The Dirty Little Secret: Most Gay Couples Aren't Monogamous

The only reason they wanted homo marriage...to *normalize* depraved behavior, and to control the church. And by control, I mean penalize, criminalize and close.

Funny how brit pat claims to be so in touch with the gay community.

When have I claimed that?
You seem to know so much about them silly.....usually those that yell the loudest that they are not, usually are...

The first thing any lib or queer does in a debate about homosexuality is accuse his opponent of being queer.

You guys need to quit recycling the same old tactics 1000 times.
Oh, I've seen it from the butch-est of men, (wink)and married to a woman...with kids...

More accusations of being gay?

You realize you're just an asshole, don't you?

So they are not so mean and nasty as the Christians?
Christians, mean and nasty!? god will send you to hell for that! (friendly Christian advice.)
Well, my Grandmother was nice, to me.....But she twernt like these other demons for Christ.....She didn't get into other's business...
my gram was the same way, my mom on the other hand ...
My Mom had no real religion until her 60's...
my mom is a master at faking piety ....
Mine is kewl, she gets high with God, they share a bong or two...

Funny how brit pat claims to be so in touch with the gay community.

You seem to know so much about them silly.....usually those that yell the loudest that they are not, usually are...

The first thing any lib or queer does in a debate about homosexuality is accuse his opponent of being queer.

Oh, I've seen it from the butch-est of men, (wink)and married to a woman...with kids...

At least I'm consistent.....you gotta respect that...

At least I'm consistent.....you gotta respect that...

Yep, you're consistent like a broken record.

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

Most gay couples aren t monogamous Will straight couples go monogamish

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
Hey, guess what: most heterosexual couples aren't monogamous either. Seventy percent of married men cheat and more than 50% of married women cheat. At least the gay couples are open and honest about it.

Why do you people care so much about this stuff? Get a life. Mind your own business. What other people do in the bedroom isn't your business. Live and let live.

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
Hey, guess what: most heterosexual couples aren't monogamous either.
Half of them have sex with others..with the express knowledge of their partner?

Yeah right, lol. You run with that.

They almost always get divorced the minute they get caught, so that doesn't last long.

Now the rest of my family are like deacons and Church of Christ, where TV's are evil and women follow a code of letting the man lead and full clothing when swimming and hymns when you visit them at their place...
Sounds like hell.
They is uptight, the other side is what I call,,,,cheerleaders for Jesus...Which is every other word, aspect, action and even a nice bowel movement without discomfort is a reason to praise Jesus...I don't dislike them because of what they believe, I just have no desire to join in..If you'd like to sing some Black Sabbath, that would be killer..

Gotta love how obsessed the Christian Right moral crusade is with gay sex. All they seem to have on their minds is gay sex all the time. Makes you wonder after a while if what really pisses off some of our Republican friends is that they're too ashamed to come out of the closet.

Gotta love how obsessed the Christian Right moral crusade is with gay sex. All they seem to have on their minds is gay sex all the time. Makes you wonder after a while if what really pisses off some of our Republican friends is that they're too ashamed to come out of the closet.

Another queer accuses his opponent of being a closet queer.

When are you imbeciles going to learn something new?

They almost always get divorced the minute they get caught, so that doesn't last long.
From the law of Moses it is a sin to remarry if you have divorced, if your ex is alive........
Looking at a woman and thinking of lust is a sin in Christ's eyes...

Another queer accuses his opponent of being a closet queer.

When are you imbeciles going to learn something new?
Probably just bi-sexual....

Forum List

Back