granted, Cory Booker has been making progress and is the best mayor that city has ever had probably in my lifetime, but he has a long way to go to reverse the decades of damage caused by his predecessors.

Yes, and thats why I chose that one to make this thread, because it shows all sides of the current issues in police work and politics. This topic needs real discussion, not partisan bullshit.

And my stance is:

Cops dont get nearly enough support
Cops dont get paid quite enough...but...shouldnt get a cut OR big raise either
Cops DONT need unions, it doesn't serve the department or people well

Lots of issues in that profession. Both Dems and GOP have bad record dealing with them.

Newark is the result of poor economic policies going back decades. That city is one big shit hole and has been since before I was born. Granted, Cory Booker has been making progress and is the best mayor that city has ever had probably in my lifetime, but he has a long way to go to reverse the decades of damage caused by his predecessors.

Yes, and thats why I chose that one to make this thread, because it shows all sides of the current issues in police work and politics. This topic needs real discussion, not partisan bullshit.

And my stance is:

Lots of issues in that profession. Both Dems and GOP have bad record dealing with them.

Thanks. We wondered what you mall cops thought about it.

LOL

As city cutbacks cause police layoffs, bullets in night claim young mother's life - CNN.com

This wont be a marathon thread.
Nationwide, especially in GOP controlled areas, police funding has been slashed. Evil govt workers, ya know? Not on my tax dime.

Violent crime is up 18%. Less cops = More crime.

This heartbreaking story is of a Newark, NJ 24 yr old mom who was murdered in the road. She begged "Please dont let me die".

Why did I picked THIS story as the example? Because it hits on all the issues, on both party sides:

- Newark PD doesn't have enough funding, and is laying off cops (160 so far).
- They have a Democrat mayor who is asking for state aid. He already got some, and has mismanaged a lot.
- They have police unions, which I'm against. That is a big part of the problem.
- They have a GOP Governor, who wants to stop giving them state aid for cops, despite the spike in violence

It hits all the big problems, from both viewpoints.

We need to FUND OUR COPS. We need to get rid of police unions. Dems need to stop mismanaging PD's and GOP needs to start realizing the importance of cops to society.

Our nation has done way too much hard work from the 1970's to today to slash the violent crime in America, which was epidemic two decades ago. We dont wanna go backwards.

Because when we can talk shit about cops and say they eat donuts and say they dont do shit..........its because we aren't scared of crime. And thats good. We need to KEEP it that way.

Newark, like Detroit and Camden, run by Democrats for generations.

Therefore, its the Republicans fault.

Perfect

Ain't that the damn truth, you're already dead by the time they give a shit.

They aren't your personal bodyguard. And if you were treated how they are by society, would you give a fuck?

BTW, the Supreme Court in 2005 ruled that cops DO NOT have a legal obligation to protect your ass. Yet, they do it anyway. You should be thankful.
Wait a minute here...

It was just a day or two ago that you were trying to argue that the only thing that keeps rapacious looting hordes from my doorstep was the police.

You too need to read. I said they aren't legally "OBLIGATED", but thats different than not being "ALLOWED" to.

They aren't obligated to protect you. They are, however, legally ALLOWED to protect you, including the use of force up to deadly force if necessary (Graham v. Conner), and you should be grateful that men and women are willing to protect you EVEN if they dont have to!!!

As city cutbacks cause police layoffs, bullets in night claim young mother's life - CNN.com

Nationwide, especially in GOP controlled areas, police funding has been slashed. Evil govt workers, ya know? Not on my tax dime.

This heartbreaking story is of a Newark, NJ 24 yr old mom who was murdered in the road. She begged "Please dont let me die".

Why did I picked THIS story as the example? Because it hits on all the issues, on both party sides:

- They have a Democrat mayor who is asking for state aid. He already got some, and has mismanaged a lot.
- They have police unions, which I'm against. That is a big part of the problem.
- They have a GOP Governor, who wants to stop giving them state aid for cops, despite the spike in violence

We need to FUND OUR COPS. We need to get rid of police unions. Dems need to stop mismanaging PD's and GOP needs to start realizing the importance of cops to society.

Our nation has done way too much hard work from the 1970's to today to slash the violent crime in America, which was epidemic two decades ago. We dont wanna go backwards.

Because when we can talk shit about cops and say they eat donuts and say they dont do shit..........its because we aren't scared of crime. And thats good. We need to KEEP it that way.

Newark, like Detroit and Camden, run by Democrats for generations.

Therefore, its the Republicans fault.

Perfect

You partisan folks cant read. I picked Newark for that reason: Dem mayor, GOP governor, union. I could easily pick a non-union Southern city that has slashed police spending and violence has gone up (47% of ALL violent crime is in the South by the way). But I didn't. It wouldn't help the conversation.

And my stance is:

Thanks. We wondered what you mall cops thought about it.

LOL

Oh no you really got me there, what in the world will I do now???!!!

Anyway, move along, we're trying to have an actual conversation here.

Trying to figure out why anyone should give a shit about how much a cop gets paid in Findlay, other than those who live in FIndlay.

If they can get it done via volunteerism or minimum wage, make it so.

It is up to the local peeps.

Please. There is about one real crime a year in sleepy little Findlay.

But you swallow any goo available.

Kinda like folks in 1998 saying we dont need a military because of all this peace time we enjoy here in 1998.

demoncraps are hell bent on destroying the military,, join the club. if military men get laid off I sure don't have a problem with cops getting laid off.

:clap2:

I just posted the exact same idea on a thread about military being cut.

Yep. GOP is fucking the cops. Dems are fucking the military. Neither got my vote precisely for those reasons.

Trying to figure out why anyone should give a shit about how much a cop gets paid in Findlay, other than those who live in FIndlay.

You are stuck in the pre-internet days I believe. Local politics and national have never been so intertwined. When a local Republican makes a fool of himself (uh-hum..."God intended for that to happen") it affects the whole party at all levels.

Fucking over cops is a national Republican trend, at all levels. It affects politicians everywhere. Romney didn't get my vote....mostly because of what Gov Nikki Haley, Mayor Joe Riley and Mayor Billy Swails (all Republicans) did to cops here in SC this year. Fuck Republicans.

Democrats didn't get my vote SOLELY because they are fucking the military. Fuck Dems too.

But, since you put it like that.....................why should I give a shit if a 38 year old who is already retired from his job as an Air Force dentist who never saw combat and never left the country.......is gonna have to pay more for his govt issued healthcare??????

I DO...by the way...care. But tell me why I should???? My teeth aren't getting cared for from him. He didnt/isn't stopping Russia from invading...Charleston, SC where I live. Why should I give a fuck?

You are assuming that a cop would have prevented a random crime rather than reacting to it after the fact.

By your logic if we had one cop for every citizen then there would be no crime, no murder, etc. You are wrong of course.

You are assuming that a cop would have prevented a random crime rather than reacting to it after the fact.

By your logic if we had one cop for every citizen then there would be no crime, no murder, etc. You are wrong of course.

Ok, then why are we spending so much on military, and have bases in Korea, Hawaii, Germany?

Are we too ASSUME their presence is gonna prevent N. Korea, China, Russia, Cuba from invading us?

Our homeland in the past 112 years has only seen a serious strike twice...Pearl Harbor and 9-11, neither of which did our massive, excessively funded military prevent....but boy did they react to it well!!!! And I thank them.

Should we now slash military simply because they only react to war threats??? And should we ASSUME some country might attack us???

Your logic in local scale doesn't stay consistent in grand scale.

Wait a minute here...

It was just a day or two ago that you were trying to argue that the only thing that keeps rapacious looting hordes from my doorstep was the police.

You too need to read. I said they aren't legally "OBLIGATED", but thats different than not being "ALLOWED" to.

They aren't obligated to protect you. They are, however, legally ALLOWED to protect you, including the use of force up to deadly force if necessary (Graham v. Conner), and you should be grateful that men and women are willing to protect you EVEN if they dont have to!!!
That's not what you said or implied....But keep backpedaling, it's amusing. :lol:

Wait a minute here...

That's not what you said or implied....But keep backpedaling, it's amusing. :lol:

How so? I said without cops (assuming there wasn't martial law, which there WOULD be) there would be mass crime and survival of the fittest (remember the military would become "cops" in martial law so you'd have to assume that failed also).

But our current cops aren't obligated, but are allowed, to protect you. (Military isn't. They must follow order or are jailed. Cops have descretion. Way different). And they do.

Bucs just tape yourself fucking your Obama blow up doll and get it over with. Your threads are EXTREMELY REPETITIVE

So is your lack of constructive response. I know it's hard to argue facts and reason. So keep up the kindergarten style chatter.

Bucs just tape yourself fucking your Obama blow up doll and get it over with. Your threads are EXTREMELY REPETITIVE

So is your lack of constructive response. I know it's hard to argue facts and reason. So keep up the kindergarten style chatter.

When you post something worthy of discussion I'll stop addressing you on such a low level. Meanwhil why don't you keep posting local bullshit and pretending its a national issue

When you post something worthy of discussion I'll stop addressing you on such a low level. Meanwhil why don't you keep posting local bullshit and pretending its a national issue

That fact that you think what local law enforcement is doing doesn't affect neighboring cities, states shows your ignorance on the topic. Criminals dont have jurisdiction.

You truly have no clue how law enforcement works, or how what goes on at say...LAPD...can affect what goes on in Columbia, SC, Charlotte, NC or Houston, TX.

So, you really just aren't qualified to say much on the subject.

Forum List

Back