šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

The Democratic party now has a 17 year old as its party leader

It was the gun dumbass. Stop being so ignorant.

I could put my semi automatic outside on the front porch all day and it won't kill a damn thing. I could do that every day and not one shot will be fired.
Wow, did you figure all that out on your own?! Impressive. Now let me ask you one. Give a killer a machine gun and a crowd vs. a musket and a crowd... in which scenario do more people die? Think hard...

Oh get real. Machine guns aren't legal. Neither is murder though.

If someone has criminal intent to commit mass murder they will find the appropriate weapons to do maximum damage. Where there is a will there is a way.
I didnt day anything about legal or illegal. I was make a point just like you were doing with your front porch story.

Iā€™m not buying your ā€œif thereā€™s a will thereā€™s a wayā€ crap. It may be true for some and we get a vegas situation... but itā€™s not true for most. Most get what they can get, they buy whatā€™s available. If there was a will to do max damage then more would use of machine guns but we donā€™t see that because they are heavily regulated. Can you at least acknowledge that point?

When have criminals been deterred from obtaining a gun simply because government regulated it? The question isnā€™t about regulation, thatā€™s the oldest overused message by progressives. The real question comes in the matter of prison time once a crime using a gun has been committed. Now because democrats are soft with regard to using the death penalty, we have to settle with jail time. Now can you quote for me how much jail time a convicted felon actually serves for using a gun to commit a crime thatā€™s also involved in a murder? Are we talking months or actual years? Is prison overcrowding a compensated, meh whatever, excuse for liberal progressives? No letā€™s only look to regulations. What a joke.
I have no problem with strict punishment for gun related violent crimes. Legalize drugs and clear the jails there will be plenty of room.

You totally dodged the regulation topic by the way.... do you think average joe citizen should be able to walk into Walmart and buy a machine gun, no questions asked? Simple question please give a simple answer

Apparently then, you believe that when there is a car crash, the fault lies with the car, not either of the drivers. Interesting. When infants drown in "empty" five-gallon plastic buckets with a little water in them, it is the fault of the bucket. Got it!
Drivers are at fault just like shooters are at fault, but because of the danger we have regulations to maximize safety. We have such things like, car safety standards, inspections, speed limits, licensing requirements, seat belt laws, traffic signs, DUI regulations and fines. Do you really not understand how this works?

Iā€™m going to use your speed limit example as one. If you have a section of highway that drops to 55 but you find the vast majority are simply going at a their own chosen speed of 75 maybe even 80, how effective is that speed limit viewed as being effective?

Letā€™s now look to drugs. Remember the old ā€œthis is your brain ad of the 80s? How effective has that government enforcement been? Obviously you can tell by the amount of states hoping to legalize pot (of course government will make sure to stop.. question.. and enforce the ā€œonly for medical purposesā€ when they see you using it)

Shall we also go into prohibition with how effective that went for the government?
If you want to slow people down then put a speed bump in the road. But to answer you question, speed limit signs do slow many people down, not everybody, bit a large percentage of people follow the law and are safe drivers.

As for drugs, legalize them then regulate the sales. Easy

For guns, make sure safe guns are available to law abiding citizens. Restrict crazies and criminals from getting them as best we can. Donā€™t make weapons easily capable of mass destruction readily available. Easy

Apparently then, you believe that when there is a car crash, the fault lies with the car, not either of the drivers. Interesting. When infants drown in "empty" five-gallon plastic buckets with a little water in them, it is the fault of the bucket. Got it!
Drivers are at fault just like shooters are at fault, but because of the danger we have regulations to maximize safety. We have such things like, car safety standards, inspections, speed limits, licensing requirements, seat belt laws, traffic signs, DUI regulations and fines. Do you really not understand how this works?

Iā€™m going to use your speed limit example as one. If you have a section of highway that drops to 55 but you find the vast majority are simply going at a their own chosen speed of 75 maybe even 80, how effective is that speed limit viewed as being effective?

Letā€™s now look to drugs. Remember the old ā€œthis is your brain ad of the 80s? How effective has that government enforcement been? Obviously you can tell by the amount of states hoping to legalize pot (of course government will make sure to stop.. question.. and enforce the ā€œonly for medical purposesā€ when they see you using it)

Shall we also go into prohibition with how effective that went for the government?
Enforce that speed limit and watch how fast it becomes effective.

Laws like regulations are meaningless if all you do is regulate without enforcement, I just proved that by watching liberals simply blow by the other cited examples. obviously you were able to prove just how effective Government has been in trying to ā€œregulateā€ and control the flow of drugs in this country. Just like guns, Government regulations to control the flow by making it illegal has been proven ineffective.

Thanks for proving my point. Donā€™t make it this easy next time .

I could put my semi automatic outside on the front porch all day and it won't kill a damn thing. I could do that every day and not one shot will be fired.
Wow, did you figure all that out on your own?! Impressive. Now let me ask you one. Give a killer a machine gun and a crowd vs. a musket and a crowd... in which scenario do more people die? Think hard...

If someone has criminal intent to commit mass murder they will find the appropriate weapons to do maximum damage. Where there is a will there is a way.
I didnt day anything about legal or illegal. I was make a point just like you were doing with your front porch story.

Iā€™m not buying your ā€œif thereā€™s a will thereā€™s a wayā€ crap. It may be true for some and we get a vegas situation... but itā€™s not true for most. Most get what they can get, they buy whatā€™s available. If there was a will to do max damage then more would use of machine guns but we donā€™t see that because they are heavily regulated. Can you at least acknowledge that point?

When have criminals been deterred from obtaining a gun simply because government regulated it? The question isnā€™t about regulation, thatā€™s the oldest overused message by progressives. The real question comes in the matter of prison time once a crime using a gun has been committed. Now because democrats are soft with regard to using the death penalty, we have to settle with jail time. Now can you quote for me how much jail time a convicted felon actually serves for using a gun to commit a crime thatā€™s also involved in a murder? Are we talking months or actual years? Is prison overcrowding a compensated, meh whatever, excuse for liberal progressives? No letā€™s only look to regulations. What a joke.
I have no problem with strict punishment for gun related violent crimes. Legalize drugs and clear the jails there will be plenty of room.

You totally dodged the regulation topic by the way.... do you think average joe citizen should be able to walk into Walmart and buy a machine gun, no questions asked? Simple question please give a simple answer

Last I checked, you canā€™t buy a machine gun at Walmart (so that argument does not speak to this recent news for more regulations) ..yet itā€™s the left thatā€™s never satisfied without dumping a bigger government pile on the issue. How many criminals who wish to commit a violent crime, never seem to get a hold of a gun in the streets due to government regulations? Can you provide that statistic?

Also where is your statistic on how much time is actually served, when the crime is associated with with use of guns in committing murder? I seemed to have missed that one in your reply. Regulations only seems to give an ā€œappearanceā€ for getting something done, but supporters of more regulations are very quiet when it comes to actual time served. How effective are regulations when those convicted arenā€™t facing severe penalties for their crime - no deterrent.

Your mention of legalizing drugs just adds to my argument that regulations to curb behavior and prevent unnecessary innocent death has failed. Making drugs illegal through government intervention (regulating) simply does not work. Yet not one reply has yet to address this. Prohibition is another attempted effort by government to curb behavior. That failed and no one wants to address this either.

Last edited:

Laws like regulations are meaningless if all you do is regulate without enforcement, I just proved that by watching liberals simply blow by the other cited examples. obviously you were able to prove just how effective Government has been in trying to ā€œregulateā€ and control the flow of drugs in this country. Just like guns, Government regulations to control the flow by making it illegal has been proven ineffective.

All regulations require enforcement. Thereā€™s no point in having a regulation without it.

Show us all where that can possibly happen, then you will be taken seriously. Until then, you're a joke.

If you want to slow people down then put a speed bump in the road. But to answer you question, speed limit signs do slow many people down, not everybody, bit a large percentage of people follow the law and are safe drivers.

For guns, make sure safe guns are available to law abiding citizens. Restrict crazies and criminals from getting them as best we can. Donā€™t make weapons easily capable of mass destruction readily available. Easy

"Safe gun" is an oxymoron.

All regulations require enforcement. Thereā€™s no point in having a regulation without it.

Well you can prove that then by simply providing me facts, showing the length of time convicts ACTUALLY serve in prison when they are found guilty of a crime involving guns as well as those cases they are convicted of murder. Show me this ā€œenforcementā€ of time served among those found guilty of using guns.

Also what happened to the war on drugs, that government promised to crack down for kids who get addicted and the relentless cases of drug overdose across this nation? Where is this success of government involvement in criminalizing drugs?

I really donā€™t see this ā€œenforcementā€ of regulations through incarceration sentences served. I doubt you can back up your statement Faun.

Well you can prove that then by simply providing me facts, showing the length of time convicts ACTUALLY serve in prison when they are found guilty of a crime involving guns as well as those cases they are convicted of murder. Show me this ā€œenforcementā€ of time served among those found guilty of using guns.

Also what happened to the war on drugs, that government promised to crack down for kids who get addicted and the relentless cases of drug overdose across this nation? Where is this success of government involvement in criminalizing drugs?

I really donā€™t see this ā€œenforcementā€ of regulations through incarceration sentences served. I doubt you can back up your statement Faun.
Imbecile, violators serve no time when regulations are not enforced. :eusa_doh:

Show us all where that can possibly happen, then you will be taken seriously. Until then, you're a joke.
You canā€™t probide a simple answer to a simple question! Try again... Iā€™m not claiming that scenario is happening. Iā€™m asking if you think it should.

Would you consider a musket safer than a machine gun? How about in a situation, say shooting into a crowd, will one cause more death than the other? Think hard

Last I checked, you canā€™t buy a machine gun at Walmart (so that argument does not speak to this recent news for more regulations) ..yet itā€™s the left thatā€™s never satisfied without dumping a bigger government pile on the issue. How many criminals who wish to commit a violent crime, never seem to get a hold of a gun in the streets due to government regulations? Can you provide that statistic?

Also where is your statistic on how much time is actually served, when the crime is associated with with use of guns in committing murder? I seemed to have missed that one in your reply. Regulations only seems to give an ā€œappearanceā€ for getting something done, but supporters of more regulations are very quiet when it comes to actual time served. How effective are regulations when those convicted arenā€™t facing severe penalties for their crime - no deterrent.

Your mention of legalizing drugs just adds to my argument that regulations to curb behavior and prevent unnecessary innocent death has failed. Making drugs illegal through government intervention (regulating) simply does not work. Yet not one reply has yet to address this. Prohibition is another attempted effort by government to curb behavior. That failed and no one wants to address this either.
Bare with me an answer the question. Do you think anybody should be able to walk into Walmart and buy a machine gun, no questions asked? Yes or no.

So instead of finding a common denominator of where mass shooters obtain their weapons you want to blame school policy? That's intelligent decit [deceit] at it best.

Yes, since school policy, local law enforcement and the FBI were at fault.

Which is why we need responsible gun laws, because people like you would leave their weapon on the porch.
since when can't he do that if he's there?

If he's there wouldn't he "have" the weapon? If you "leave" it would mean you left.

Let me "leave" you with one last thought; Learn to read!

Let me provide an example which may explain it better for you. Which regulation exactly, oh do tell, was effective in preventing the gun shooting at a the YouTube headquarters in San Bruno California? Was there not any effort to provide stricter regulations since the killings at San Bernardino? How strict is that Stateā€™s gun laws? Was it classified as a safe ā€œgun freeā€ zone by the corporation?

Can you provide an answer behind those gun laws and gun regulations?

Would you consider a musket safer than a machine gun? How about in a situation, say shooting into a crowd, will one cause more death than the other? Think hard

[QUOTE="Slade3200, post: 19656064, member: 56533]

Bare with me an answer the question. Do you think anybody should be able to walk into Walmart and buy a machine gun, no questions asked? Yes or no.

"Safe gun" is an oxymoron. [/QUOTE]

Never let it be said I canā€™t multitask on this board. Here we go:

There wasnā€™t a machine gun used in a crowd (if youā€™re trying to imply Las Vegas) nor can you buy one at Walmart. Perhaps you can tell me what superstore or membership warehouse supplies one that youā€™re particularly concerned about. Think hard.

[QUOTE="Slade3200, post: 19656064, member: 56533]

Never let it be said I canā€™t multitask on this board. Here we go:

There wasnā€™t a machine gun used in a crowd (if youā€™re trying to imply Las Vegas) nor can you buy one at Walmart. Perhaps you can tell me what superstore or membership warehouse supplies one that youā€™re particularly concerned about. Think hard.[/QUOTE]
Read this slowly cause you keep missing the point. Iā€™m not saying this exists, Iā€™m asking if you think it should exist... should average joe citizen be able to buy a machine gun no questions asked? Simple question. Yes or no

Let me provide an example which may explain it better for you. Which regulation exactly, oh do tell, was effective in preventing the gun shooting at a the YouTube headquarters in San Bruno California? Was there not any effort to provide stricter regulations since the killings at San Bernardino? How strict is that Stateā€™s gun laws? Was it classified as a safe ā€œgun freeā€ zone by the corporation?

Now you're talking oranges while I'm speaking of apples.

I'm not talking about preventing every single crime. That's never possible. I said no one goes to jail when regulations are not enforced.

Now you're talking oranges while I'm speaking of apples.

I'm not talking about preventing every single crime. That's never possible. I said no one goes to jail when regulations are not enforced.

We might actually be able to do something about law enforcement not enforcing the law if the left would stop leaping to "Ban the guns! The guns are at fault!" long enough to actually let us talk about it.

Forum List

Back