The electoral college, the founders had it right

Not in the context of the Senate or the EC. The only place they are equal is the House.

Texas has 34 Electoral Votes based on 2010 population of 25.26 million. 1 per 743,000
California has 53 Electoral Votes based on 2010 population of 37.35 million. 1 per 705,000
Wyoming has 1 Electoral Vote based on 2010 population of 564 thousand. 1 per 564,000

It seems simple to me, I’m not sure why others don’t get it.

It is simple when you lie about the number of EC votes.

Good grief, I understood what he was say, you seem to like the drama.

No drama, just the facts.

"I’m not sure why others don’t get it" is the drama

Whatever, understanding is now drama. Lol! You are funny.

We need to bring back the education of our Constitution in our schools. :)

We should bring back the fairness doctrine and make it mandatory that school house rock plays during late night talk show breaks..

We need to bring back the education of our Constitution in our schools. :)

We should bring back the fairness doctrine and make it mandatory that school house rock plays during late night talk show breaks..

Saturday morning cartoons yes, like it used to be.
Late night no.
Late night needs to keep out of politics and get back to being funny and entertaining again.

In their infinite wisdom, the United States ’ Founders created the Electoral College to ensure the STATES were fairly represented.

No, they established the electoral college to satisfy slave states who wanted to disenfranchise large parts of their populations without risking voters in free states overwhelming them to abolish slavery democratically. Also, to establish greater autonomy of the President from Congress. The plan had almost been to have Congress elect the President, but the general feeling was that this could turn the Presidency into Congress' puppet, diminishing the checks and balances between the two branches.

Next time, get educated instead of indoctrinated.

There would of been no United States as we know today with out it, so what's the point of arguing?

Arguing over what? You are correct in pointing out that without such a compromise the constitution would never have achieved the needed consensus for ratification. However, if you mean to suggest that the Electoral College should be retained on that basis, then you are arguing a non-sequitur.

It was a fact you gave. one totally irrelevant to the discussion, but it was a fact. Congrats, that might be a first for you, posting a fact that is.

So 20% is not enough for you?

You are making no sense now. What are you even talking about?

Not making any sense. My question is how many electoral votes should Cali have? You seem to be complaining about it. When was the last time Wyoming actually decided any election? Your argument like all your other arguments is flawed.

I am not complaing, I am stating the fact.

Cali has about 11% of the population the US and has 10% of the EC votes.

Wy on the other hand has about .178% of the population of the US and .558% of the EC votes.

How many representatives and EC votes would they lose if we stopped including illegal aliens for apportionment?

Zero

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

In their infinite wisdom, the United States ’ Founders created the Electoral College to ensure the STATES were fairly represented.

No, they established the electoral college to satisfy slave states who wanted to disenfranchise large parts of their populations without risking voters in free states overwhelming them to abolish slavery democratically. Also, to establish greater autonomy of the President from Congress. The plan had almost been to have Congress elect the President, but the general feeling was that this could turn the Presidency into Congress' puppet, diminishing the checks and balances between the two branches.

There would of been no United States as we know today with out it, so what's the point of arguing?

Arguing over what? You are correct in pointing out that without such a compromise the constitution would never have achieved the needed consensus for ratification. However, if you mean to suggest that the Electoral College should be retained on that basis, then you are arguing a non-sequitur.

Bullshit people's values are not the same in Idaho today then in California, you have people in Idaho not having a problem dressing up as Mexicans for Halloween and people in California pissed in their pants upon hearing it .

Not making any sense. My question is how many electoral votes should Cali have? You seem to be complaining about it. When was the last time Wyoming actually decided any election? Your argument like all your other arguments is flawed.

Wy on the other hand has about .178% of the population of the US and .558% of the EC votes.

How many representatives and EC votes would they lose if we stopped including illegal aliens for apportionment?

Zero

Liar.... California would lose two or more.

Zero

California doesn't have millions of illegal aliens, swelling the state's representation in Congress?

Zero

Supreme Court allows census trial to go forward

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

11/02/2018 05:43 PM EDT

The Supreme Court is allowing a trial over the decision to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census to go forward over the Trump administration’s objection.

The justices’ issued a brief order Friday rejecting the administration’s request to postpone the trial, set to begin Monday in New York.

Zero

Proof please.

Zero

Proof please.

Just did, California is part of the lawsuit ..

They so affraid of the census question .

You’re the one who said 300 lives are meaningless. You seem pretty confused to me.

Whenever you get desperate you start to lie about me. Why is that?

I never spoke of lives, I spoke of votes. Do try and keep it honest and keep the lies to a minimum this time.
??? You said 300 people are irrelevant. What makes their votes any less relevant than those who live in NYC?

Nothing at all,. That is why you do not ever hear anyone talk about a random 300 people from NYC.

So why did you bring them up and call their votes irrelevant? At what point do votes become relevant in your world? So should those 300 in TX not vote?

I brought them up because people like to talk about how many counties voted each way. It is a stupid thing to talk about as you cannot compare a county of less than 300 to a county of more than a million. They are not equal

But in the example Trump crushed HRC in counties both big and small did he not. Now not in all but in many.

Again this debate is pointless the rules are in place and both candidates knew what they were. HRC spent double of what DJT did and lost. We can debate changing rules for future elections but this one needs to be put to bed.

Still obsessing about an election in which your 'choice' won is not healthy.

There is NOTHING like a 'sore winner.'

Maybe one day your illness will get better but prolly not.

And one day you will stop obsessing about an election in where your choice did not win.

I voted for Gary Johnson; I got over that about two years ago. :04:

Last edited:

Bullshit people's values are not the same in Idaho today then in California, you have people in Idaho not having a problem dressing up as Mexicans for Halloween and people in California pissed in their pants upon hearing it .

Speaking of non-sequitur arguments, how does that add up to slavery protection compromises of yore being an adequate basis for modern day government?

Why should one or two densely populated areas speak for the whole of the nation?
The following list of statistics has been making the rounds on the Internet.
It should finally put an end to the argument as to why the Electoral College makes sense.
These numbers are astonishing. Do share this. It needs to be widely known and understood.

There are 3,141 counties in the United States .
Trump won 3,084 of them. Clinton won 57.

There are 62 counties in New York State .
Trump won 46 of them. Clinton won 16 .

Clinton won the popular vote by approx 1.5 million votes.
In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan , Richmond & Queens)
Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. ( Clinton only won 4 of these counties; Trump won Richmond )
Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than accounted for Clinton winning the popular vote of the entire country.

These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.
The United States is comprised of 3,797,000 square miles.

When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those who inhabit a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election.

Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago , LA , etc.) DO NOT and SHOULD NOT speak for the rest of our country!

And...it's been verified and documented that those aforementioned 319 square miles are where the majority of our nation’s problems foment.

Blah, blah, blah.

If the 2016 election had gone the reverse (Trump wins popular vote, loses the EC), you Trumpbots would be freaking out about how unfair the EC is. 100% for certain.

I have never, ever thought the EC is a good idea.

If you don't get the most votes, you didn't win the election.

Trump is POTUS in name only as far as I am concerned.

Forum List

Back