The downside of carrying a firearm...

So keeping law abiding people from owning weapons will make it harder for criminals to get weapons. Here's the thing genius criminals are criminals because they don't obey the law.

I don't give a shit about the militia. What is so hard for you to understand that a person might want a weapon for self protection from the very criminals that government law enforcement cannot seem to keep off the streets?

Case in point 80% of all gun murders are committed by gangs or in other words criminals.

It skews the numbers to make it seem gun violence is a bigger problem than it is.

And what kind of guns do the criminals have? American made, US store bought guns. Try making it a little harder to purchase assault weapons and guns and maybe the criminals wouldn't have so many. :thanks:

Do you even know what an "assault weapon" is ?

All it is is a semi automatic rifle with some cosmetic doo dads on it and according to the FBI more people are killed by fists and feet than they are by rifles of any kind

And here you go

Harvard Gun Study Claims Banning Weapons Doesn't Decrease Violence

. “There is a compound assertion that guns are uniquely available in the United States compared with other modern developed nations, which is why the United States has by far the highest murder rate. Though these assertions have been endlessly repeated, [the latter] is, in fact, false and [the former] is substantially so,” the authors point out, based on their research

High gun ownership makes countries less safe, US study finds | World news | theguardian.com

i know that and you know that, but there are folks here who mocked my responsibility as a gun owner and want to open every military arsenal to the general public.

Imagine, they advocate less personal responsibility as to gun ownership, wish they had grenade launchers and can't see any connection between guns and gun violence! Sometimes, Pogo, I think I'm arguing with fourteen year old boys who just came out of a Die Hard movie. It's a wonder a rogue cop didn't shoot them for giggling too loudly.

Mocked your misplaced, over-responsibility.

Common usage of arms the individual can bear.

Last edited:
And what kind of guns do the criminals have? American made, US store bought guns. Try making it a little harder to purchase assault weapons and guns and maybe the criminals wouldn't have so many. :thanks:

All it is is a semi automatic rifle with some cosmetic doo dads on it and according to the FBI more people are killed by fists and feet than they are by rifles of any kind

And here you go

. “There is a compound assertion that guns are uniquely available in the United States compared with other modern developed nations, which is why the United States has by far the highest murder rate. Though these assertions have been endlessly repeated, [the latter] is, in fact, false and [the former] is substantially so,” the authors point out, based on their research

High gun ownership makes countries less safe, US study finds | World news | theguardian.com

You believe your study I'll believe mine.

Like I said before it's your choice to be defenseless if you are ever the victim of a crime. And I will respect that choice so why can't you respect mine?

If her assault rifle had been secured properly...

How do you know it wasn't secured properly?
Because her mentally frazzled son shot her and 26 others with it.

Knowing her son was disturbed, she should have taken greater precautions. Wouldn't that have been the responsible thing to do?

He killed his mother that is when you start failing if he had not killed his mother you could say she didn't lock them up.

And here you go

You believe your study I'll believe mine. I have been a victim of violent crime maybe you have been lucky enough not to have been. I was defenseless once I won't be again. If your luck runs out you can live with your choice

Last edited:
if she had been a more responsible parent, a more responsible gun owner, perhaps I could. But she was not very responsible, was she?

And now she's dead along with 26 innocents. All because she thought like you.

How in the fuck do you know she wasn't responsible? Were you in the house?
If her assault rifle had been secured properly...

They must have been he had to kill her to get them.

And here you go

You have a better chance at winning the lottery twice, than getting shot with your gun once.

And here you go

Comparing Japan to the US is ridiculous and I think I will leave the crime stats to LEO and medical stats to the Dr.'s

They must have been he had to kill her to get them.

He killed her after he got to them not before.

She was shot remember?

Were you there?

I read the reports did you?

The morning of the shooting, Lanza shot his mother several times in the head with a .22-caliber rifle while she was still in bed.

Newtown Shooting Report Reveals Adam Lanza?s Motive, Shooter Was ?Obsessed? With Columbine Shooting And Plotted Suicide

He killed her after he got to them not before.

She was shot remember?

Were you there?

The morning of the shooting, Lanza shot his mother several times in the head with a .22-caliber rifle while she was still in bed.

Newtown Shooting Report Reveals Adam Lanza?s Motive, Shooter Was ?Obsessed? With Columbine Shooting And Plotted Suicide

OH so she was in the bed? asleep? wasn't like she was up and awake, but asleep. The only way he could get to them was because she was a sleep.

Were you there?

OH so she was in the bed? asleep? wasn't like she was up and awake, but asleep. The only way he could get to them was because she was a sleep.

IF they were secured properly she and only she would have been able to access them.

What is so hard to understand there?

If your car keys were properly secured would your toddler be able to get them unlock the car start the car and run you over while you napped in your lawn chair?

IF they were secured properly she and only she would have been able to access them.

What is so hard to understand there?

If your car keys were properly secured would your toddler be able to get them unlock the car start the car and run you over while you napped in your lawn chair?
She was asleep, a person who is asleep cannot stop someone from accessing a locked area and taking what is inside the locked area.

Forum List

Back