The Death of a Presidency

It may be a bit long winded but still. I do believe this law is and will be the death of Obama's presidency. For the remaining years to come, he will be haunted by the lies he told and the promises he broke.

Or not.

Actually, he kind of outsmarted Big Insurance. "OH, gosh, you can keep your policy if Big Insurance will give it to you!"

And the thing is, Big Insurance used ObamaCare as an excuse to dump all the people who were too old and too sick to make a profit off of.

So now, when the insurance companies don't renew those policies anyway, those folks will end up going to the exchanges and finding out, "Geez, I never realized how badly they were ripping me off!"

Big State won't let insurance companies reinstate policies. California and Washington came out with the hour and said the plans for 2014 had been approved and they won't revisit them this year. Of course the proposed reprieve is only good for a year so they won't allow insurance companies reissue illegal policies.

It may be a bit long winded but still. I do believe this law is and will be the death of Obama's presidency. For the remaining years to come, he will be haunted by the lies he told and the promises he broke.

Or not.

Actually, he kind of outsmarted Big Insurance. "OH, gosh, you can keep your policy if Big Insurance will give it to you!"

And the thing is, Big Insurance used ObamaCare as an excuse to dump all the people who were too old and too sick to make a profit off of.

So now, when the insurance companies don't renew those policies anyway, those folks will end up going to the exchanges and finding out, "Geez, I never realized how badly they were ripping me off!"

Big State won't let insurance companies reinstate policies. California and Washington came out with the hour and said the plans for 2014 had been approved and they won't revisit them this year. Of course the proposed reprieve is only good for a year so they won't allow insurance companies reissue illegal policies.

Maybe. But CA and WA are the states with strong exchanges, so that's probably not a problem.

again, the onus has been shifted back to Big Insurance.

Or not.

Maybe. But CA and WA are the states with strong exchanges, so that's probably not a problem.

If you had a brain you would be smart enough to know you are pathetically stupid.

Insurance has to follow the law, not the words of the president. He is not a king, or even a god, he has to enforce the law, not write it. The only way insurance companies would be on the hook for this is if Congress actually rewrites the law that grandfathers policies, and eliminates the fancy benefits that make, in your words, crap policies illegal. If that happened, Obama would veto it, because it would destroy Obamacare.

If you had a brain you would be smart enough to know you are pathetically stupid.

Insurance has to follow the law, not the words of the president. He is not a king, or even a god, he has to enforce the law, not write it. The only way insurance companies would be on the hook for this is if Congress actually rewrites the law that grandfathers policies, and eliminates the fancy benefits that make, in your words, crap policies illegal. If that happened, Obama would veto it, because it would destroy Obamacare.

Or he can just go ahead and grant a waiver like the law allows him to.

Come on, you guys have been carping about waivers for years now, what's another one.

the insurance companies WANT to dump these policies, they just don't want to take the blame for it.

They also don't want their customers shopping around, having a public option or a MediCare buy-in at 55.

Come on, you guys have been carping about waivers for years now, what's another one.

the insurance companies WANT to dump these policies, they just don't want to take the blame for it.

They also don't want their customers shopping around, having a public option or a MediCare buy-in at 55.

Spoken like a true Obama drone

Think for yourself much?

-Geaux

His ability to grant waivers ends where states' rights to regulate policies begins.

He made an empty gesture to try to fit an appearance of action in between Clinton's smackdown on Wednesday and Landrieu's bill on Friday.

Think for yourself much?

-Geaux
*Emphatically NO* Joey is a talking points Commie dupe. NO WAY he was ever a Conservative, much less Republican as he claims. He's a poseur as others like Fakey Starkey.

Or not.

And again we are reminded that insurance companies have no business being in the business of health care, and that's how we got here today.

It's an inherent truth: You are born with a body that will need care. So the concept of purchasing insurance to avoid the inevitable is absurd. Other first world countries know this and have adapted. Why can't we?

Insurance should stick to risk humans take for CHOICES such as boats, houses, cars, commercial enterprise, business ventures, and liability for exposing others to your choices.

If you don't agree, then please accept personal responsibility: Start having babies at home, cure yourself when you get sick and please, heal your family when they get sick and when you get old?... die at home, too. Stop making huge profits for insurance companies that KNOW the odds are on their side, not ours.

Last edited:
Oh, I wouldn't get your jockey straps hiked up too high, after all GHW Bush survived "Read my lips, no new taxes".

I thought that GHW Bush lost reelection because of that broken promise. And, a broken promise is not quite the same as outright lying 44 times in order to get reelected.

And again we are reminded that insurance companies have no business being in the business of health care, and that's how we got here today.

It's an inherent truth: You are born with a body that will need care. So the concept of purchasing insurance to avoid the inevitable is absurd. Other first world countries know this and have adapted. Why can't we?

Insurance should stick to risk humans take for CHOICES such as boats, houses, cars, commercial enterprise, business ventures, and liability for exposing others to your choices.

If you don't agree, then please accept personal responsibility: Start having babies at home, cure yourself when you get sick and please, heal your family when they get sick and when you get old?... die at home, too. Stop making huge profits for insurance companies that KNOW the odds are on their side, not ours.

Quit paying your Medicare Insurance and see what happens to you now.

Oh you're gonna' make me cry......Did you think to write a eulogy like this on the day Bear Stearns failed in 2008 setting off the worst financial calamity since 1929?

On September 12, 2001 when it came to light that Condie Rice and Bush just didn't happen to read the August Presidential Daily Briefs about OBL?

Did you think to write something like this when the war in Afghanistan hit its 10th anniversary?

Nah, I didn't think so.

If it wasn't for short-sightedness, you wouldn't be able to see anything at all.

Let me sum up this post for everyone: :lalala:

Think for yourself much?

-Geaux

Actually, quite a lot... it's why I couldn't really keep defending Bush when he messed up... well... everything.

But to the point, you guys are making a bigger deal about this than it actually is. Because you got outfoxed again.

Think for yourself much?

-Geaux
*Emphatically NO* Joey is a talking points Commie dupe. NO WAY he was ever a Conservative, much less Republican as he claims. He's a poseur as others like Fakey Starkey.

Because you've been with me every step of my 51 years on Earth, and know exactly what my life is?

[

His ability to grant waivers ends where states' rights to regulate policies begins.

He made an empty gesture to try to fit an appearance of action in between Clinton's smackdown on Wednesday and Landrieu's bill on Friday.

A gesture that refocuses the problem where it belongs- on the insurance companies.

Obama didn't cancel ONE policy. Not one.

Cigna and United Health Care and Blue Cross and Blue Sheild did.

Because they could no longer pretend that these policies really were anything more than paying your money for wishful thinking.

Oh, I wouldn't get your jockey straps hiked up too high, after all GHW Bush survived "Read my lips, no new taxes".

I thought that GHW Bush lost reelection because of that broken promise. And, a broken promise is not quite the same as outright lying 44 times in order to get reelected.
And then for folks like NTPP...to excuse it. Perhaps he likes defending liars, and LIVING in a lie? What does that say of him?

Or not.

There's no doubt that obama intended to do that when he made that statement but now people are paying attention. Only the most profoundly ignorant or partisan will believe it. The strong state exchanges still replace the policies that people wanted with more expensive policies they don't want.

“And you know, buying health insurance is never going to be like buying a song on iTunes. You know, it’s just a much more complicated transaction.”

I can't believe the smartest man in the room said that.....sigh

[

A gesture that refocuses the problem where it belongs- on the insurance companies.

Obama didn't cancel ONE policy. Not one.

Cigna and United Health Care and Blue Cross and Blue Sheild did.

Because they could no longer pretend that these policies really were anything more than paying your money for wishful thinking.

The "logic" behind that statement is breathtaking, Joe! Government passes a law and then businesses comply with that law but it's the businesses that are the "problem"? Did you really just make that claim?

The insurance industry is playing the cards that they have been dealt in this fiasco. The guy sitting with the green eye shade on in the dealer's seat is Barack Obama. This is his baby. It's got his name on it. He pushed it as the signature legislation for his administration. For progressive shills like yourself to turn around NOW and say that the insurance industry is to blame for why ObamaCare isn't working is farce of the highest order. This legislation doesn't work because it was badly written by a bunch of far left ideologues who didn't have a clue what they were doing and frankly didn't CARE because this was going to be the first step towards a single payer system run by the government.

Watch what happens. The young and healthy will not sign up. There will be no money for the sick. obamacare will turn into an overpriced killer existing only through sucking up massive taxes.

Forum List

Back