The Dirty Little Secret: Most Gay Couples Aren't Monogamous

Jesus reduced all sin to two basic commands. This is the one that would apply to gay marriage if it was a sin.

You think that if you love each other, you don't have to pay any attention to the rest of the Bible?

You seriously missed the boat. Obviously you're not a Christian.

What Jesus says puts the rest of the Bible in context. It is not that the rest of the Bible is ignored, it is that it has to be understood within the commandment to love God and your neighbor.

If you really believe you are loving your neighbor as yourself then I think you are just fooling yourself.
If you really believe sodomy isn't a sin, you're fooling yourself..and any of the young things who are unfortunate enough to listen to you.

How is gay marriage a failure of either partner to love their neighbor as themselves?
Who cares? Sorry, boobor, you don't get to redefine Christianity, and then pretend like that's the accepted form. It's not, and you aren't a Christian. You don't dictate to the rest of us, who are, what constitutes a sin..and what doesn't.

I know what a sin is. Trust me, there is more than one. That isn't to say that loving your neighbor as yourself isn't a good thing, it is. But to not do so is NOT the only sin. And I guarantee that the homonazis are not loving their neighbors as themselves. We see it every time one of those freaks vandalizes a fast food franchise or targets a Christian.

Jesus will let us know in the end. He gave us a big hint when he told us to love our neighbors as ourselves though. If you had a basic understanding of Christ it would probably help you in this conversation. Unfortunately it seems that you have been lead astray by those who focus on only some passages that came before Christ and some stuff written by Paul, all of it was likely taken out of context. This makes you more of a follower of people other than Christ.

If you want to follow Christ love your neighbor as yourself and love God. When dealing with other people just love them as best you can and you will be following Christ. We are still sinful and ignorant creatures but if you put love first you have a shot.

You think that if you love each other, you don't have to pay any attention to the rest of the Bible?

You seriously missed the boat. Obviously you're not a Christian.

What Jesus says puts the rest of the Bible in context. It is not that the rest of the Bible is ignored, it is that it has to be understood within the commandment to love God and your neighbor.

If you really believe you are loving your neighbor as yourself then I think you are just fooling yourself.
If you really believe sodomy isn't a sin, you're fooling yourself..and any of the young things who are unfortunate enough to listen to you.

How is gay marriage a failure of either partner to love their neighbor as themselves?
Who cares? Sorry, boobor, you don't get to redefine Christianity, and then pretend like that's the accepted form. It's not, and you aren't a Christian. You don't dictate to the rest of us, who are, what constitutes a sin..and what doesn't.

I know what a sin is. Trust me, there is more than one. That isn't to say that loving your neighbor as yourself isn't a good thing, it is. But to not do so is NOT the only sin. And I guarantee that the homonazis are not loving their neighbors as themselves. We see it every time one of those freaks vandalizes a fast food franchise or targets a Christian.

Jesus will let us know in the end. He gave us a big hint when he told us to love our neighbors as ourselves though. If you had a basic understanding of Christ it would probably help you in this conversation. Unfortunately it seems that you have been lead astray by those who focus on only some passages that came before Christ and some stuff written by Paul, all of it was likely taken out of context. This makes you more of a follower of people other than Christ.

If you want to follow Christ love your neighbor as yourself and love God. When dealing with other people just love them as best you can and you will be following Christ. We are still sinful and ignorant creatures but if you put love first you have a shot.

I do follow Christ. I do it without giving people really bad advice on how to disregard God's hatred of sin and throw sin up in his face under the banner "I'm just loving my neighbor as myself, God!"

I do follow Christ. I do it without giving people really bad advice on how to disregard God's hatred of sin and throw sin up in his face under the banner "I'm just loving my neighbor as myself, God!"

You seem very dismissive of Jesus's command to love your neighbor as yourself. This is very common in fundamentalists who were never taught what Jesus said and instead are basically followers of their local pastor and not Jesus.

Always start with love.

11j6kya.jpg

Well, they got us, Larry. We homos are unfaithful to our spouses.

16liro8.jpg

I was just taking a dump, Dennis!

wstfzn.jpg

Sure, Larry. Sure. And I'm just incontinent.

You seem very dismissive of Jesus's command to love your neighbor as yourself. This is very common in fundamentalists who were never taught what Jesus said and instead are basically followers of their local pastor and not Jesus.

Always start with love.

It's not dismissive of Jesus' commandment to love our neighbor as ourselves to say that you should repent of your sins. Sorry.

Proverbs 27:5 ESV
Better is open rebuke than hidden love.
1 Timothy 5:20 ESV
As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.
Titus 2:15 ESV
Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.

Galatians 6:1 ESV
Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.
2 Timothy 4:2 ESV
Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
James 5:20 ESV
Let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Luke 17:3-4 ESV
Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”
1 Corinthians 5:12 ESV
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?

1 Corinthians 5:11-13 ESV
But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

Always start with love.

It's not dismissive of Jesus' commandment to love our neighbor as ourselves to say that you should repent of your sins. Sorry.

How are they not loving their neighbor as themselves again? Christianity is hard to follow but it shouldn't be this hard to understand. Love your neighbor as yourself. If you have a moral issue before you think really hard about this command and proceed.

When so called Christians complain about gays I have never once felt like any of the complaints had anything to do with what Jesus actually commanded of us and if anything they were all very guilty of failing to love their neighbor.

If you can honestly say that you base your position around your best attempt to love your neighbor as yourself then you are at least trying to follow Christ. From where I sit you are not really even trying.

But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

Yay quotes from Paul!

Yay quotes from Paul!
that's right.

Always start with love.

How are they not loving their neighbor as themselves again? Christianity is hard to follow but it shouldn't be this hard to understand. Love your neighbor as yourself. If you have a moral issue before you think really hard about this command and proceed.

When so called Christians complain about gays I have never once felt like any of the complaints had anything to do with what Jesus actually commanded of us and if anything they were all very guilty of failing to love their neighbor.

If you can honestly say that you base your position around your best attempt to love your neighbor as yourself then you are at least trying to follow Christ. From where I sit you are not really even trying.

Yes, well you're an idiot, so it doesn't really matter. From where you sit, it's okay to tell people to disregard the entire bible except the portions you happen to agree with. From where I sit, you're in big trouble.

Matthew 7:5-6 ESV
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. “Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you.
Leviticus 19:17 ESV
“You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.

You just ruled out 99.99999% of the human race.

Always start with love.

Yes, well you're an idiot, so it doesn't really matter. From where you sit, it's okay to tell people to disregard the entire bible except the portions you happen to agree with. From where I sit, you're in big trouble.

I m not telling people to ignore any part of the Bible. In fact most fundamentalists like yourself get into trouble when you only take parts of it literally and ignore other parts. I take the whole Bible and try and understand it within a context of how it was written. I have no need or desire to ignore any of it but I am not a fundamentalist.

I am not really expecting you to agree with me. I am asking you to follow the same command that Jesus asked you to follow. Love your neighbor as yourself. I only ask that you do this to the best of your ability.

Don't forget Romans 13- and why Christians who refuse to serve gay customers are sinning.

13 Every person should place themselves under the authority of the government. There isn’t any authority unless it comes from God, and the authorities that are there have been put in place by God.

2 So anyone who opposes the authority is standing against what God has established.

People who take this kind of stand will get punished. 3 The authorities don’t frighten people who are doing the right thing. Rather, they frighten people who are doing wrong. Would you rather not be afraid of authority? Do what’s right, and you will receive its approval. 4 It is God’s servant given for your benefit. But if you do what’s wrong, be afraid because it doesn’t have weapons to enforce the law for nothing. It is God’s servant put in place to carry out his punishment on those who do what is wrong. 5 That is why it is necessary to place yourself under the government’s authority, not only to avoid God’s punishment but also for the sake of your conscience. 6 You should also pay taxes for the same reason, because the authorities are God’s assistants, concerned with this very thing. 7 So pay everyone what you owe them. Pay the taxes you owe, pay the duties you are charged, give respect to those you should respect, and honor those you should honor.

Don't forget Romans 13- and why Christians who refuse to serve gay customers are sinning.

13 Every person should place themselves under the authority of the government. There isn’t any authority unless it comes from God, and the authorities that are there have been put in place by God.

2 So anyone who opposes the authority is standing against what God has established.

People who take this kind of stand will get punished. 3 The authorities don’t frighten people who are doing the right thing. Rather, they frighten people who are doing wrong. Would you rather not be afraid of authority? Do what’s right, and you will receive its approval. 4 It is God’s servant given for your benefit. But if you do what’s wrong, be afraid because it doesn’t have weapons to enforce the law for nothing. It is God’s servant put in place to carry out his punishment on those who do what is wrong. 5 That is why it is necessary to place yourself under the government’s authority, not only to avoid God’s punishment but also for the sake of your conscience. 6 You should also pay taxes for the same reason, because the authorities are God’s assistants, concerned with this very thing. 7 So pay everyone what you owe them. Pay the taxes you owe, pay the duties you are charged, give respect to those you should respect, and honor those you should honor.

Forum List

Back