The Cost of Off Shore Tax Dodges

Hey Redfish, here's an idea. Those American companies that you support keeping their profits out of this country to avoid taxes, lets do this; make these companies incorporate in other countries. Let those other countries provide the courts, the patent office and the military to protect those companies interests abroad.

You think those other countries will do that shit for free? Or are they gonna want some tax money to provide those services?

But I gotta admit, if I were a huge corporation and could get the USA to provide my corporation with all the benefits that come from being a USA company and not have to pay for those services, well what a fucking deal eh.

Stupid on the part of the government but what a deal for the corporations and the ultra rich folk.
And you are all about taking care of the ultra rich and the mega corporations right?

I don't hate welfare, I fully support helping those who are physically or mentally unable to care for themselves. I do object, however, to giving welfare to anyone who is capable of working but chooses not to.

But you went off topic, what I said is true, american money is in foreign countries because of our tax laws. Want that money spent in the USA? Then do what every other nation does, do not tax profits made outside of your country.

There are trillions that could be spent in this country creating millions of jobs, but its more important to idiots like you to punish successful people. you are :cuckoo:

You don't "hate" welfare? And I don't "hate" tax dodgers.

But I take it that if you could receive your pay check (if you work) in an off shore account to avoid paying taxes on it, that you would do that. It that correct? What a loyal American you are. Actually, loyalty to your country means nothing to people like you. That's why you support what you do support.

And dude, I do not know why this is so hard for people like you to understand but there is only ONE FUCKING REASON that companies hire more workers.

And it ain't because they have access to more cash.

Want me to share what that one thing is that causes companies to hire more workers ((even though you will deny what I say) demand for a companies good and services that can't be met by the current workforce cause companies to hire more workers. Period.

Now there, that wasn't so hard to understand, was it?

What are you so pissed about? Yes, companies hire more employees when their business grows. Do you think businesses would grow if the trillions sitting offshore could be brought back into this country tax free?

And its not paychecks that are sent offshore, no one does that, it would be illegal.

Access to more cash would allow businesses to build new facilities, start new product lines, HIRE MORE PEOPLE.

But until you get over your insane hatred of successful people, you will never understand it.

Who is pissed redfish?

But tell me this red. I own a company. My company is more than capable in meeting its costumer demand with the work force I have. My banker comes to me and wants me to borrow 10 million dollars to increase my plants capabilities and hire more workers.

All of this without an increase in demand for my goods and services. Why would I want to do that?

More available money to a corporation does not equal an increase in the demand for a companies goods and services. And more money available does not cause a company to increase hiring. If that were the case, we would have much higher employment because there is a lot of money in the banking system. But no companies are going for it because......... they don't have increased demand for their goods and services.

But I can tell you are not smart enough to understand this idea. Oh well.

I am going to work. You should try it.

This is rich. Let my apply that same logic to something you really hate; welfare.

Are welfare recipients doing anything illegal? You don't like the welfare law, change them.

How does that fit for you?

My fucking tax dollars cover the shortfall that the ultra rich and wealthy international corporations create by keeping profits from being taxed.

And your fucking tax dollar feeds the poor through welfare.

Is that funny or what. We both have to pay for something we don't like. The American way. Or the way it used to be.

I don't hate welfare, I fully support helping those who are physically or mentally unable to care for themselves. I do object, however, to giving welfare to anyone who is capable of working but chooses not to.

But you went off topic, what I said is true, american money is in foreign countries because of our tax laws. Want that money spent in the USA? Then do what every other nation does, do not tax profits made outside of your country.

There are trillions that could be spent in this country creating millions of jobs, but its more important to idiots like you to punish successful people. you are :cuckoo:

You don't "hate" welfare? And I don't "hate" tax dodgers.

But I take it that if you could receive your pay check (if you work) in an off shore account to avoid paying taxes on it, that you would do that. It that correct? What a loyal American you are. Actually, loyalty to your country means nothing to people like you. That's why you support what you do support.

And dude, I do not know why this is so hard for people like you to understand but there is only ONE FUCKING REASON that companies hire more workers.

And it ain't because they have access to more cash.

Want me to share what that one thing is that causes companies to hire more workers ((even though you will deny what I say) demand for a companies good and services that can't be met by the current workforce cause companies to hire more workers. Period.

Now there, that wasn't so hard to understand, was it?

Actually what causes companies to hire more workers is an anticipation of profit. Demand by itself doesn't make that happen because demand without an anticipation of profit will not entice investment of capital to hire more workers. It's one of those concepts that progressives struggle with...which of course is why this Administration keeps scratching it's head trying to figure out why businesses AREN'T hiring more workers as they keep passing regulations and legislation that make it harder to make a profit and increase taxes on whatever profits ARE made.

and that money is taxed if it is brought back into this country, thats why it stays where it is. We are the only country that tries to tax foreign profits. Eliminate that tax and billions would flow back into the USA to be spent and create jobs. But no, we must punish the evil rich.:cuckoo:

except the numbers you are seeing is what each of us has to pay to make up for their failure to pay.

i have no problem having money. perhaps if you had any to pay into taxes,you'd prefer it be paid by the people who SHOULD pay it.

instead of doing the rightwingnut failure rant about "the evil rich".

thanks for trolling by

Or we could cut the budget by that amount. I know, a foreign concept to progressives.

And if we did tax that money, we would end up paying for it anyway, as the companies would pass the costs onto us. Corporations will make their profit regardless.

why would we further cut the things that help people (which are already cut to the bone) while not having corporations pay their taxes and while having a larger military budget than the next five largest spending countries (on military)?

hmmmm?

now why would we want to live in a randian nightmare?

except the numbers you are seeing is what each of us has to pay to make up for their failure to pay.

i have no problem having money. perhaps if you had any to pay into taxes,you'd prefer it be paid by the people who SHOULD pay it.

thanks for trolling by

Or we could cut the budget by that amount. I know, a foreign concept to progressives.

And if we did tax that money, we would end up paying for it anyway, as the companies would pass the costs onto us. Corporations will make their profit regardless.

why would we further cut the things that help people (which are already cut to the bone) while not having corporations pay their taxes and while having a larger military budget than the next five largest spending countries (on military)?

hmmmm?

Already cut to the bone.

There are billions of dollars that are wasted by our inept so called leaders to deny that is being about as honest as saying you are paying more taxes due to off shore investments.

So... I guess the libbies here support other countries imposing taxes upon any sales and purchases done by their companies here, instead of us taxing them

Or perhaps they think that taxing them on assets and sales profits while they also get taxed by the other countries will entice them to do more

The ever present thought that you or your business only exists to be taxed for their pet programs and agenda thru government

Priceless

thanks for trolling by

hmmmm?

How about you go out and organize something to help people? The federal government was not designed or authorized to do the amount of "helping" you want it to do. With other people's money of course.

hmmmm?

How about you go out and organize something to help people? The federal government was not designed or authorized to do the amount of "helping" you want it to do. With other people's money of course.

It's not "helping" unless you take someone else's money

If we took away all the welfare currently propping up the corporate world today, a great many of them would collapse overnight.

They would be replaced by businesses built on more solid models. But because the government has been propping up our economy more and more and more and more, we are now held hostage by these diseased corporations. If they were all allowed to fail now, the world would come to an end.

"Too Big To Fail."

But the day that these companies are Too Big To Save is coming.

Forum List

Back