The cost of austerity: Violent crime up 18%; People die; But we save a tax dime

So is your lack of constructive response. I know it's hard to argue facts and reason. So keep up the kindergarten style chatter.

When you post something worthy of discussion I'll stop addressing you on such a low level. Meanwhil why don't you keep posting local bullshit and pretending its a national issue

That fact that you think what local law enforcement is doing doesn't affect neighboring cities, states shows your ignorance on the topic. Criminals dont have jurisdiction.

You truly have no clue how law enforcement works, or how what goes on at say...LAPD...can affect what goes on in Columbia, SC, Charlotte, NC or Houston, TX.

So, you really just aren't qualified to say much on the subject.

Cities budgets and the decisions made because of them are LOCAL ISSUES

Period

As city cutbacks cause police layoffs, bullets in night claim young mother's life - CNN.com

This wont be a marathon thread.
Nationwide, especially in GOP controlled areas, police funding has been slashed. Evil govt workers, ya know? Not on my tax dime.

Violent crime is up 18%. Less cops = More crime.

I heartbreaking story is of a Newark, NJ 24 yr old mom who was murdered in the road. She begged "Please dont let me die".

Why did I picked THIS story as the example? Because it hits on all the issues, on both party sides:

- Newark PD doesn't have enough funding, and is laying off cops (160 so far).
- They have a Democrat mayor who is asking for state aid. He already got some, and has mismanaged a lot.
- They have police unions, which I'm against. That is a big part of the problem.
- They have a GOP Governor, who wants to stop giving them state aid for cops, despite the spike in violence

It hits all the big problems, from both viewpoints.

We need to FUND OUR COPS. We need to get rid of police unions. Dems need to stop mismanaging PD's and GOP needs to start realizing the importance of cops to society.

Our nation has done way too much hard work from the 1970's to today to slash the violent crime in America, which was epidemic two decades ago. We dont wanna go backwards.

Because when we can talk shit about cops and say they eat donuts and say they dont do shit..........its because we aren't scared of crime. And thats good. We need to KEEP it that way.

You are assuming that a cop would have prevented a random crime rather than reacting to it after the fact.

By your logic if we had one cop for every citizen then there would be no crime, no murder, etc. You are wrong of course.

Ok, then why are we spending so much on military, and have bases in Korea, Hawaii, Germany?

Are we too ASSUME their presence is gonna prevent N. Korea, China, Russia, Cuba from invading us?

Our homeland in the past 112 years has only seen a serious strike twice...Pearl Harbor and 9-11, neither of which did our massive, excessively funded military prevent....but boy did they react to it well!!!! And I thank them.

Should we now slash military simply because they only react to war threats??? And should we ASSUME some country might attack us???

Your logic in local scale doesn't stay consistent in grand scale.

Are you seriously comparing a random act by one individual to a full scale military invasion?

When you post something worthy of discussion I'll stop addressing you on such a low level. Meanwhil why don't you keep posting local bullshit and pretending its a national issue

That fact that you think what local law enforcement is doing doesn't affect neighboring cities, states shows your ignorance on the topic. Criminals dont have jurisdiction.

You truly have no clue how law enforcement works, or how what goes on at say...LAPD...can affect what goes on in Columbia, SC, Charlotte, NC or Houston, TX.

Period

Again....if you think that is what the law enforcement debate boils down to, you are ignorant. City budgets are local. Crime is national. When you figure out how those two correlate, get back to me. It wont be overnight, so I wont hold my breathe.

You are assuming that a cop would have prevented a random crime rather than reacting to it after the fact.

By your logic if we had one cop for every citizen then there would be no crime, no murder, etc. You are wrong of course.

Ok, then why are we spending so much on military, and have bases in Korea, Hawaii, Germany?

Are we too ASSUME their presence is gonna prevent N. Korea, China, Russia, Cuba from invading us?

Our homeland in the past 112 years has only seen a serious strike twice...Pearl Harbor and 9-11, neither of which did our massive, excessively funded military prevent....but boy did they react to it well!!!! And I thank them.

Should we now slash military simply because they only react to war threats??? And should we ASSUME some country might attack us???

Are you seriously comparing a random act by one individual to a full scale military invasion?

Yes. In terms of preparation. When was the last time America suffered a full scale invasion? 1776? But we're prepared for one.

So to suggest that the lack of crime should stop a city from having a well trained, well equipped police force is insane. Do I think we should have 10,000 SWAT cops patrolling Findlay, Ohio? Hell no. Thats irrational. But what's happened in Newark and Camden, and many other cities, is irrational also.

So when you sggest it's ok to slash police funding because there isn't a lot of serious crime.......I say why do we have such strong military spending when every war we're fighting is offshore? And we've only been hit here twice in 100 or more years? And in 9-11, cops and firemen were killed, not military troops, on that day.

Our country is far more intertwined than you think. Marines stopping or not stopping opium trades in Afghanistan is causing cops in LA, Atlanta and Podunk, Kentucky to have an easier or harder time fighting property crimes. If you dont know how and why thats true, you need to read up.

Period

You should start by reading this book:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Global-Warrior-Averting-John-Poole/dp/0981865933]Global Warrior: Averting WWIII: H. John Poole, Stefan Verstappen, Anthony C. Zinni: 9780981865935: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Former USMC General on how the new modern world is fighting a vastly different enemy, and how Communists have infiltrated the US criminal world, and is using street crime and drugs to destabilize the population, and how COPS are a front line in defense against that effort. But the effort of the commies is making our population destable, stupid and crazy (Hey, maybe thats why they voted for Obama) and slashing police funding is only going to make that easier. He narrows the modern threat to Islam and the Communist/Criminal element. The military is fighting the Islamists, while the Commies sit back, wait, and secretly use the US criminal element to destablizie our country. Meanwhile, the US cops are trying their best to counter that criminal effort, and most people are ignorant of it.

Read up. Then see why funding PD's is important.

Period

Again....if you think that is what the law enforcement debate boils down to, you are ignorant. City budgets are local. Crime is national. When you figure out how those two correlate, get back to me. It wont be overnight, so I wont hold my breathe.

This isn't a law enforcement debate its a budgetary issue. A LOCAL BUDGET ISSUE AT THAT

As usual you fail.

As city cutbacks cause police layoffs, bullets in night claim young mother's life - CNN.com

Nationwide, especially in GOP controlled areas, police funding has been slashed. Evil govt workers, ya know? Not on my tax dime.

This heartbreaking story is of a Newark, NJ 24 yr old mom who was murdered in the road. She begged "Please dont let me die".

Why did I picked THIS story as the example? Because it hits on all the issues, on both party sides:

- They have a Democrat mayor who is asking for state aid. He already got some, and has mismanaged a lot.
- They have police unions, which I'm against. That is a big part of the problem.
- They have a GOP Governor, who wants to stop giving them state aid for cops, despite the spike in violence

We need to FUND OUR COPS. We need to get rid of police unions. Dems need to stop mismanaging PD's and GOP needs to start realizing the importance of cops to society.

Our nation has done way too much hard work from the 1970's to today to slash the violent crime in America, which was epidemic two decades ago. We dont wanna go backwards.

Because when we can talk shit about cops and say they eat donuts and say they dont do shit..........its because we aren't scared of crime. And thats good. We need to KEEP it that way.

Newark, like Detroit and Camden, run by Democrats for generations.

Therefore, its the Republicans fault.

Perfect

:lmao::lmao:

Period

You should start by reading this book:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Global-Warrior-Averting-John-Poole/dp/0981865933]Global Warrior: Averting WWIII: H. John Poole, Stefan Verstappen, Anthony C. Zinni: 9780981865935: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Former USMC General on how the new modern world is fighting a vastly different enemy, and how Communists have infiltrated the US criminal world, and is using street crime and drugs to destabilize the population, and how COPS are a front line in defense against that effort. But the effort of the commies is making our population destable, stupid and crazy (Hey, maybe thats why they voted for Obama) and slashing police funding is only going to make that easier. He narrows the modern threat to Islam and the Communist/Criminal element. The military is fighting the Islamists, while the Commies sit back, wait, and secretly use the US criminal element to destablizie our country. Meanwhile, the US cops are trying their best to counter that criminal effort, and most people are ignorant of it.

Read up. Then see why funding PD's is important.
Thanks, midcan't. :rolleyes:

We're going broke and you want us to go more broke. Unions are killing most of europe and now the US.

Sometimes you have to balance a budget.

You must not have read the part where I said we SHOULDN'T have police unions.

From first hand experience, I can say there are many cops who are lazy and dont do shit, and cant be fired because of unions, and clog up the promotion pipe for better cops. That should be fixed so the good cops can get the pay they deserve rather than it be wasted on some 50 year old fatass Sgt who has been there for 30 years refused to retire, and mandates that his men dont do shit because he doesn't wanna risk getting into a lawsuit if something goes bad..............not that I've been in that situation or anything:redface:

Why is it ok to allow Unions to protect bad teachers, but not bad cops?

This heartbreaking story is of a Newark, NJ 24 yr old mom who was murdered in the road. She begged "Please dont let me die".

Newark, like Detroit and Camden, run by Democrats for generations.

Therefore, its the Republicans fault.

Perfect

:lmao::lmao:

Haven't you figured it out by now? Democrat Leaders are only responsible for the good that happens when they are in Power, any bad that happens is the fault of Rich White Republicans.

Not all, but a very good amount of Democrats in this country actually believe that.

Trying to figure out why anyone should give a shit about how much a cop gets paid in Findlay, other than those who live in FIndlay.

If they can get it done via volunteerism or minimum wage, make it so.

It is up to the local peeps.

But, since you put it like that.....................why should I give a shit if a 38 year old who is already retired from his job as an Air Force dentist who never saw combat and never left the country.......is gonna have to pay more for his govt issued healthcare??????

I DO...by the way...care. But tell me why I should???? My teeth aren't getting cared for from him. He didnt/isn't stopping Russia from invading...Charleston, SC where I live. Why should I give a fuck?

The military is National. You really are an ignorant fuck sometimes.

Well, all the time.

We're going broke and you want us to go more broke. Unions are killing most of europe and now the US.

Sometimes you have to balance a budget.

You must not have read the part where I said we SHOULDN'T have police unions.

From first hand experience, I can say there are many cops who are lazy and dont do shit, and cant be fired because of unions, and clog up the promotion pipe for better cops. That should be fixed so the good cops can get the pay they deserve rather than it be wasted on some 50 year old fatass Sgt who has been there for 30 years refused to retire, and mandates that his men dont do shit because he doesn't wanna risk getting into a lawsuit if something goes bad..............not that I've been in that situation or anything:redface:

Why is it ok to allow Unions to protect bad teachers, but not bad cops?

Its not. Im anti-union. Always have been. Not voting for the fucking GOP doesn't mean I'm pro-union all of a sudden. See...some of us have our own views, not just views issued to us in a GOP Party brochure.

Trying to figure out why anyone should give a shit about how much a cop gets paid in Findlay, other than those who live in FIndlay.

But, since you put it like that.....................why should I give a shit if a 38 year old who is already retired from his job as an Air Force dentist who never saw combat and never left the country.......is gonna have to pay more for his govt issued healthcare??????

I DO...by the way...care. But tell me why I should???? My teeth aren't getting cared for from him. He didnt/isn't stopping Russia from invading...Charleston, SC where I live. Why should I give a fuck?

Well, all the time.

And again, so what? The TSA is national too. Doesn't mean I have to give a fuck what their employees are earning. You want me to care so much about what a national government employee is making or not making, but say I shouldn't care about what local government employees make or dont make?

Well, all the time.

So you say I should care what that guys health insurance costs, but shouldn't care about what a cop or firemen's cost?

Why? I dont care if that guys insurance is gonna cost more. I truly dont. If we the taxpayer can't afford it, so be it. He works for us, remember? Not the other way around. At least thats what you all say.

Well, all the time.

And again, so what? The TSA is national too. Doesn't mean I have to give a fuck what their employees are earning. You want me to care so much about what a national government employee is making or not making, but say I shouldn't care about what local government employees make or dont make?

So you haven't the foggiest idea on how our Republic of States is Constituted.

Well, all the time.

Sure I do. But why should I care that the cooks and non-combat personnel in the military are gonna have to pay a little more for their lifetime health insurance.......which the rest of us are having to do?

They're great people. I applaud and thank them. But they aren't angelic saints sent down from Jesus. They're Americans and regular folks too. And we're all in this mess, and we all are gonna have to pay a little more for everything from now on. Its not personal, just reality.

Sure I do. But why should I care that the cooks and non-combat personnel in the military are gonna have to pay a little more for their lifetime health insurance.......which the rest of us are having to do?

They're great people. I applaud and thank them. But they aren't angelic saints sent down from Jesus. They're Americans and regular folks too. And we're all in this mess, and we all are gonna have to pay a little more for everything from now on. Its not personal, just reality.

They are part of the military.

If you really think anyone - Left or right - is going to support the notion of the Federal government making you mall cops Federal employees, you are more fucking retarded than I thought.

And I think you to be rather retarded.

Yes. In terms of preparation. When was the last time America suffered a full scale invasion? 1776? But we're prepared for one.

So to suggest that the lack of crime should stop a city from having a well trained, well equipped police force is insane. Do I think we should have 10,000 SWAT cops patrolling Findlay, Ohio? Hell no. Thats irrational. But what's happened in Newark and Camden, and many other cities, is irrational also.

So when you sggest it's ok to slash police funding because there isn't a lot of serious crime.......I say why do we have such strong military spending when every war we're fighting is offshore? And we've only been hit here twice in 100 or more years? And in 9-11, cops and firemen were killed, not military troops, on that day.

Our country is far more intertwined than you think. Marines stopping or not stopping opium trades in Afghanistan is causing cops in LA, Atlanta and Podunk, Kentucky to have an easier or harder time fighting property crimes. If you dont know how and why thats true, you need to read up.

Apples and oranges.

The comparison is invalid.

And military spending has nothing to do with community policing.

Look a ship full of sailors couldn't stop a rubber raft full of explosives. Random acts defy preparation hence the term random. Individual acts of violence are random by nature.

Increasing the number of cops won't stop someone from killing or mugging etc. You might apprehend criminals after they committed a crime more often but the crime will still occur.

Forum List

Back