The Definition of a "Living Wage"

Do you agree with this definition of a Living Wage? (Ignore my personal opinion below it)

• Total voters
Thank you for that fat, hanging curveball I am about to launch into the Monster Seats!

He did not finance the car through the dealer! He financed it through his credit union. He told the dealer he was paying cash for the car (actually, certified check...they did not want cash), and negotiated the price.

And seriously: just WHAT did you buy for $3000 below invoice?

Thank you for that fat, hanging curveball I am about to launch into the Monster Seats!

He did not finance the car through the dealer! He financed it through his credit union. He told the dealer he was paying cash for the car (actually, certified check...they did not want cash), and negotiated the price.

And seriously: just WHAT did you buy for $3000 below invoice?

So how is the dealership making money off the financing? AND.. How is a 1% rate of finance better than the 0% paid if there is no financing? Are there any hidden caveats.. like does the rate go up if he is late on a payment?

The car I bought was a 2004 Avalon. It was the last one the dealer had and the 2005s were rolling in with a new redesign.

The money he paid for the car would be gone...but since he financed it, the money is earning interest (more than 1%!).

Rate may go up for late payments...doesn't matter, since it is paid automatically.

The money he paid for the car would be gone...but since he financed it, the money is earning interest (more than 1%!).

Rate may go up for late payments...doesn't matter, since it is paid automatically.

All things matter, anything can happen, the credit union is banking on the chance that it will. This is a special offer from the credit union to preferred customers in exchange for their business. I don't know all the details of this credit union, maybe they are charging more for checking services or pay a lower rate on savings, or dozens of other tangibles not being considered here. Hey... If my rich uncle is going to give me money to buy a car and charge me no interest, it's better than financing it or using my own invested money! But... that's not really the scenario we're discussing here, is it?

Generally speaking, the low interest rate financing offered by car dealers are a gimmick to sell you cars. You're not saving any money and it's not a smarter plan than paying cash. If you want to jump through hoops to find some conceivable way to disprove my argument, have fucking at it mate! It's Saturday, I've got better things to do.

Now, in my particular example, you will recall that I said I was taking my $1 million out of municipal bonds to start a business. This means I am selling the bonds to someone else and will no longer own them. This is not a capital gain, although I understand your confusion.

You are incredibly stupid and a liar.

You fucking don't "sell" municipal tax exempt bonds to "somebody" else.

I mean you are fucking stupid. You don't know what a " municipal tax exempt bond" IS. It's something you heard about somewhere and think you know wtf you are talking about. For some strange reason.

You are correct about this being Saturday and I got better things to do than make you look more stupid than I already have.

But good god dude. Fucking stupid and a liar.

Now, in my particular example, you will recall that I said I was taking my $1 million out of municipal bonds to start a business. This means I am selling the bonds to someone else and will no longer own them. This is not a capital gain, although I understand your confusion.

I mean you are fucking stupid. You don't know what a " municipal tax exempt bond" IS. It's something you heard about somewhere and think you know wtf you are talking about. For some strange reason.

You are correct about this being Saturday and I got better things to do than make you look more stupid than I already have.

Well sorry to break it to ya bud, but people do buy and sell municipal bonds every day. I don't know who told you otherwise... did you find that on Google or something?

He got the car for $100 over invoice. Tough to go much lower than that.

My Mazda CX-9 was $6800 under invoice when I bought it. When it's late in the year and a certain color isn't popular in a specific trim package the cost to keep the car on the books is higher than the loss the dealer would take on the car. I knew he needed it gone and they had five models exactly like mine, none of them selling, so I offered to write him a check for $22K on the spot. I told him to take it or leave it and started walking off. He let me get 20 feet and asked if he could call the bank to verify the check.

My sister got a similar car (same model just different color and options) and she was PISSED that I got such a good deal. HAHA

Last edited:
No, you are wrong. Gains in interest from my investment are taxed as capital gains. Once the asset is cashed in, it becomes taxable income at the 39.6% tax rate, unless I incorporate and transfer it to my corporate account, then it would be subject to the 25% corporate tax rate.

You are a liar dude. You claimed you were invested in tax free municipal bonds. Fucking just link up the google site PROVING what you claim or shut the fuck up.

Really?

MSRB Secondary Market Trading

And this:

Buying Municipal Bonds in the Secondary Market
The secondary market allows investors to buy bonds, which have already been issued, from other investors, bond dealers, banks and brokerage firms. In order to purchase bonds, you would first need to open an account with a firm or bank that deals in bonds.

How Do I Invest in Municipal Bonds

Buying Municipal Bonds in the Secondary Market
The secondary market allows investors to buy bonds, which have already been issued, from other investors, bond dealers, banks and brokerage firms. In order to purchase bonds, you would first need to open an account with a firm or bank that deals in bonds.

Well hell, would you look at that. There is a secondary market for bonds. That must be what you meant when you were talking about you. You are major bond investor. In the secondary market. I can tell now..

You could really hit a home run today when you or your new buddy show how that income generated by those people like you who are dealing bonds for investors, bond dealers, banks and brokerages firms in the secondary bond market are paying federal income taxes on those proceeds at 39%.

Now I guess you could be generating sales commissions that were so high you are taxed at the highest rate.
That must be it. You are a bond salesman. Now that makes more sense.

You could also buy bond based mutual funds. Individual investors. But they only have to pay cap gains rates.

But your claim of 39% tax is what got me going off. SO lets see that info and make your night.

I'll go watch football and drink beer instead of fucking around with you when you show me wrong again.

You could also buy bond based mutual funds. Individual investors. But they only have to pay cap gains rates.

But your claim of 39% tax is what got me going off. SO lets see that info and make your night.

I've posted the wiki link for cap gains taxes, did you not read it? You are talking about the tax rate for the interest received from a stock or bond. That is a capital gain, or gain on a capital investment. When you sell an asset, that is reported as unearned income on your tax return. Are you Charlie Rangel's tax advisor or something? If your Charlie Rangel or most any Democrat, you can just not fucking pay your taxes until you get caught.

Forum List

Back