The Dirty Little Secret: Most Gay Couples Aren't Monogamous

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

Most gay couples aren t monogamous Will straight couples go monogamish

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
Another stupid thread intended to smear gays. So what if they are, or may be less monogamous than heterosexuals? What the hell does that have to do wit commitment? There are many heterosexual couples who are not monogamous and are very committed to the relationship. My wife and I are one example. Married 30 years and non monogamous! You might want to google the Polyamory Society.

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
Another stupid thread intended to smear gays. So what if they are, or may be less monogamous than heterosexuals? What the hell does that have to do wit commitment? There are many heterosexual couples who are not monogamous and are very committed to the relationship. My wife and I are one example. Married 30 years and non monogamous! You might want to google the Polyamory Society.

Why in God's name would we want to do that, weirdo?

What does monogamy have to do with commitment?

You're too stupid to bother arguing with.

When have I claimed that?

Khmer Rouge SOP holds that anyone who in any way questions or criticizes the holy Teh Ghey is queer. The idea is that since nothing in the universe is worse than being teh ghey, accusing those who dare question or criticize of being queer will instantly cow them into submission,

The Duhs of the world demand "GAYS are perfect and beyond questioning - IF you doubt this, you're a fucking queer..."

Who are you yelling at? Looks like its me.

Why in God's name would we want to do that, weirdo?

How are we supposed to know what wierd Nazi Christians like you would want to do?

Who are you yelling at? Looks like its me.

Who says I'm yelling?

OK

Divorce Rate Higher in Counties With More Conservative Protestants, Study Says
Divorce Rate Higher in Counties With More Conservative Protestants Study Says

Divorce rate is higher among religiously conservative Protestants, and even among those living around them, finds a new study that examined all counties in the United States where divorces occurred and looked at what the characteristics of those counties were.

From the Christian post

Yanno.......................saying that gays aren't monogamous and therefore should not be allowed to marry is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

What about all those politicians who have been caught fooling around? Going up the Appalachian Trail perhaps? Does that mean that since they were unable to be monogamous, they should get divorced?

Interestingly enough, I've known gays all my life, and many of the COUPLES I was introduced to had been around together and monogamous with each other for 5 plus years. The lesbians that I lived with had been together for 9 years when I met them, and they had a better relationship with each other than many married couples that I knew.

Then.....................there are some of the couples that I know who are swingers. Do they have to get divorced because they have sex with people other than their spouse? My personal opinion, swingers aren't sinning, because both people in the relationship know what's going on and are good with it. My idea of adultery is taking the love that someone gives you and sharing it with someone else outside of letting your SO know what is going on.

Probably the stupidest thread that I've come across in a long time.

Good to see that Christian bigotry is alive and well though...............

From the Christian post

They didn't poll actual conservatives. They just looked at divorce rates by county and assumed the people getting divorced in counties with a high percentage of conservatives were conservatives themselves. They also don't explain how a county was identified as being "conservative."

In other words, we have another left-wing poll using questionable methods to push a political agenda.

You can identify a county as "conservative" or "liberal" by looking at the way the county voted in the last election.

Why do you think that some places are called "red states" and some are called "blue states" and yet others (which are a combo of both) are called "purple states".

And yeah...............people have a higher chance of being a conservative if they live in a conservative voting district. And..................if there are lots of divorces, statistically, many of those are going to be among conservative voters.

From the Christian post

They didn't poll actual conservatives. They just looked at divorce rates by county and assumed the people getting divorced in counties with a high percentage of conservatives were conservatives themselves. They also don't explain how a county was identified as being "conservative."

In other words, we have another left-wing poll using questionable methods to push a political agenda.
Interesting. So, the mere presence of conservatives caused more divorces. That's some fucked up shit.

The percentage of straight hating gays is far lower than gay hating straights

Another statistic from Duhs, that he made up out of thin air..

Which is the case with pretty much everything you post....
as always talking out you ass ......
image.jpg
cannot refute so you dodge!
Argument from Ignorance.

I wish to God you rubes would take a course in Logic and another one in Critical Thinking.

From the Christian post

Red states, blue states, and divorce: Understanding the impact of conservative protestantism on regional variation in divorce rates

Red states blue states and divorce Understanding the impact of conservative protestantism on regional variation in divorce rates Council on Contemporary Families

Gotta love how obsessed the Christian Right moral crusade is with gay sex. All they seem to have on their minds is gay sex all the time. Makes you wonder after a while if what really pisses off some of our Republican friends is that they're too ashamed to come out of the closet.
Yes very telling isn't it

Forum List

Back