The creationists are BACK

Your mistake is your belief that faith is unproven. Faith is proven by the evidence of things not seen.

by definition faith can not be proven.

thanks for playing though

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. When it's dark at night, does the sun cease to exist?

wait wait wait wait!!!!! did you just say that only faith can tell us the sun will rise?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Faith per websters - firm belief in something for which there is no proof

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. When it's dark at night, does the sun cease to exist?

wait wait wait wait!!!!! did you just say that only faith can tell us the sun will rise?

You believe the sun will reappear. That's faith.

no, i do not believe the sun will "reappear" as the sun never technically disappears from existance.

thanks for the best laugh in YEARS!!! i almost peed myself over that one.

if you go to alaska there is time of year when the sun never sets..... ooops!

Barrow, Alaska
The sun shines and never sets for 82 days from early May to early August and it is dark for 51 - 67 days (the sun never rises) between November and January. On clear nights this is a good time to view the northern lights and go dog sledding. Spring whaling occurs in May, and villagers celebrate Nalukataq in June and early July (it celebrates the end of whaling season.) If you are interested in birding, polar bears, or dogsledding October through May, this is the place to come.

I checked Websters. I found more than you did.

Definition of FAITH

1 a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions

2 a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust

3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially: a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>

no, i do not believe the sun will "reappear" as the sun never technically disappears from existance.

thanks for the best laugh in YEARS!!! i almost peed myself over that one.

if you go to alaska there is time of year when the sun never sets..... ooops!

Barrow, Alaska
The sun shines and never sets for 82 days from early May to early August and it is dark for 51 - 67 days (the sun never rises) between November and January. On clear nights this is a good time to view the northern lights and go dog sledding. Spring whaling occurs in May, and villagers celebrate Nalukataq in June and early July (it celebrates the end of whaling season.) If you are interested in birding, polar bears, or dogsledding October through May, this is the place to come.

Making yourself look stupid is not going to work out very well for ya. This was an example. It appears you are so eager to mock that you missed the point entirely.

Then I guess you agree with me :tongue:

Not really, I don't think ideas should be put into science class with no scientific backing, solely because they can't be disproven.

The flying spaghetti monster theory can't be disproven, doesn't make it a viable thing to put in a biology textbook.

I say that we should compromise with the intelligent design (creationists) folks. They can put ID in science class if they'll let science be taught in church.

As for me, I've always been partial to Linus and The Great Pumpkin.

Whatever it takes to get humanity to listen to science, I'm for at this point.

Apparently Jackoff Flake went to the Billo the Clown (O'reilly) school of science.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BCipg71LbI&feature=related]YouTube - &#x202a;Bill O&#39;Reilly v. Dave Silverman - You KNOW they&#39;re all SCAMS!&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]

id still like to know what faith believes the sun "disappears and reappears"

I don't think he's being literal, i think he more means the sun rises and falls aka day and night.

So I guess you could say that will take faith as you're assuming the sun will rise again, but you have an entire lifetime and a million other scientific reasons to have faith the sun will rise again, none of which exists with creationism.

Not really, I don't think ideas should be put into science class with no scientific backing, solely because they can't be disproven.

The flying spaghetti monster theory can't be disproven, doesn't make it a viable thing to put in a biology textbook.

I say that we should compromise with the intelligent design (creationists) folks. They can put ID in science class if they'll let science be taught in church.

Great. When does Sunday School start, teacher? Give us a sample

Can you imagine it? Let science take on Biblical stories (interpreted literally) like Jonah and the whale, or the story about Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt, or Jesus bodily rising to heaven after His resurrection. Then apply science to those stories and postulate if God has to obey His own physical laws. The doubt that would be sewn in the literal interpretation of Biblical stories would ripple through congregations across the country.

No, I could IM somebody who lives where it's daytime. Wait, what if it's the Devil replying to my message, making me think the Sun is still there?
Hmmm, now I am worried.
:confused:

id still like to know what faith believes the sun "disappears and reappears"

I don't think he's being literal, i think he more means the sun rises and falls aka day and night.

So I guess you could say that will take faith as you're assuming the sun will rise again, but you have an entire lifetime and a million other scientific reasons to have faith the sun will rise again, none of which exists with creationism.

oh no, he's being literal! you need faith to know that the sun will rise every day. the scientific proof that the earth rotating on its axis is why the sun rises and sets is just science, not proof according to him

Can you imagine it? Let science take on Biblical stories (interpreted literally) like Jonah and the whale, or the story about Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt, or Jesus bodily rising to heaven after His resurrection. Then apply science to those stories and postulate if God has to obey His own physical laws. The doubt that would be sewn in the literal interpretation of Biblical stories would ripple through congregations across the country.

Would this make for a good comedy or a sad drama?

Would this make for a good comedy or a sad drama?

It reads like the insane rantngs of Bill Mahar.

Would be nice if young kids were given such comparisons, rather than only having religion rammed down their throat with science ignored.

It'd be a great thing, I hope the creationists would be as happy to have science brought into the church as we would.

Would be nice if young kids were given such comparisons, rather than only having religion rammed down their throat with science ignored.

It'd be a great thing, I hope the creationists would be as happy to have science brought into the church as we would.

Where do you loons get the idea that people of faith have no use for science? Do you lie awake at night dreaming this shit up?

The theory of evolution has held up to EVERY test under the scientific method. The same as the theory of gravity.

Oh? Precisely how has the extrapolation of a common ancestry from microspeciation held up to every test? What tests? In other words, precisely how is that which cannot be directly observed or tested been directly observed or tested?

Where do you loons get the idea that people of faith have no use for science? Do you lie awake at night dreaming this shit up?

you really need to read the whole thread. the overwhelming common theme on here is that creationist dont believe the science that back evolution. you may be the exception to that rule....

Forum List

Back