🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The end of Hill's best, and maybe last, hope

I guess this book of the series "Game of Oval Offices" is called "A Feast for Wacko Birds"?

Oh poor McConnell. His allies are worst than his enemies!

Nah, McConnell only needs 4 gopers to vote against a shutdown. Given Hillary's increasing negatives, I don't see how the gop loses unless they run the clown car posse again

Nah, McConnell only needs 4 gopers to vote against a shutdown. Given Hillary's increasing negatives, I don't see how the gop loses unless they run the clown car posse again

It doesn't work that way.

The House passes a bill with defunding PP and Obama vetoes it.

Government shutdown is now a problem that McConnell can't stop.

That could be true, but I was thinking that McConnell had Boehner's approval, but perhaps not. But even if the House passes a bill defunding PP, it has to get through the Senate to go to Obama. At that point, Mitch has several options, the most obvious being passing a bill stripping out the defunding, and sending it to conference. Where the defunding would be stripped out, and Boehner would be off the hook.

That could be true, but I was thinking that McConnell had Boehner's approval, but perhaps not. But even if the House passes a bill defunding PP, it has to get through the Senate to go to Obama. At that point, Mitch has several options, the most obvious being passing a bill stripping out the defunding, and sending it to conference. Where the defunding would be stripped out, and Boehner would be off the hook.

Or it would be added back in putting McConnell back on the hook.

There are no good options for him because Boehner is spineless and the rabid extremist rightwingers won't pass a budget that funds PP.

There are no good options for him because Boehner is spineless and the rabid extremist rightwingers won't pass a budget that funds PP.
Well, the fact remains that a bill originates in the House defunding PP, the Senate takes that bill but strips out the PP defunding and passes it, which would require only 4 gop votes, and it never has to come up for another vote in the House. And McConnell would get probably get a majority of gopers in the Senate by saying "we are not getting in the clown car again, and we will win the WH in 16."

Well, the fact remains that a bill originates in the House defunding PP, the Senate takes that bill but strips out the PP defunding and passes it, which would require only 4 gop votes, and it never has to come up for another vote in the House. And McConnell would get probably get a majority of gopers in the Senate by saying "we are not getting in the clown car again, and we will win the WH in 16."

If the bills are not identical they go to conference and one side or the other (sometimes both) has to vote to approve the conference bill before it gets to Obama.

If it still contains the defunding he vetoes it and McConnell is in trouble and if cannot get his way with the House the budget lapses and McConnell is in trouble.

Forum List

Back