The Dirty Little Secret: Most Gay Couples Aren't Monogamous

I am saying it isn't a sin. I am saying what you are doing is a sin. I am saying you a sinning and then calling it following Christ, which is also probably a big sin.
The Bible says fudge packing is a sin.

Christians are to believe in and follow the Bible's teachings.

Are you a Christian? ...... :cool:

The Bible says a lot of things. Not all Christians interpret the Bible the same way. Christians follow Christ.

Do you follow Christ?
I do.

And Christ didn't screw his neighbor. That's not what he meant when he said "love your neighbor as yourself". Not even close.

Gotta love how obsessed the Christian Right moral crusade is with gay sex. All they seem to have on their minds is gay sex all the time. Makes you wonder after a while if what really pisses off some of our Republican friends is that they're too ashamed to come out of the closet.

Another queer accuses his opponent of being a closet queer.

When are you imbeciles going to learn something new?

I think your problem is you just aren't getting laid. That's why you are monogamous--no options. Enforced celibacy. Makes you kinda grouchy don't it?

I'm married, numskull. Idiocy is what makes me grouchy.
LOL I'd be grouchy too if I were as stupid as you are.

That must be your conception of wit.
having none yourself, you cannot know what wit is.

You know, for a group that hates Straight people as much as they do, they sure wanna' be just like us don't they?

Write a Gay Bible, start a Gay Church, get married in it, fight to have THAT recognized.

But that wouldn't allow you all to blastpheme the Biblical Jesus now would it?
Who says we hate straight people? Some of my best friends and relatives are straight people.

I am saying it isn't a sin. I am saying what you are doing is a sin. I am saying you a sinning and then calling it following Christ, which is also probably a big sin.

I am sure you are saying the same thing about me. I don't really care because I know I am loving my neighbor as myself to the best of my ability and you don't even seem to know that is what you are supposed to do.

Oh. Well, you're wrong. Of course it's a sin.

You're welcome.

How are they failing to love their neighbor as themselves?

Do you think that's the only sin there is?

Meanwhile:

"Titus 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee."

Jesus reduced all sin to two basic commands. This is the one that would apply to gay marriage if it was a sin.

You think that if you love each other, you don't have to pay any attention to the rest of the Bible?

You seriously missed the boat. Obviously you're not a Christian.

What Jesus says puts the rest of the Bible in context. It is not that the rest of the Bible is ignored, it is that it has to be understood within the commandment to love God and your neighbor.

If you really believe you are loving your neighbor as yourself then I think you are just fooling yourself.

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous.

xdujrn.jpg

Can you believe these homos, Bill? They cheat on their spouses!

97tcwj.jpg

Dammit, I told them not to tell!

Oh. Well, you're wrong. Of course it's a sin.

You're welcome.

Meanwhile:

"Titus 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee."

Jesus reduced all sin to two basic commands. This is the one that would apply to gay marriage if it was a sin.

You think that if you love each other, you don't have to pay any attention to the rest of the Bible?

What Jesus says puts the rest of the Bible in context. It is not that the rest of the Bible is ignored, it is that it has to be understood within the commandment to love God and your neighbor.

If you really believe you are loving your neighbor as yourself then I think you are just fooling yourself.
If you really believe sodomy isn't a sin, you're fooling yourself..and any of the young things who are unfortunate enough to listen to you.

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

Most gay couples aren t monogamous Will straight couples go monogamish

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
Fag

The Bible says fudge packing is a sin.

Christians are to believe in and follow the Bible's teachings.

Are you a Christian? ...... :cool:
I don't think so.

Christians know that in order to be saved you have to repent of your sins.

And yes, homosexuality is a sin. As is any other unsanctioned sex outside of marriage.
And no, homo marriage doesn't count.

So says Nazi Jesus!

37 Nazi Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your Nazi God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’a]">[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Condemn homosexuals and attack them at every opportunity- verily it is a blessing to lie about homosexuals in the name of Nazi Jesus’b]">[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Meanwhile:

If you really believe sodomy isn't a sin, you're fooling yourself..and any of the young things who are unfortunate enough to listen to you.

How is gay marriage a failure of either partner to love their neighbor as themselves?

There are some Christians who are only bible compliant when it comes to gays, not for themselves. They like to point out the mote in a homo's eye while ignoring the beam in their own.

Meanwhile:

How is gay marriage a failure of either partner to love their neighbor as themselves?
Who cares? Sorry, boobor, you don't get to redefine Christianity, and then pretend like that's the accepted form. It's not, and you aren't a Christian. You don't dictate to the rest of us, who are, what constitutes a sin..and what doesn't.

I know what a sin is. Trust me, there is more than one. That isn't to say that loving your neighbor as yourself isn't a good thing, it is. But to not do so is NOT the only sin. And I guarantee that the homonazis are not loving their neighbors as themselves. We see it every time one of those freaks vandalizes a fast food franchise or targets a Christian.

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.
[/QUOTE
Bigots have always claimed that gays only wanted to get married for benefits- but really all you want to deny is to continue to discriminate against homosexuals.

Lets look at the lead plaintiffs in the land mark cases ending marriage discrimination:

Edith Windsor- with her wife for 40 years- quit her job to take care of her wife when she became ill- and stayed by her side until the end.

Edith Windsor And Thea Spyer s Love Story Is One For The Ages

In her honor, Time's Deputy Photo Editor, Paul Moakley, put together a wonderful photo montage of Windsor's relationship with late wife Thea Spyer -- a love story that spanned more than 40 years. (Watch it above)

The pair got engaged in 1967 and were together until Spyer's death in 2009. In the interview, Windsor opens up about how Spyer popped the question at a time when same-sex relationships were still very much taboo.

Jim Obergefell- with his husband for 20 years- and stood by him as he slowly died of ALS
John Arthur Terminally Ill Gay Man Marries Partner Jim Obergefell On Airport Tarmac
A terminally-ill Ohio man got his lifelong wish over the weekend, tying the knot with his partner of two decades -- but it wasn't an easy journey.

Cincinnati.com shares the heartwarming story of John Arthur, who is bedridden with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a progressive neurological disease that robs patients of their ability to walk, talk and eventually breathe. After the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), Arthur and his partner Jim Obergefell decided they wanted to finally wed, but travel would be necessary as their native Ohio does not currently permit same-sex marriage.

After ruling out New York, California and Washington due to either distance or legislative issues, they opted for a destination wedding in Baltimore, as the state of Maryland required only one partner to come for a marriage license and a 48-hour waiting period.

Arthur, who has reportedly been unable to leave home since March, and Obergefell received donations from friends, family and other connections to cover the cost of a $12,700 chartered, medically-equipped private plane. The couple’s nuptials were partially made possible by Crossroads Hospice, which offers the gift of "a perfect day" to its terminally-iill patients.

Now let us compare to current GOP candidate- Donald Trump
First wife- married for 15 years- 3 kids
Second wife- married for 6 years- 1 kid
Third wife- married for 10 years- 1 kid

The dirty little not secret is that bigot like you just hate homosexuals.

Bigots have always claimed that gays only wanted to get married for benefits- but really all you want to deny is to continue to discriminate against homosexuals.

Lets look at the lead plaintiffs in the land mark cases ending marriage discrimination:

Edith Windsor- with her wife for 40 years- quit her job to take care of her wife when she became ill- and stayed by her side until the end.

Edith Windsor And Thea Spyer s Love Story Is One For The Ages

In her honor, Time's Deputy Photo Editor, Paul Moakley, put together a wonderful photo montage of Windsor's relationship with late wife Thea Spyer -- a love story that spanned more than 40 years. (Watch it above)

The pair got engaged in 1967 and were together until Spyer's death in 2009. In the interview, Windsor opens up about how Spyer popped the question at a time when same-sex relationships were still very much taboo.

Jim Obergefell- with his husband for 20 years- and stood by him as he slowly died of ALS
John Arthur Terminally Ill Gay Man Marries Partner Jim Obergefell On Airport Tarmac
A terminally-ill Ohio man got his lifelong wish over the weekend, tying the knot with his partner of two decades -- but it wasn't an easy journey.

Cincinnati.com shares the heartwarming story of John Arthur, who is bedridden with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a progressive neurological disease that robs patients of their ability to walk, talk and eventually breathe. After the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), Arthur and his partner Jim Obergefell decided they wanted to finally wed, but travel would be necessary as their native Ohio does not currently permit same-sex marriage.

After ruling out New York, California and Washington due to either distance or legislative issues, they opted for a destination wedding in Baltimore, as the state of Maryland required only one partner to come for a marriage license and a 48-hour waiting period.

Arthur, who has reportedly been unable to leave home since March, and Obergefell received donations from friends, family and other connections to cover the cost of a $12,700 chartered, medically-equipped private plane. The couple’s nuptials were partially made possible by Crossroads Hospice, which offers the gift of "a perfect day" to its terminally-iill patients.

Now let us compare to current GOP candidate- Donald Trump
First wife- married for 15 years- 3 kids
Second wife- married for 6 years- 1 kid
Third wife- married for 10 years- 1 kid

The dirty little not secret is that bigot like you just hate homosexuals.
You make a good case for heterosexual marriage not setting the bar very high. My wife and I divorced briefly and then remarried, but we added to a terrible statistic on the survivability of marriage. We told our lady friends we hope they do better than us when they marry this month and if the marriage is ever in trouble to please talk to us. I sincerely hope they get it right where we messed up. That's what any decent person would hope for.
no wonder you have no friends///
GFY skid mark. Ignored.
There's that RW greeting again.

Who cares?
Jesus

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
Fag

How beautifully liberal!

Funny how brit pat claims to be so in touch with the gay community.

When have I claimed that?
You seem to know so much about them silly.....usually those that yell the loudest that they are not, usually are...

The first thing any lib or queer does in a debate about homosexuality is accuse his opponent of being queer.

You guys need to quit recycling the same old tactics 1000 times.
And, oddly, so many times that's exactly what they end up being.

Fag

How beautifully liberal!
Sissy bottom bitch

Funny how brit pat claims to be so in touch with the gay community.

When have I claimed that?
You seem to know so much about them silly.....usually those that yell the loudest that they are not, usually are...

The first thing any lib or queer does in a debate about homosexuality is accuse his opponent of being queer.

You guys need to quit recycling the same old tactics 1000 times.
And, oddly, so many times that's exactly what they end up being.
You present the usual proof: none.

Forum List

Back