The creationists are BACK

Can you imagine it? Let science take on Biblical stories (interpreted literally) like Jonah and the whale, or the story about Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt, or Jesus bodily rising to heaven after His resurrection. Then apply science to those stories and postulate if God has to obey His own physical laws. The doubt that would be sewn in the literal interpretation of Biblical stories would ripple through congregations across the country.

Would be nice if young kids were given such comparisons, rather than only having religion rammed down their throat with science ignored.

It'd be a great thing, I hope the creationists would be as happy to have science brought into the church as we would.

Where do you loons get the idea that people of faith have no use for science? Do you lie awake at night dreaming this shit up?

Not all people of faith have no use for science, just the clowns on this thread who attack basic science.

It'd be nice if the science-deniers on this thread were given the same amount of science as they were given religion as kids, so kids in the future should be given that same info.

Would be nice if young kids were given such comparisons, rather than only having religion rammed down their throat with science ignored.

It'd be a great thing, I hope the creationists would be as happy to have science brought into the church as we would.

Where do you loons get the idea that people of faith have no use for science? Do you lie awake at night dreaming this shit up?

Not all people of faith have no use for science, just the clowns on this thread who attack basic science.

It'd be nice if the science-deniers on this thread were given the same amount of science as they were given religion as kids, so kids in the future should be given that same info.

and we wonder why we are falling so far behind the rest of the world...

you really need to read the whole thread. the overwhelming common theme on here is that creationist dont believe the science that back evolution. you may be the exception to that rule....

I actually accept both and do believe that creationism as religion should not be taught in a public school. However, at the same time, I have an issue when my kid comes home from school telling me that his science teacher said that "there are some idiots that actually believe in this mythical man with a white beard that created the Earth". (true story)

Last edited:
Great. When does Sunday School start, teacher? Give us a sample

Can you imagine it? Let science take on Biblical stories (interpreted literally) like Jonah and the whale, or the story about Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt, or Jesus bodily rising to heaven after His resurrection. Then apply science to those stories and postulate if God has to obey His own physical laws. The doubt that would be sewn in the literal interpretation of Biblical stories would ripple through congregations across the country.

Would this make for a good comedy or a sad drama?

Probably both. By the time that some biology teacher questioned the literal biblical truth of people living to be hundreds of years old and women giving birth to children once they're over the age of 100, I think religious leaders would be MORE than happy to propose that if science would only stay in school, then religion should have exclusive domain in church.

you really need to read the whole thread. the overwhelming common theme on here is that creationist dont believe the science that back evolution. you may be the exception to that rule....

I actually accept both and do believe that creationism as religion should not be taught in a public school. However, at the same time, I have an issue when my kid comes home from school telling me that his science teacher said that "there are some idiots that actually believe in this mythical man with a white beard that created the Earth". (true story)

i can understand that, but i believe that is more a curriculum issue at a local level though.

While there indeed some hardcore people on the religious side, there are just as many on the left who rather than respect another's beliefs, they choose to ridicule and seek to rid the discussion of any references to religion.

As a Christian I do not want any school to teach my child that God created the world. Religious education takes place in my home. I tell my children to pay attention to the teachers and do well on their work. I teach them the true story of our creation at home. The school will just screw it up anyway. Parents are responsible to teach their children about God it should not be put off on the school district.

FYI: I do beileve in creationism and teach it to my children as the truth over evolution.

True patriots of freedom of religion like myself fight the mullahs to the end here in Georgia.

A true patriot of freedom would not defend the evolutionist's imposition of a metaphysical/absolute naturalism on science in the public education system at the exclusion of the scientific worldview of the methodological naturalist, which is what we‘re ultimately talking about here, nor disregard the free exercise clause of the First Amendment as you do.

You're not a patriot; you're a statist, objecting to proponents of ID imposing their theory on you in the schools while you have no problem imposing your metaphysics and its subsequent theory on them in the same. Your use of the term mullah, is nothing more than the pejorative of misdirection. Shameful.

The only constitutional resolution to this impasse it universal school choice. Do you support school choice or not?

Last edited:
A little background. We have had many school boards in Georgia cave in to the religous whackos in the last decade over putting labels on all Biology books concerning evolution.
"Evolution is a theory only and there are other theories that are in the scientific community concerning the origins of life" type BS was on all Biology in many school districts.
I know, this stuff is so crazy but remember we are in Georgia where folks would believe the Spaghetti Monster is to be worshipped first and foremost if their preacher or Republican representative told them so. Science be damned.
Well sports fans, the creationists are backagain under the disguise of "intelligent design" claiming that there beliefs are science.
Now anyone with just a high school education knows full well, yet many will not publicly admit it because of worrying about getting the business in Sunday school, that creationism and intelligent design is not science but they keep plowing forward even if it is with a one legged mule after the Dover Pa. case.
Yesterday our Governor Sonny "Doesn't" Perdue announced that he, and his power house Republican buddies in the Legislature, want to make the State School Superintendent an appointed position. The religous right is behind it. Evolution is and has been their main target.
More to come folks.

And of course--YOU have a LINK to your ravings?

While there indeed some hardcore people on the religious side, there are just as many on the left who rather than respect another's beliefs, they choose to ridicule and seek to rid the discussion of any references to religion.

In terms of equating religion as science I support those that do ridicule others that demand equal time for their religous beliefs to be taught in science class.
And I am not on the left.

A little background. We have had many school boards in Georgia cave in to the religous whackos in the last decade over putting labels on all Biology books concerning evolution.
"Evolution is a theory only and there are other theories that are in the scientific community concerning the origins of life" type BS was on all Biology in many school districts.
I know, this stuff is so crazy but remember we are in Georgia where folks would believe the Spaghetti Monster is to be worshipped first and foremost if their preacher or Republican representative told them so. Science be damned.
Well sports fans, the creationists are backagain under the disguise of "intelligent design" claiming that there beliefs are science.
Now anyone with just a high school education knows full well, yet many will not publicly admit it because of worrying about getting the business in Sunday school, that creationism and intelligent design is not science but they keep plowing forward even if it is with a one legged mule after the Dover Pa. case.
Yesterday our Governor Sonny "Doesn't" Perdue announced that he, and his power house Republican buddies in the Legislature, want to make the State School Superintendent an appointed position. The religous right is behind it. Evolution is and has been their main target.
More to come folks.

And of course--YOU have a LINK to your ravings?

I have a link that Elvis is alive in Hahira, Ga. and also works part time as a CIA agent in Lakeland, Florida.
It has to be true because I have a link that states so.

This is something I'll never understand. Why do some people get bent out of shape if the Ten Commandments or a Cross is displayed in a public place. I mean, I am not a Christian, but I am not going to blow a gasket if there's a crucifix in the lobby of the courthouse as I go to jury duty. Seriously, unless you mom was beaten to death with one, what's the problem?

More to come folks.

So fucking what.... There are other ideas out there - why the fuck do you care if all ideas are taught???

Besides evolution is a half assed theory anyways...

Why is it when you read about evolution there are all sorts of ideas about the evolution of life. Everything from crystals to transpermia, yet the so called "open minded" get fucking bent when creationists share their ideas..

I mean can you fucking prove man, or even the universe(s) were not created by God??

To digress, do you believe string theory or m-theory is any more rational than the notion of creationism..

No, I'm not a religious nut. However I do get pissed when people dismiss certain ideas they cannot disprove....

Last edited:
True patriots of freedom of religion like myself fight the mullahs to the end here in Georgia.

A true patriot of freedom would not defend the evolutionist's imposition of a metaphysical/absolute naturalism on science in the public education system at the exclusion of the scientific worldview of the methodological naturalist, which is what we‘re ultimately talking about here, nor disregard the free exercise clause of the First Amendment as you do.

You're not a patriot; you're statist, objecting to proponents of ID imposing their theory on you in the schools while you have no problem imposing your metaphysics and its subsequent theory on them in the same. Your use of the term mullah, is nothing more than the pejorative of misdirection. Shameful.

The only constitutional resolution to this impasse it universal school choice. Do you support school choice or not?

I support school choice. If you do not like the school your kids go to either sell your house and move to a district where you like those schools or go to private school.
I went to private school and public schools. I moved to an area with excellent public schools.
Citizens have every right to receive the best public schools they can. Elect competent school boards and support those schools. If you do not like them then move.
School vouchers will never work. Anyone that knows how private schools operate is as soon as the demand for their school goes up and they are at capacity then the price skyrockets.
After all, you do know that private schools are FREE MARKET and are allowed to set their prices as they please and that demand always raises prices?
So what good does a 8K voucher do for a poor kid when the tuition is 20K at the private school?
I live in the real world, not some utopia of folks singing Kum ba yah.
Please join us.

More to come folks.

So fucking what.... There are other ideas out there - why the fuck do you care if all ideas are taught???

Why is it when you read about evolution there are all sorts of ideas about the evolution of life. Everything from crystals to transpermia, yet the so called "open minded" get fucking bent when creationists share their ideas..

I mean can you fucking prove man, or even the universe(s) were not created by God??

To digress, do you believe string theory or m-theory is any more rational than the notion of creationism..

No, I'm not a religious nut. However I do get pissed when people dismiss certain ideas they cannot disprove....

Nick, Biology 101 is available for you at your local comnunity college. Get back to us when you have completed that.
I like your tenacity. Had a friend named Nick that played DT next to me for 3 years. Dude looked like you too!

More to come folks.

Nick, Biology 101 is available for you at your local comnunity college. Get back to us when you have completed that.
I like your tenacity. Had a friend named Nick that played DT next to me for 3 years. Dude looked like you too!

I love how I make a perfectly good argument and then you go and assert I've never been educated in biology, and 101 none the less.

You'd be better off not replying next time if all you're going to do is make an assertion you cant prove.

I love how I make a perfectly good argument and then you go and assert I've never been educated in biology, and 101 none the less.

You'd be better off not replying next time if all you're going to do is make an assertion you cant prove.

Your argument is no argument Nick.
How do you prove an invisible man in the sky exists or not?
NO one can disprove my belief in God.
NO ONE.
NO one CAN prove that an atheist is wrong.
NO ONE.
Beliefs can not be proven or disproven Nick. There is NO evidence of creation "science".
There is tons of evidence, scrutinized by the scientific method, that evolution is fact.
99% of the worlds colleges and universities teach it as fact.
Yet Nick knows better and claims it is a half assed theory.
Sure, right Nick, we are going to listen to you instead of a thoroughly researched theory that has stood up to the scientific method 100% of the time.
Do you even know what the scientific method is? How is that used and tell us what other areas in science that has been used in and what other scientific advances have been made over the last 200 years under that method?
Do I have to explain to you how the scientific method was used to develop your cell phone?
Beliefs are not science Nick. Religion is BELIEF.

I support school choice. If you do not like the school your kids go to either sell your house and move to a district where you like those schools or go to private school.
I went to private school and public schools. I moved to an area with excellent public schools.
Citizens have every right to receive the best public schools they can. Elect competent school boards and support those schools. If you do not like them then move.
School vouchers will never work. Anyone that knows how private schools operate is as soon as the demand for their school goes up and they are at capacity then the price skyrockets.
After all, you do know that private schools are FREE MARKET and are allowed to set their prices as they please and that demand always raises prices?
So what good does a 8K voucher do for a poor kid when the tuition is 20K at the private school?
I live in the real world, not some utopia of folks singing Kum ba yah.
Please join us.

You're objection is absurd. You construct a "reality" to support your conclusion, and then conclude accordingly. Circular reasoning, as if no one would notice. Competitive free markets drive costs down, not up, and more and more states are offering vouchers or educational tax credits. It's working just fine, not at all like you claim, the fantasy world of your own invention. But even that's a short-sighted or straightjacketed solution, a false quandary. There's no reason in the world that individual public schools or charters schools cannot approach science from both a metaphysical naturalism and/or a methodological naturalism and allow parents to choose which paradigm best fits their values and their children's needs.

The bottom line: you do not support school choice and insist that the government may legitimately impose your metaphysics on others. Natural and constitutional law do not support such a notion. And as long as you insist on imposing your ideology on others within the closed system you champion and vainly try to control it based on nothing more substantial than the rule of the elite or the mob, ultimately the same thing, really, don't be surprised when the ID theorist fights to shove his metaphysics down your throat. You're a hypocrite who offers no solution but the one that serves you. You simply want to override the parental consent and authority of others. You're a statist.

The rest of your blather is hypocrisy.

NO ONE.
NO ONE.
Beliefs can not be proven or disproven Nick. There is NO evidence of creation "science".
There is tons of evidence, scrutinized by the scientific method, that evolution is fact.
Sure, right Nick, we are going to listen to you instead of a thoroughly researched theory that has stood up to the scientific method 100% of the time.
Do you even know what the scientific method is? How is that used and tell us what other areas in science that has been used in and what other scientific advances have been made over the last 200 years under that method?
Do I have to explain to you how the scientific method was used to develop your cell phone?

And so behold the staggering ignorance of those who would impose their theory on others. There is no such thing as creation science, regardless of what some may claim. Creationism is a theological construct, which specifically attributes origins to the Judeo-Christian God. Science obviously cannot address anything beyond the temporal plain.

ID theory is not concerned with the nature of the potential designer, nor does it necessarily hold that one exists. Your ignorance is akin to that of the scientific illiterate who argues that evolution cannot be true because apes or monkeys are still around. ID strictly deals with empirical data, and design detection, predicated on irreducible and specified complexity, is an established branch of science. Materialists or absolute naturalists, like you, apparently, arbitrarily eschew its application to biochemistry and microbiology. That's all. Moreover, ID theory is primarily concerned with the nature of biological systems. The Pasteurian law of biogenesis and abiogenic research support the constructs of ID theory, while those of the Darwinian paradigm and the predictions thereof with regard to prebiotic chemistry have been falsified one after the other. And finally, ID theorists and evolutionary theorists do not disagree over the fact of microspeciation or the findings of biochemical research. The dispute goes to the interpretation of evidence with regard to their differing apriority for science and the gratuitous insertion of a common ancestry, which is stochastically tautological in nature: the latter cannot be directly observed, quantified or falsified.

Last edited:

NO ONE.
NO ONE.

Yeah, how dare I question....

Do you know what the scientific method is??? I certainly do.

I'm the one questioning here and all I see are a bunch of fucking retards satisfied with what they're told. They're not questioning they're accepting......Why don't you read books and ponder the facts and the gaps.

Now, I don't fucking believe there is enough evidence to teach evolution as FACT.....

You know, at one time there was a fucking theory that the earth was the center of the universe...

There is also a fucking theory called m-theory in which the universe is all made up of vibrating strings, there is also another theory of multiple universes...

There are a lot of theories, many of which contradict others....

Its funny how all those "theories" are being taught, despite the contradictions. Now if one contradicts the other - that means its WRONG, yet its still being taught as theory - IS IT NOT????

Oh, and the notion that the "words" taught in college are 99% fact..... :lol: I'm sure they said that 600 years ago too.

Colleges are nothing but political indoctrination centers, er "reeducation camps."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back