The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

The law is currently on a one minded agenda................

All others may break the law at will.............it no longer applies.............wrong agenda's need not apply

picard-facepalm-cake.jpg

Spare me the store policy changed it's policy and created a new policy to not sell anything with the Rebel Flag on it..........

Perhaps they need to ban ISIS on their store policy as well................

You still lack the ability to discern and to understand context. Poor 2-dimensional fake Rabbi.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
The butt hurt is strong in this one.
Do you maintain that the Bible condemns tattoos as an abomination? Yes or no, please.

The Bible does not condemn tattoos as an abomination. That's a fact
You are correct. Homosexual relations (something Statistheilhitler knows a lot about) are condemnded as abomination. Eating shellfish is condemned as abomination. Others things probably are too.
But tattoos are not condemned as abomination, even though they aer clearly prohibited.
But once Statistheilhitler made the claim he couldnt admit he was wrong as a matter of fact. He had to go on the attack and rationalize his answer with all sorts of excuses. Because he's a snowflake with a big easily bruised ego on the one hand and a lack of knowledge on the other.

Actually eating shellfish isn't an abomination, and never was for the Gentiles. They quote Mosaic ceremonial and dietary laws that were long done away with by the New Covenant. It's hilarious to hang them out in the wind with it
Uhh, your new covenant, according to your own Jesus, did not supplant any of the 613 mitzvoteem. Try again.

"Mitzvoteem" <snicker>
We've added Hebrew to the list of things you dont know.

The butt hurt is strong in this one.
Do you maintain that the Bible condemns tattoos as an abomination? Yes or no, please.

You are correct. Homosexual relations (something Statistheilhitler knows a lot about) are condemnded as abomination. Eating shellfish is condemned as abomination. Others things probably are too.
But tattoos are not condemned as abomination, even though they aer clearly prohibited.
But once Statistheilhitler made the claim he couldnt admit he was wrong as a matter of fact. He had to go on the attack and rationalize his answer with all sorts of excuses. Because he's a snowflake with a big easily bruised ego on the one hand and a lack of knowledge on the other.

Actually eating shellfish isn't an abomination, and never was for the Gentiles. They quote Mosaic ceremonial and dietary laws that were long done away with by the New Covenant. It's hilarious to hang them out in the wind with it
Uhh, your new covenant, according to your own Jesus, did not supplant any of the 613 mitzvoteem. Try again.

"Mitzvoteem" <snicker>

Mitzvoteem is the correct plural form of "Mitzvah". You can also use "Mitzvot"

You are one wierd fake Jew.

guno

A lesbian functions the same as a married male in this. Both are attracted to females, but only one will be arrested the other not.

I wonder what the public poles would be if the public ACCOMODATIONS laws would have to be changed for this?

Not sure a whole lot of people would appreciate this new equality, but I guess we'll have to see. If it's not accepted publicly, I wonder what the backlash could be?

Doesn't matter because they are all WOMEN.

And all married. Lesbians desire women in exactly the same way as married men. The male gets arrested and the lesbian doesn't.

The legal reasoning that this is not a violation of public accomodations laws?

Please
Bathrooms are based on junk Pops, not desire. Sorry.

So gender matters? Hmmmm, I think I argued that and lost.
Gender matters in where you shower, in most cases, but I've never had a problem with communal locker rooms or bathrooms however most do. That has nothing to do with gays being denied access to a public accommodation even if now spouses end up in the same bathroom from time to time.

Transgendered? Do there junk matter?

Perhaps a rethinking of PUBLIC ACCOMOTATIONS ARE IN ORDER?

"Mitzvoteem" <snicker>

Mitzvoteem is the correct plural form of "Mitzvah". You can also use "Mitzvot"

You are one wierd fake Jew.

guno
LOL!!! There is no such word as "mitzvoteem" Mitzva is a feminine word. "-eem" is a masculine plural ending. You are a hoot. When you dont know you just make up shit and then attack anyone who points this out.

Either way.................you flipped when it was an anti gay cake versus a gay cake...
Nope, not even a little. My position is the same, bake the stupid cake. If you won't do the words or you don't sell the cake topper, so be it. I support clients who offend me all day long. It's business, neither pleasure nor faith...
Of course you don't see the irony of your posts................If they refuse to put custom designs or wordings on the cakes then they must do so for all..............and not just a select group under the rulings.................In this case they did do custom cakes...........which means they refused the wording...................while doing the same for other customers...............thanks for playing.
Since in both cases my side and my position won, the game you are attempting to play you are losing, badly

Before the recent incident..........it's obvious that others see a potential to make money off this via law suits.....

Azucar bakery that refused to ice cake with anti-gay slogans is slapped with religious discrimination complaint Daily Mail Online

24CDA4B000000578-2915147-image-a-24_1421553357883.jpg

Refused: Marjorie Silva, owner of Azucar Bakery, refused to create a homophobic cake for a customer

Read more: Azucar bakery that refused to ice cake with anti-gay slogans is slapped with religious discrimination complaint Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
The easy answer is bake the damn cake. The more subtle one is here's your cake but the words and the cake topper are on you. Have a great day and that will be $59.95, plus tax...

And, look at that, she won and was right, of course: Denver s Azucar Bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cake - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Of course they won. No business is required to support hate. It's the same argument as when the fools around here say a baker should make a cake for the Klan.

Doesn't matter because they are all WOMEN.

And all married. Lesbians desire women in exactly the same way as married men. The male gets arrested and the lesbian doesn't.

Please

Gender matters in where you shower, in most cases, but I've never had a problem with communal locker rooms or bathrooms however most do. That has nothing to do with gays being denied access to a public accommodation even if now spouses end up in the same bathroom from time to time.

Perhaps spell-check is in order...

Is Christianity a race, or a behavior?
It's neither, it's a faith. Many came here seeking religious freedoms and is a major foundation of our system of government. Or it was.

So it's not a race; it's a choice of lifestyle. Just like homosexuality.

The person you replied to obviously has a problem confusing the United States of America with the colony of England the pilgrims established.

Yes the pilgrims set up a theocratic monarchy with the king in England. However the founders of the United States of America fought a war to be free from that theocratic monarchy.

The monarchy lost and the founders of the United States of America wrote what was at the time a very radical document to govern our nation. That document takes religion out of our government and created a secular nation with everyone having the right to choose the faith they want to follow or none at all.

The United States of America isn't the theocratic monarchy that the pilgrims established. America isn't a christian nation no matter what the right says.

It was the people of that theocratic monarchy that burned people, mostly women, at the stake for being a witch.

We live in the United States of America but it seems that about 25% of our people don't realize it. They believe we're still the theocratic monarchy the pilgrims established.

Please

Perhaps anything close to a compelling argument from you is in order.

I fear it's too much to ask.

The liberals are playing to the wrong crowd.

Christians out way gays by 95%.

The legal immigrants out way illegal immigrants 95%.

Good luck with that. Lol

Which "way" is that?

Oh, you meant "outweigh!"

What are you, 6?
I-must-correct-you-anyway.jpg

You do realize that hitler hated gays, sent them to concentration camps and murdered them don't you?

The actual true fact is that your beliefs about gay people are about the same as hitler's.

So it's not those who believe in equal rights who are behaving like hitler. It's you and those who don't want equal rights for everyone who are behaving like hitler.

Do you always dress your children in the same style of clothes as your hero hitler?

Persecution of homosexuals in Nazi Germany and the Holocaust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

$138,000
The liberals are playing to the wrong crowd.

Christians out way gays by 95%.

The legal immigrants out way illegal immigrants 95%.

Good luck with that. Lol

Which "way" is that?

Oh, you meant "outweigh!"

What are you, 6?
I-must-correct-you-anyway.jpg

You do realize that hitler hated gays, sent them to concentration camps and murdered them don't you?

The actual true fact is that your beliefs about gay people are about the same as hitler's.

So it's not those who believe in equal rights who are behaving like hitler. It's you and those who don't want equal rights for everyone who are behaving like hitler.

Do you always dress your children in the same style of clothes as your hero hitler?

Persecution of homosexuals in Nazi Germany and the Holocaust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the last time, leave our children out of this. They are not commenting. Learn this and then live it.

Perhaps the insanity of these cases are a Lawyers wet dream...........Find a place of business that believes a certain way............try to force them to sell you a product or service you know they will not do..............

Sue there asses off and make millions...................Sounds like a liberal lawyers wet dream.............

This is the path we chosen.................and let the court cases pile up...............

well weve seen that happen with handicap access putting some small businesses like mom and pop restaurants out and making lawyers rich
Link?? Smells like utter BS, and the ADA has been on the books for decades.

Abuse of ADA a plague on California small businesses - The Orange County Register

Sure Paint My House, I made it all up. Ive heard people talking about this on the radio for years, but i dont have a link to that. Sorry.

But you can find real cases of this online if you look
While I don't approve of making a game of it, the ADA is the law so unless you are grandfathered in, obey the law or be liable.

Well thats the thing, they have gone after small businesses many times in old buildings that were already existing before the owners started their business. These people roll up with a tape measure and if something is off by a 1/4 inch its extortion time. most of the time these places are still accesible, its just that the measurements may be off.

Abuse of ADA a plague on California small businesses - The Orange County Register

Wouldnt want to see professional plaintiffs going around suing bakeries either.

Since your positions are nonsense you are correct.

Since your positions are nonsense you are correct.

Point out the nonsense or go away and troll elsewhere

Perhaps the insanity of these cases are a Lawyers wet dream...........Find a place of business that believes a certain way............try to force them to sell you a product or service you know they will not do..............

Sue there asses off and make millions...................Sounds like a liberal lawyers wet dream.............

This is the path we chosen.................and let the court cases pile up...............

well weve seen that happen with handicap access putting some small businesses like mom and pop restaurants out and making lawyers rich
Link?? Smells like utter BS, and the ADA has been on the books for decades.

Sure Paint My House, I made it all up. Ive heard people talking about this on the radio for years, but i dont have a link to that. Sorry.

But you can find real cases of this online if you look
While I don't approve of making a game of it, the ADA is the law so unless you are grandfathered in, obey the law or be liable.

Well thats the thing, they have gone after small businesses many times in old buildings that were already existing before the owners started their business. These people roll up with a tape measure and if something is off by a 1/4 inch its extortion time. most of the time these places are still accesible, its just that the measurements may be off.

Wouldnt want to see professional plaintiffs going around suing bakeries either.

I've done a lot of ADA assignments and I will admit the last time was a few years ago.

There are abuses, but the attempt to create accessibility is often all that is required. You have dozens of qualifying factors before the shit really hits the fan.

The ADA is lawsuit driven though, which makes it troubling and, yes there are businesses that should have grandfather provisions that aren't granted for odd reasons.

I think the abuses went both ways though. Some who had both the money and ability to make the changes fought tooth and nail, making the next guy in line a juicy target.

damn, I thought you were coming around, now you have reverted to being as dumb as a sack of frog feet.

I'm sorry, but that's how I view you too. :D Very ignorant.

maybe a sack of frog feet was too complimentary, how about a sack of cat shit?

That is a CROCK. You are buying into the Prog agenda of voiding Property Rights and Individual Liberty.

One person's liberty stops at the boundary of someone else's. A bakery not wanting to bake a cake for someone doesn't prevent the gay couple from getting a cake elsewhere.

Where does this end? Isn't it discrimination to not provide a cake to people with no money? Because that is where this is headed.

Lol. Okay. If you cannot see the value of anti-discrimination laws, I can't help you. If you don't understand that American laws are not based upon any one particular religious principal, then I can't help you.

what you don't, or won't, get is that anti discrimination goes both ways.

Businesses are not allowed to discriminate period. When someone comes in and asks you, as a public accommodation business, to bake a cake, and you refuse. They are not discriminating against you! Good grief! It's you who is discriminating against them!
You dont get this, do you?
Someone asks me to do something contrary to my relgigious beliefs and then forces me to, it's discrimination. What part of that do you fail to understand?

As a business owner choosing to cater to the general public, you put yourself in the position where that was possible. Maybe some of these businesses should promote themselves as Christian oriented businesses and the gays would stay away.
Call yourself " The Glory of God Baking Company" or some such. They may have a leg to stand on if they choose to discriminate. They could argue that their name makes it apparent that they adhere to christian values.

That is a bogus interpretation of "serving the public". Those laws were originally meant to cover things like taxis and hotel rooms - things for which the person being discriminated against was put to extreme inconvenience due to the nature of the service. It was not meant to convert every private business into Public Space.

Forum List

Back