The downside of carrying a firearm...

OH so she was in the bed? asleep? wasn't like she was up and awake, but asleep. The only way he could get to them was because she was a sleep.

IF they were secured properly she and only she would have been able to access them.

What is so hard to understand there?

If your car keys were properly secured would your toddler be able to get them unlock the car start the car and run you over while you napped in your lawn chair?
She was asleep, a person who is asleep cannot stop someone from accessing a locked area and taking what is inside the locked area.

If he could get into the locked cabinet then it wasn't secure was it?

The whole point of securing weapons is to prevent people from getting them when you are not actively guarding them.

If anyone besides you can get to your weapons when you are not standing in front of your gun safe then your weapons are not properly secured.

IF they were secured properly she and only she would have been able to access them.

If your car keys were properly secured would your toddler be able to get them unlock the car start the car and run you over while you napped in your lawn chair?
She was asleep, a person who is asleep cannot stop someone from accessing a locked area and taking what is inside the locked area.

The whole point of securing weapons is to prevent people from getting them when you are not actively guarding them.

If anyone besides you can get to your weapons when you are not standing in front of your gun safe then your weapons are not properly secured.

If it's locked isn't it secured? Your argument is flawed. No safe is 100% theft proof

If it's locked isn't it secured? Your argument is flawed. No safe is 100% theft proof

You can get close. Certainly close enough so a retard can't get into one.

Cabinets | Gun Safes & Security | Barska Extra Large Biometric Rifle Safe Gun Cabinet, 19-3/4"W x 16"D x 57"H | B978764 - GlobalIndustrial.com

So if said psycho retard wanted to cut off his mother's hand to open the safe she at least would have woken up and could have attempted to stop her kid.

And do you even know if she had a gun safe in the house?

Last edited:

Generally a person doesn't believe their own children will A) steal from them and B) kill them.

I had never had a gun safe when my kids were growing up and if I did they would either knew the combination or knew where to find the key. Reason being, I wanted them to be able to access the firearms in case they needed to protect themselves.

Gun safes are not a requirement to own a gun.

So a guy breaks into your house, forces you to the gun cabinet, puts your finger on the pad to open the door, and the guns aren't secure because someone was able to access them.

Generally a person doesn't believe their own children will A) steal from them and B) kill them.

Mistake number one

I had never had a gun safe when my kids were growing up and if I did they would either knew the combination or knew where to find the key. Reason being, I wanted them to be able to access the firearms in case they needed to protect themselves.

I take it your kids weren't retards like Lanza. If they were would you allow them free access to weapons?

So a guy breaks into your house, forces you to the gun cabinet, puts your finger on the pad to open the door, and the guns aren't secure because someone was able to access them.

Not what happened at the Lanza house. She was not forced to open the gun safe if she even had one was she? No she was shot while she was sleeping.

If a guy breaks into your house and you have weapons wouldn't you shoot him?

In my house, this is how the events would go down.

So a guy breaks into my house, then he's shot dead by either my 12 ga. or my .45, Police are called, Justice of the Peace pronounces death, end of story.

The cop only did what millions of us would love to do but are not crazy enough. They should have stopped texting, I guess.

Look what happens when the entire population thinks they live in a bubble of narcissism. We should outlaw cell phones.

The number of people being killed while driving on cell phones is a lot. But miniscule compared to gun killings.

Not what happened at the Lanza house. She was not forced to open the gun safe if she even had one was she? No she was shot while she was sleeping.

I see you making the argument that it doesn't matter how the weapons were accessed.

Mistake number one

I take it your kids weren't retards like Lanza. If they were would you allow them free access to weapons?

Mistake? Explain why it's a mistake to teach children about guns and allow them the freedom to defend themselves with one if the need ever arises.

My kids (all five of them) owned their own firearms as early as the age of nine and their first guns was a 4.10 shotgun followed with their second gun a .22 rifle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEYjgOFKR1U]How to Dial Open a Combination Safe Lock - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D33T4GOtB-U]Safe Cracking; How to open a Sentry Gun Safe in under 1 minute - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8]GUN SAFES "THE TRUTH" weaponseducation - YouTube[/ame]

I see you making the argument that it doesn't matter how the weapons were accessed.

Since we were talking about Lanza I was keeping the argument from moving off on a tangent.

There is no downside to carrying a weapon. Unless you are looking at it from the point of view of the would-be rapist/robber/thug.

There is plenty of potential downside.

Many CCW'ers do not have the mindset.

Many, but it is not typical.

CCW holders have a much lower crime conviction rate of any other demographic on the books, except for maybe Amish lesbian paraplegics.

There is no downside to carrying a weapon. Unless you are looking at it from the point of view of the would-be rapist/robber/thug.

There is plenty of potential downside.

Many CCW'ers do not have the mindset.

How many is many?

Very few murders are committed by people who follow all the legal steps to get a carry permit.

If your mindset is to take the fight to an armed confrontation or come to the rescue.

Your mindset has fucked you before you ever clear leather.

But gun ownership is an ego game and gun owners know everything.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back