The effective way to keep criminals out of gun stores and gun shows...

tattoos can be covered/removed

I checked....green and purple ink are almost impossible to remove....and any evidence of removing a tattoo on the shoulder would be cause to have the individual undergo a traditional background check to buy guns....

So, make the background check for gun buying more hardcore.

You have to understand....criminals get past current, mandated federal background checks already, by stealing guns, using a straw purchaser or buying from another criminal....there is no way to make background checks more hardcore that will stop criminals or mass shooters from getting guns.

No "law" is going to keep a criminal from being a criminal. Passing laws to prevent them from buying guns legally won't prevent them from buying them illegally (or stealing, trading, etc.). What WILL stop them is armed, law abiding citizens, who have the right to defend themselves without fear of prosecution for doing so. Gun control simply makes the law abiding citizen even more vulnerable. If some thug robs you at gunpoint, what's the first thing you say after he takes your money and leaves? "I'm gonna get me a gun". You should be able to do that and carry it wherever you want, whenever you want.

I highly doubt someone goes who is selling guns illegally on the side buys 43 at a time. They probably buy a few here and there, spread out to not arouse suspicion. Hell maybe they even get paid to stockpile a good collection to sell to a gang. For all we know gangs might have some kind of initiation that includes buying guns before they get a record/police eyes on them.

I have posted this idea before but with hilary pushing Australian gun confiscation and universal background checks...it is time to suggest it again...

The best way to stop criminals from going to gun stores and gun shows and stopping them from getting guns from private sales......

When they are convicted of their felony....put a no guns allowed tattoo on their shoulder.

What does this do...

One of the two ways criminals get guns is through straw purchasers....the one technique used is the felon goes into the gun store with the straw buyer and points out the gun he wants....

The tattoo on the shoulder stops this cold. The gun store, the gun show, could have a policy of asking all customers to show their shoulders before they are allowed in the store...........

Right now..there is no way to tell if the guy at the counter is a felon without running a background check.

If you have a straw purchaser at the counter with a felon, you check their shoulders and if the one guy has a tattoo...you can ban both of them from your store....straw purchasing will then have to change........

Same with the private sale....if you want to stop felons from getting guns from private sales...this is the best way...any private seller can just check the shoulder of the buyer and tell immediately, without a universal background check, if the buyer can legally buy the gun....

This tattoo on the shouldeer actually does what the anti gun extremists want....it keeps felons from buying guns in person.....

And it does not target normal gun owners.

In fact...you could do away with 95% of background checks.....you walk into a gun store, you ask to buy a gun, they look at your shoulder and if it is clean, you can walk out with the gun right then and there.....no background check is needed....

If for some reason you already have a shoulder covered in tattoos...then you would have to go through the current background check system.....

But for most people...no more background checks needed......

I GOT A BETTER IDEA........DISGUISE THE GUN STORE AS A LIBRARY OR OR OR A CHILD SUPPORT BUILDING....

I highly doubt someone goes who is selling guns illegally on the side buys 43 at a time. They probably buy a few here and there, spread out to not arouse suspicion. Hell maybe they even get paid to stockpile a good collection to sell to a gang. For all we know gangs might have some kind of initiation that includes buying guns before they get a record/police eyes on them.

They have multiple buyers with clean records buy the guns for them....

Here is how one guy did it....and notice...they caught the guy without licensing normal gun owners, registering guns or universal background checks..they caught him the regular way...informants....

New York police charge 8 in Brooklyn gun running ring

Shutting down an operation that funneled 112 guns from Pittsburgh and Atlanta into the city, authorities in Brooklyn announced a series of arrests and showed off a haul of firearms.

Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson on Wednesday announced a 541-count indictment on a host of weapon and conspiracy charges against eight defendants who allegedly purchased numerous guns and, over the period of a year, sold them to undercover officers in Brooklyn.

Using Chinatown buses for transportation, the primary defendant, Michael Bassier, 31, the Canarsie section of Brooklyn, allegedly made a dozen trips to Atlanta and brought back several handguns on each return. Bassier also made shorter trips by car to Pittsburgh where he also picked up firearms for the underground market back in the Big Apple. He then in turn sold them to undercover New York Police detectives at a Walgreens parking lot on Rockaway Parkway in Canarsie.

“I commend the members of NYPD’s Firearms Investigations Unit, whose dedication to this dangerous long-term investigation not only prevented more than 100 firearms from reaching the streets of Brooklyn, but undoubtedly saved lives in the process,” said New York City Police Commissioner William J. Bratton in a statement.

Also charged was Willie Ware, 26, of Canarsie, and Anthony Jackson, 25, of Brooklyn who allegedly acted as Bassier’s brokers and lookouts in New York City, helping to set up deals with buyers.

Three defendants in Georgia and two in Pennsylvania, primarily women, were also indicted for their role as illegal straw buyers in those locations, picking up guns from pawn shops and gun stores as well as other sources which they then passed on to Bassier on his visits.

According to officials, guns would be acquired for typically between $150 to $300 by the straw buyers who would be reimbursed by Bassier who would then pay each illegal buyer a $50 finder’s fee per gun. In his exchanges with undercover detectives, Bassier then sold the firearms for as much as $1,200 apiece.

As part of the buys, dating back to September 2014, police paid Bassier $130,050 for 112 guns.

The majority of firearms were inexpensive guns such as Hi-Point, Bersa and Jimenez Arms models, along with a smattering of higher end firearms. Although displayed prominently in images released by the NYPD, four guns that appear to be suppressed 9mm UZIs are actually Walther/Umarex MP .22 caliber clones commonly sold with non-functional fake silencers.

So.....don't bother law abiding citizens....arrest the guys breaking the law...and put them away for 20 years...that is how you stop gun crime......

You don't need to license gun owners, register guns or have universal backgroudn checks to catch guys like this..you just need good police work....

Notice......the straw buyers would have passed universal background checks.......just like they passed current background checks....

I have posted this idea before but with hilary pushing Australian gun confiscation and universal background checks...it is time to suggest it again...

The best way to stop criminals from going to gun stores and gun shows and stopping them from getting guns from private sales......

When they are convicted of their felony....put a no guns allowed tattoo on their shoulder.

What does this do...

One of the two ways criminals get guns is through straw purchasers....the one technique used is the felon goes into the gun store with the straw buyer and points out the gun he wants....

The tattoo on the shoulder stops this cold. The gun store, the gun show, could have a policy of asking all customers to show their shoulders before they are allowed in the store...........

Right now..there is no way to tell if the guy at the counter is a felon without running a background check.

If you have a straw purchaser at the counter with a felon, you check their shoulders and if the one guy has a tattoo...you can ban both of them from your store....straw purchasing will then have to change........

Same with the private sale....if you want to stop felons from getting guns from private sales...this is the best way...any private seller can just check the shoulder of the buyer and tell immediately, without a universal background check, if the buyer can legally buy the gun....

This tattoo on the shouldeer actually does what the anti gun extremists want....it keeps felons from buying guns in person.....

And it does not target normal gun owners.

In fact...you could do away with 95% of background checks.....you walk into a gun store, you ask to buy a gun, they look at your shoulder and if it is clean, you can walk out with the gun right then and there.....no background check is needed....

If for some reason you already have a shoulder covered in tattoos...then you would have to go through the current background check system.....

But for most people...no more background checks needed......
So your solution, is to propose more gun control...

Good for you. I approve :clap:

Hmmmm...How do you think that is gun control....What I propose is convicted Felon control...and in fact....this tattoo on the shoulder relieves the need for about 95% of all background checks...no longer needed....and keeps universal background checks from ever being needed at all.....

So as with all anti gun extremists...you are wrong..again.....
Tattoos can be removed. Your new law won't work because any criminal can have their tattoo removed. And blah blah blah making it harder to get a gun never works.

Or wait... do you think making it harder to get a gun DOES work???!!! :eek:

I have looked it up...the info. I have seen says purple and green are two colors that are almost impossible to remove....

But easy enough to cover. My wife has a couple of tattoos, her best friend is covered from neck to ankles. The artists that did their work could probably obliterate just about anything.

I suspect that a truly talented artist could cover it with ink that matches the person's skin tone.

I checked....green and purple ink are almost impossible to remove....and any evidence of removing a tattoo on the shoulder would be cause to have the individual undergo a traditional background check to buy guns....

My wife has a tattoo on her shoulder. Her best friend is, as I said, covered. (Full sleeves on both arms, that could be covering just about anything.) A good artist can cover damn near anything.

My wife has a tattoo on her shoulder. Her best friend is, as I said, covered. (Full sleeves on both arms, that could be covering just about anything.) A good artist can cover damn near anything.

and if that is the case she would just have to go through a standard background check..which she already has to do under current federal law.

the benefit of my tattoo idea is that more people would not need to go through a background check, the current one or any future universal one...it would free up space in the current system making checks faster.....and it would relieve almost all law abiding gun owners from background checks.

Forum List

Back