The difference between a Conservative and a liberal is

Why aren't record corporate profits trickling down?

Well for one stockholders are taxed twice ..
Once at the corporate level after paying federal taxes, corporations pay dividends.
Then the shareholders report dividends as income and taxed again.

For another..
Who owns stock in the stock market???
Households 35%
Mutual funds 20% (made up of households))
Pension funds 9% (again mostly made up of workers 401Ks, pensions..
Govt. Retirement funds 8%
International investors 13%
Hedge Funds 3% again mostly households..
ETFs 4%
Other 8%...
So let's see you capitalist bashers...
if 72% are owned by HOUSEHOLDS... maybe you should consider this fact then also...

Ownership peaked at 65% in 2007. It has been below 60% since 2009, even as the broader market has bounced back from the March 2009 lows.
According to Gallup, part of the reason fewer Americans are invested in stocks may be due to their inability to buy in. Stock ownership stood north of 60% when unemployment was relatively modest.
But ever since the recession took hold and unemployment spiked, ownership has been on the decline.
Stocks at record highs, but only half of all Americans invested - May. 9, 2013
View attachment 29309

Here's Who Owns The Stock Market - Business Insider

So once cliched, worn out ideas, only the rich on stocks... all completely ignore the above facts!

A conservative goes out in the world and shops for Health Care, while a Liberal demands that tax payers pay for their right of health care, even though health care isn't a right.

Hey Ed, check out Erika Harold, a Conservative African American Lady from Illinois that went to Harvard Law school and won Miss America in 2003. She will be running for Congress this election. Did I mention African American and Woman??
There is also Allen West, Tim Scott, Mia Love, David Webb, well you'll see, African American Conservatives are about to come out of the wood work now.
How many of them will get 90% of the black vote?????

Probably not 90%, but like I say, the tide is turning.. The more educated that blacks get about their country and what is REALLY going down, the more conservatives you will see arise from them. History has proven that going the liberal way is not the way to go, for instance, look at Detroit, or look at the downfall of Rome. Likewise, progress is slow, but some is better than none at all.

A conservative goes out in the world and shops for Health Care, while a Liberal demands that tax payers pay for their right of health care, even though health care isn't a right.

Hey Ed, check out Erika Harold, a Conservative African American Lady from Illinois that went to Harvard Law school and won Miss America in 2003. She will be running for Congress this election. Did I mention African American and Woman??
There is also Allen West, Tim Scott, Mia Love, David Webb, well you'll see, African American Conservatives are about to come out of the wood work now.
How many of them will get 90% of the black vote?????

Probably not 90%, but like I say, the tide is turning.. The more educated that blacks get about their country and what is REALLY going down, the more conservatives you will see arise from them. History has proven that going the liberal way is not the way to go, for instance, look at Detroit, or look at the downfall of Rome. Likewise, progress is slow, but some is better than none at all.

On the other hand look at social security, medical/care, liberal plans. History. Liberalism does work, of course unless you want your mom and dad moving in with you when they're in their old age.

Last edited:
Those who vote 90% for a person because of skin color, promise of a free phone, and getting life long support from that person's 'stash', are stupid.
The only people who vote for a person because of his skin color are CON$. Blacks vote 90% for white Democrats, but CON$ rarely vote for a black person Dem or GOP.

Blacks were voting for White Democrats BEFORE Reagan tried to buy votes with free phone service.

The liberal would then impose a law requiring a fishing license, then set limits on the number and types of fish one can catch. Heavy fines would then be levied for not having a license or catching a non permitted fish.

A conservative would fish and fish and fish until there were none left. As long as he made a heap of cash, fuck the rest. As I said, with cons it's all about me, me, me

conservatives conserve you idiot. on the other hand go through any liberal city; see filth and waste like you never seen before

and who doesnt like cash leftard? you?
CON$ say one thing and do the opposite. CON$ waste just for SPITE!!!!!

Consume to Celebrate Earth Day!
April 22, 2008
RUSH: Somebody asked me yesterday, "What are you going to urge your audience to do on Earth Day?" I said, "It's very simple. Drive. Drive! Drive five miles above the speed limit when you're on the highway. Go out and buy, buy, buy! Use extra toilet paper. Clog up the toilet if you have to with extra toilet paper. Use, use, use. Turn on every light in the house, every light in the office, and leave it on when you leave -- and if you see anybody driving a stupid hybrid around, just buzz 'em with your horn and wave at 'em as you speed by." Just ram it down their throats, ladies and gentlemen.

April 29, 2008
RUSH: Don't misunderstand me, ladies and gentlemen. I'm all for conservation. I'm all for not wasting things.

April 22, 2009
RUSH: By the way, this is Earth Day, ladies and gentlemen. Well, what am I going to do for Earth Day? I'm going to have every one of my cars driven as much as possible today. I've got my airplane flying to Los Angeles and back. Let's see, all the lights are going to be on, the air-conditioning down to 68 degrees in four of the five houses. The property manager likes it at 65.

Why aren't record corporate profits trickling down?

Well for one stockholders are taxed twice ..
Once at the corporate level after paying federal taxes, corporations pay dividends.
Then the shareholders report dividends as income and taxed again.
Bullshit!
Corporations are taxed once, at least those few corporations who pay taxes.

Shareholders are taxed only once, and only when their capital gains are REALIZED, that is.

If anybody is taxed twice it is wage earners. They are taxed when they earn it and again when they spend it.

Last edited:
conservatives conserve you idiot. on the other hand go through any liberal city; see filth and waste like you never seen before

Conservatives like to conserve the status quo - no Civil liberties, no gay marriage, no abortion. That is the only meaning of conservative. So are all the conservation boards in the US full of Conservatives? Really? Aren't you guys always banging on about getting rid of the EPA? So now you're a fan? Cool

I like cash but not at the expense of fucking up everything else, Moron.

Worse – they seek to take America back to a time of fear and inequality; when working Americans were subject to the capricious whims of their employers absent recourse, when corporations could pollute the environment with impunity, and when gay and transgender Americans were treated as criminals.

Conservatives like to conserve the status quo - no Civil liberties, no gay marriage, no abortion. That is the only meaning of conservative. So are all the conservation boards in the US full of Conservatives? Really? Aren't you guys always banging on about getting rid of the EPA? So now you're a fan? Cool

I like cash but not at the expense of fucking up everything else, Moron.

Worse – they seek to take America back to a time of fear and inequality; when working Americans were subject to the capricious whims of their employers absent recourse, when corporations could pollute the environment with impunity, and when gay and transgender Americans were treated as criminals.

To some on the right, those were the good old days.

Neither side has done a very good job representing the middle class and they never will until the middle class start standing up for their own interests.

I'd applaud the liberal for giving some poor sod the fish provided the liberal hadn't stolen it from a person who caught it and needed it to feed his/her own family.

Also, another forlorn hope......

It would never happen.

Leftists are consumed with greed. The ONLY charity from a leftist is giving away what belongs to others.

A liberal gives the poor a fish

A conservative teaches the poor to fish

A leftist kills the liberal and the conservative, takes both fish, gives the head and bones to the poor, and Obama gives a speech on how cruel Republicans are for wanting the poor to fish... While dining on fillet of sole...

Where do you guys get this crap?
The modern conservative is more likely to corner the fish market and drive up the prices.

I'd applaud the liberal for giving some poor sod the fish provided the liberal hadn't stolen it from a person who caught it and needed it to feed his/her own family.

Also, another forlorn hope......

It would never happen.

Leftists are consumed with greed. The ONLY charity from a leftist is giving away what belongs to others.

A liberal gives the poor a fish

A conservative teaches the poor to fish

A leftist kills the liberal and the conservative, takes both fish, gives the head and bones to the poor, and Obama gives a speech on how cruel Republicans are for wanting the poor to fish... While dining on fillet of sole...

Where do you guys get this crap?
The modern conservative is more likely to corner the fish market and drive up the prices.
Exactly, that is the whole point of Capitalism, drive your competition out of business, take over their assets, and maximize profits.
Cutthroat Capitalism!

The $50 Lesson

I recently asked my neighbor's little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be the President of the United States of America. Both of her parents, liberal democrats, were standing there. I asked her, "What is the first thing you would do as President"?
"I would give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed.
"Wow.. what a worthy goal" I told her. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull the weeds and sweep the floors and I will give you $50. Then I will take you down to the grocery store and you can give him the $50 to use towards food and a new house."
She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless man come over and do the work, and you can pay him the $50"? I said "Welcome to the Republican Party."

The liberal sees a hungry person and gives a fish thus feeding the hungry person for just one day.

The conservative teaches the hungry person how to fish thereby feeding the person for a life time.

The liberal would then impose a law requiring a fishing license, then set limits on the number and types of fish one can catch. Heavy fines would then be levied for not having a license or catching a non permitted fish.

A conservative would fish and fish and fish until there were none left. As long as he made a heap of cash, fuck the rest. As I said, with cons it's all about me, me, me

what you say is true for many Conservatives Grump.....but i live in a State with plenty of Liberals with that same attitude.....so it goes both ways.....

Last edited:
The difference between Conservatives and Liberals with respect to:

VIEWS OF THE WEALTHY AND GOVERNMENT

Liberals think middle class conservatives are stupid for siding with those successful individuals who chose to risk their own capital to build consumer demand (demand which is based on the creative ingenuity to establish a consumer need through an individual's talented inspiration or invention) in producing their OWN wealth for their family. Wealth that in turn provides a better life and more opportunities for their children that their parents didn't have, teaching their kids the rewards that come from hard work through personal sacrifice and a "financial education" that comes through taking personal risk to invest in themselves. The kind of ethical teaching to build success for yourself and your children that conservatives believe shouldn't be a viewed as a means to "set an example" of punishment by the government.

While liberals feel the middle class ought to side with a government who takes from those who are among the most successful as a "moral obligation", to provide opportunities for those who prefer not to financially educate themselves and take any personal risk of their OWN capital. Where wealth and success is not earned through greater personal sacrifice and knowledge, but through the belief of "entitlement" as its more tolerable supplemental replacement.

EDUCATION AND THE MIDDLE CLASS

Liberals pride in a government that controls (control is a common theme among liberals) what they feel should be in the parent's best interest in providing a public education, while limiting the ability of parents to seek out for themselves the best "quality" choice of education that establishes the most opportunities of success for their children. Where the PARENT'S choice for private education as an alternative on the taxpayer's dime is shunned, while their political leaders chose not to subject their kids to public education (the politics of do as I say, not as I do). Political leaders who's government taxpayer position provides educational opportunities that are perceived to be found only among the very rich, rather than subject their kids to the same limited choice standards of the middle class they claim to represent.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you cons have even met liberals in real life. It seems like Fox News douches like Sean Hannity tell you what you want to hear about them and the cycle of ignorance just continues.

The OP's statement reflects a Republican meme from decades ago about liberals, a meme that was constructed in the time of JFK thru to Lyndon Johnson, but which is only still repeated by those who are out of touch with the America of today.

Liberal today is only a bad word among mostly white people of a certain age.

To be a liberal supporter today means that you are more fiscally conservative than the conservatives who continue to pretend to trumpet that issue as their own. But it's baseless. Under Republican administrations, deficits pile up, and under modern Democratic administrations, order is constantly restored.

What do progressive liberals want? Immigration reform that helps to put somewhere between 8-12 million people on the books and on the pathway to citizenship. They're here anyway, and have been here working for years now. Immigration reform is an avenue to collecting much-needed revenue to help close the budget gap as well as keeping college educated illegals from going back and helping some other country with high-grade skills they've picked up here and could use here.

A supporter of liberals today wants to see a comprehensive Jobs Bill pass Congress and signed into law by the President.

A supporter of liberals today wants less taxpayer money going into welfare programs for people who work full-time hours but still can't afford the basic costs of living in America. The solution? Give America a raise. Taxpayers should NOT be subsidizing full-time employees of multi-billion dollar corporations. They should be paying their employees a more fair wage. 70% of Americans including more than half of Republican voters agree in raising the minimum wage.

Progressives want to see a billionaires tax applied to income over a billion. The revenue helps us to close the budget gap and invest in jobs and education, research and development.

The Progressive Caucus Budget would have put us back into surplus again by now, just as the progressive recent budgets in California have put that state back on track again.

Amazing what you can get done when Teabaggers and anti-intellectuals don't get to waste everyone's time with shenanigans like governing our ladies' vaginas.

A liberal today is more fiscally conservative, and more of a real conservative when it comes to the environment and energy. The liberal stance is actually one of conservation, while the conservative stance is to pillage the land liberally. Ironic.

To be a conservative today means that you must be for the abolishing of most of the federal government, except in the cases of the defense, war profiteering, and making your corporate friends as much money as possible.

To be conservative today means that all taxes are evil, but unlimited borrowing from China to pay for whatever militaristic whim a con may have is justified.

To be conservative today means ignoring massive budget deficits when you're in power, and then blaming liberals for it the moment they begin serving in office on the heels of a conservative mess.

To be conservative today means believing in a totally radical economic theory that was invented on a napkin and that has continually failed ever since we began following it, which is trickle-down economics. We'll ship all of our country's wealth wholesale to the top percentile and then they'll rain down prosperity on us all!

If you still believe in that economic theory, you're not a conservative; you're irresponsible.

Liberals have basically assimilated so many moderate Republicans into their tent the last couple decades now, that it's no wonder they're actually good at closing our budget gaps whereas Republicans will actually cut taxes and then spend twice as much, which is irrational and dangerous.

Ame®icano;8612532 said:
Please define the "golden goose" in current terms!

People and businesses that actually pay taxes. Taxpayers.

If the golden goose = taxpayers then why are conservatives so adamantly opposed to the health of taxpayers AKA as the ACA?

Why is Obama afraid to fully implement the ACA law AS IS without pick and choosing which parts of the law are to be upheld .... and which ones we really don't need to worry about right now? You boasted about it, you committed your presidency in support of Pelosi bogging down Congress to ram it down our throats into law, you signed it, now at least have the balls to allow the new ACA law to stand or fail on its own without making excuses for what went wrong and what potential damage it could bring to the party who OWNS it.

If the President of the United States that isn't even up for reelection doesn't want to implement Obamacare fully, then we have a problem apparently..

It all depends on what kind of liberal and what kind of conservative

religious righties and base liberals want to take away different rights

Cons want freedom while progressive demand government tyranny

Cons want America for Americans and immigrants, libs want the nwo

Cons think the Constitution is an excellent document that should only be changed very rarely and only to remove power from government. Libs think it's old, out dated and useless.

Ame®icano;8612532 said:
Please define the "golden goose" in current terms!

People and businesses that actually pay taxes. Taxpayers.

If the golden goose = taxpayers then why are conservatives so adamantly opposed to the health of taxpayers AKA as the ACA?

See, this is what kills me about leftist.

How many times have you been told the aca has caused more people to lose coverage than got coverage?

It's simply impossible for you to not know.

and yet you still lie that it's making things better.

Conservatives save their money.

Liberals spend your money.

That pretty much sums it up, as liberals really have absolutely no comprehension of cost. Much the same as liberals believing that paying another 8 months of Federal Unemployment Extensions, which generates no government revenue, is somehow better for the economy than using that same sacrifice in government spending to lower tax burdens and lessen Federal regulations on small businesses that will actually help CREATE jobs.

Forum List

Back