The entire Democrat platform annihilated in under 6 minutes

It's just a bs liberal cliché talking point today to say the GOP of today would never elect Reagan today.

Put a younger Reagan out on the campaign trail today, and with his legendary way of connecting with people, and I think in about a year or so, he would have most members of the party ready to support him all the way to a November presidential election.

To you libs here that were either kids, or not even born during the Reagan era, please just shuuuuuuuuuuut the fuck up. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Don't you love it when they say what Republicans would or would not do. Reagan would win in a NY minute. The liberals are so sure of themselve but always so wrong.

First they say that the right treats Reagan as a god then they say he wouldn't win the nomination. I seriously believe they need real help, if help is available for the mental disorder of liberalism.

In a NY minute? REALLY??

Reagan Would Fail "Purity Test" Proposed for GOP

WHEREAS, the Republican National Committee desires to implement President Reagan's Unity Principle for Support of Candidates; and

WHEREAS, in addition to supporting candidates, the Republican National Committee provides financial support for Republican state and local parties for party building and federal election activities, which benefits all candidates and is not affected by this resolution; and

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Republican National Committee identifies ten (10) key public policy positions for the 2010 election cycle, which the Republican National Committee expects its public officials and candidates to support:

(1) We support smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama's "stimulus" bill;

(2) We support market-based health care reform and oppose Obama-style government run healthcare;

(3) We support market-based energy reforms by opposing cap and trade legislation;

(4) We support workers' right to secret ballot by opposing card check;

(5) We support legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants;

(6) We support victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges;

(7) We support containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat;

(8) We support retention of the Defense of Marriage Act;

(9) We support protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing, denial of health care and government funding of abortion; and

(10) We support the right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership; and be further

RESOLVED, that a candidate who disagrees with three or more of the above stated public policy positions of the Republican National Committee, as identified by the voting record, public statements and/or signed questionnaire of the candidate, shall not be eligible for financial support and endorsement by the Republican National Committee; and be further

RESOLVED, that upon the approval of this resolution the Republican National Committee shall deliver a copy of this resolution to each of Republican members of Congress, all Republican candidates for Congress, as they become known, and to each Republican state and territorial party office.

Fair enough.

So here's a question: Applying the standard established in the resolution – review of the candidate's official record, public statements and answers to questions – would Ronald Reagan pass the purity test?

Let's see:

(1) Deficit spending soared during Reagan's presidency. Strike one.

(2) As governor of California, Reagan oversaw the development of Medi-Cal, the nation's largest Medicaid program – expanding it to cover long-term care and developed massive new managed care systems. Strike two.

(3) As governor of California, Reagan Reagan established the Air Resources Board to battle California's smog problems and supported aggressive government intervention where the market had failed to protect the environment. As president, Reagan signed more wilderness protections laws – which restrict private-sector exploitation of natural resources – than any president in history. Strike three.

(4) Reagan was a former union president who campaigned against the Taft-Hartley Act and other restrictions of the right of unions to organize. Strike four.

(5) Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, which granted amnesty to most undocumented workers who could prove they had been in the country continuously for the previous five years. After he finished his presidency, Reagan continues to speak out forcefully for immigration rights. Strike five.

(6) After the 1983 bombing of a Marine barracks in Beirut, Reagan was urged by some to surge more troops into the region. Instead, he ordered the Marines to begin withdrawal from Lebanon. Strike six.

(7) Reagan acknowledged that during his presidency the U.S. sold weapons to Iran. Strike seven.

(8) Reagan was the first president to invite an openly gay couple to spend the night in the White House and he famously argued that gays and lesbians should not be discriminated against in a 1978 television advertising campaign. Strike eight.

(9) Shortly after his inauguration as governor of California, Reagan signed into law the most liberal abortion statute of its day". Strike nine.

(10) Here's Reagan, in 1991, on gun control: "I support the Brady Bill, and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay." Strike ten.

Of course it is true that Reagan, like John Kerry, was for some ideas before he was against them.

Reasonable people might debate the proper point at which to try and pin Reagan down.

But no reasonable person can suggest that Ronald Reagan would have met the eight out ten test the RNC right-wingers seek to apply – especially on hot-button issues such as gun control, gay rights and immigration

I've been around since Truman was in the White House. Reagan was the worst president in my lifetime.

"The debt explosion has resulted not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party's embrace, about three decades ago, of the insidious doctrine that deficits don't matter if they result from tax cuts."
David Stockman - Director of the Office of Management and Budget for U.S. President Ronald Reagan.
I'm kind of surprised that at your age you're still this fucking stupid. You lived through Carter and now are living through it again and still can't recognize how much better your life was under Reagan's leadership? Really?

Much of what the right blames Carter for falls squarely on Nixon. This nation changed for the worse under Nixon. The oil embargo began in 1973. At least Carter had the foresight to call for a national energy policy.

Reagan turned America from a creditor nation to a debtor nation. He WAS the REAL welfare queen he fabricated. The Reagan revolution was the second major 'revolution' failure of ideology in the 20th century. Right along with the Bolshevik revolution. Two peas in a pod.

Nixon/Reagan = a debtor nation and a police state.

JNj4p7s.jpg
XD0F1b6.gif

"Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Reagan couldn't tell the difference."
Mort Sahl

Thank You Mr. President - 49 second video

Helen-Thomas-Feb-08_4_1.jpg

Reagan and the press...

When President Reagan first took over the oval office, we would throw questions at President Reagan, and he would answer them.

Well, his three top aides were apoplectic. They didn’t know what was coming out of his mouth. They taught the president to say “this is not a press conference”, and they had him quite trained on that.

And one day we asked him what was happening, and he said to us: “I can’t answer that”. We said ‘why’?

“Because they won’t let me”, he pointed to Baker, Meese and Deaver standing behind, very grim.

“They won’t let me”…I said, ‘but you’re the President’…

I love how your National Debt graph stops at 2008. Would be pretty embarrassing for you if it were current, huh?:lol:

I'm kind of surprised that at your age you're still this fucking stupid. You lived through Carter and now are living through it again and still can't recognize how much better your life was under Reagan's leadership? Really?

Much of what the right blames Carter for falls squarely on Nixon. This nation changed for the worse under Nixon. The oil embargo began in 1973. At least Carter had the foresight to call for a national energy policy.

Reagan turned America from a creditor nation to a debtor nation. He WAS the REAL welfare queen he fabricated. The Reagan revolution was the second major 'revolution' failure of ideology in the 20th century. Right along with the Bolshevik revolution. Two peas in a pod.

JNj4p7s.jpg
XD0F1b6.gif

"Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Reagan couldn't tell the difference."
Mort Sahl

Reagan and the press...

When President Reagan first took over the oval office, we would throw questions at President Reagan, and he would answer them.

Well, his three top aides were apoplectic. They didn’t know what was coming out of his mouth. They taught the president to say “this is not a press conference”, and they had him quite trained on that.

And one day we asked him what was happening, and he said to us: “I can’t answer that”. We said ‘why’?

“Because they won’t let me”, he pointed to Baker, Meese and Deaver standing behind, very grim.

I love how your National Debt graph stops at 2005. Would be pretty embarrassing for you if it were current, huh?:lol:

Ronald Reagan created as much debt in 5 years as every previous President...COMBINED.

JNj4p7s.jpg
XD0F1b6.gif

Mort Sahl

Reagan and the press...

I love how your National Debt graph stops at 2005. Would be pretty embarrassing for you if it were current, huh?:lol:

Ronald Reagan created as much debt in 5 years as every previous President...COMBINED.

As a Liberal, you have no right to speak of the National Debt.

Sounds like someone else we all know....someone I suspect YOU voted for....

Last edited:

Democrats and Obama did not CREATE the National Debt. Republicans DID. Democrats PAYED FOR what they spent. Kennedy and Johnson faced budget SURPLUSES

"The debt explosion has resulted not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party's embrace, about three decades ago, of the insidious doctrine that deficits don't matter if they result from tax cuts."
David Stockman - Director of the Office of Management and Budget for U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

WHAT don't you understand about it? As an intelligent liberal, maybe I can educate you.

Start with learning the difference between deficits and debt.

aLtLSsR.png

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.

Even hapless Herbert Hoover managed to increase spending more than Obama has.

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg

Government spending under Obama, including his signature stimulus bill,
is rising at a 1.4% annualized pace — slower than at any time in nearly 60 years.

Here are the facts, according to the official government statistics:

• In the 2009 fiscal year — the last of George W. Bush’s presidency — federal spending rose by 17.9% from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. Check the official numbers at the Office of Management and Budget.

• In fiscal 2010 — the first budget under Obama — spending fell 1.8% to $3.46 trillion.

• In fiscal 2011, spending rose 4.3% to $3.60 trillion.

• In fiscal 2012, spending is set to rise 0.7% to $3.63 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate of the budget that was agreed to last August.

• Finally in fiscal 2013 — the final budget of Obama’s term — spending is scheduled to fall 1.3% to $3.58 trillion. Read the CBO’s latest budget outlook.

Over Obama’s four budget years, federal spending is on track to rise from $3.52 trillion to $3.58 trillion, an annualized increase of just 0.4%.

There has been no huge increase in spending under the current president, despite what you hear.

Why do people think Obama has spent like a drunken sailor? It’s in part because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the federal budget.

What people forget (or never knew) is that the first year of every presidential term starts with a budget approved by the previous administration and Congress. The president only begins to shape the budget in his second year. It takes time to develop a budget and steer it through Congress — especially in these days of congressional gridlock.

The 2009 fiscal year, which Republicans count as part of Obama’s legacy, began four months before Obama moved into the White House. The major spending decisions in the 2009 fiscal year were made by George W. Bush and the previous Congress.

"Grover Norquist has no plan to pay this debt down. His plan says you continue to add to the debt..."
Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.)

A case of Liberal Projection in it's most twisted form!

It's YOUR values that have changed over the years and with the fashion of the day.

We'd have zero problems with Reagan today.

You'd be dragged, kicking and screaming to go along with him today, just as you did back then. And you would enjoy the prosperity and the national unity today as you and your ilk did during his administration back then.

You are like the kids who have to be dragged into the bathroom to take a bath but once wet you can't be dragged out of the tub!

Guy, Conservatives were upset with Reagan at the end of his term. They were upset that Kennedy and O'Connor were liberals, they were upset he reached arms control agreements with the Russians, they were upset that he raised taxes.

If you weren't like 15, you'd know this. But no doubt, what you know about Reagan you heard on Hate Radio.

It's just a bs liberal cliché talking point today to say the GOP of today would never elect Reagan today.

Put a younger Reagan out on the campaign trail today, and with his legendary way of connecting with people, and I think in about a year or so, he would have most members of the party ready to support him all the way to a November presidential election.

To you libs here that were either kids, or not even born during the Reagan era, please just shuuuuuuuuuuut the fuck up. You have no clue what you're talking about.

That wasn't the point he made, guy.

Reagan was charismatic. America never saw the fucking over it got.

But he also supported things the GOP of today, which has gone complete batshit crazy, would never support.

Amnesty
Tax increases
Tripling the National Debt
Appointing modertes to the courts

Reagan would be considered a RINO in today's GOTea Party.

Just like JFK would not be elected by the Collectives that took over his Democrat Party in 1968. Reagan used JFK's economic theory that "a rising tide raises all ships". Liberals forget that. They are too busy celebrating that they lower UE figures simply by not counting those who have stopped looking for work after being out of work for so long; or, they celebrate the rising number of Americans and non US citizens on food stamps.

I will take a JFK/Reagan economic policy over the Carter on steroid policy we have 5 years running now. America needs to be unapologetic, exceptional, and prosperous. Give me a leader regardless of stripes or party colors who can deliver that.

Reagan would be considered a RINO in today's GOTea Party.

Just like JFK would not be elected by the Collectives that took over his Democrat Party in 1968. Reagan used JFK's economic theory that "a rising tide raises all ships". Liberals forget that. They are too busy celebrating that they lower UE figures simply by not counting those who have stopped looking for work after being out of work for so long; or, they celebrate the rising number of Americans and non US citizens on food stamps.

I will take a JFK/Reagan economic policy over the Carter on steroid policy we have 5 years running now. America needs to be unapologetic, exceptional, and prosperous. Give me a leader regardless of stripes or party colors who can deliver that.

There is no sin except stupidity.
Oscar Wilde

One of the main reasons Reagan left the Democratic party in 1962 was because of John F. Kennedy. In 1960, he wrote to Vice President Nixon: "Under the tousled boyish haircut is still old Karl Marx."

JFK and Reagan's economic policies were not the same.

I've been around since Harry Truman was President, so I lived through a good portion of the liberal era that started with the New Deal and ended with the Great Society. It was America's finest moment. It was an era with huge economic growth and shared wealth, fantastic successes in technology, vast expansion of citizen freedoms and liberties and the growth of a middle class that defined this country and made America the 'city on the hill', the envy of the world.

That era ended at the end of the 1960's and the conservative era began. It has continued ever since. It has been a negative mirror image of the liberal era. We now lead the world only in the dubious like incarcerating human beings, killing innocent people and launching Hirohito sneak attacks on sovereign nations.

After the assassination of President Kennedy, the Vietnam war fiasco (JFK planned to withdraw by 1965), the assassination of Martin Luther King, Robert Kennedy and the riots at the 1968 DNC in Chicago, left the Democratic Party splintered.

John Kenneth Galbraith, one of JFK's most trusted advisers predicted what followed:

For Galbraith, a trusted adviser with unique back-channel access to the President, a potential US war in Vietnam represented more than a disastrous misadventure in foreign policy--it risked derailing the New Frontier's domestic plans for Keynesian-led full employment, and for massive new spending on education, the environment and what would become the War on Poverty. Worse, he feared, it might ultimately tear not only the Democratic Party but the nation apart--and usher in a new conservative era in American politics. Galbraith and Vietnam

It has been the conservative era that started with Nixon that ushered in the clientelism, regulatory capture and corporate lawyers authoring laws that benefit only the corporations.

In 1965 there were a few hundred lobbyists in Washington. Today there are 35,000 registered lobbyists in DC.

Two true liberal Democrats said it best:

"Harry Truman once said, 'There are 14 or 15 million Americans who have the resources to have representatives in Washington to protect their interests, and that the interests of the great mass of the other people - the 150 or 160 million - is the responsibility of the president of the United States, and I propose to fulfill it.'"
President John F. Kennedy

I voted against him there sweetcheeks, twice, so yes, I am that old, and he was my President so I saw him in action, for eight long painful years.

Yeah bet you hated it. He didn't give out enough free stuff.
Sorry he wasn't there to wipe your ass, and tuck you in at night.

Bet you loved those wonderful Carter years !
Poor Carter, nice guy. Too nice for politics actually. Had he rescued the Iranian Hostages and not been worried about dead soldiers on the way, Reagan would never have been elected.

What an ignorant comment. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that liberals are completely ignorant of reality and live off of propaganda only.

First of all, the very first Delta Force mission ever (code named Operation Eagle Claw) was ordered by Jimmy Carter and resulted in 8 servicemen dead in Iran. So much for your false narrative that Carter cared about military lives.

Second, Jimmy Carter (like Obama and all other Dumbocrats) had destroyed the U.S. economy. That was what cost him the election. People couldn't even get gasoline to get to work because of Carter's ignorant "green" agenda. Inflation was the highest in U.S. history and interest rates were around 25%.

Democrats and Obama did not CREATE the National Debt. Republicans DID. Democrats PAYED FOR what they spent. Kennedy and Johnson faced budget SURPLUSES

Ah yes, more ignorant propaganda....

When Obama took office, the national debt stood at $10 trillion dollars. It now stands at $17 trillion. Obama added more to the debt in his first 3 years than all presidents in U.S. history combined did in their first 4 years. It's a fact and it's undeniable.

Game. Set. Match junior....

The first part was lame and the closing was lame but in the middle of that was pretty funny. I would think Reagan, the only real actor in the whole skit, would have done better to grade on the curve. In the method he chose those problems would indeed arise. He could also have used the method where one kid in class had all books and tutors, even the answers, before the test. The teacher would come into the classroom, drop the test on the desks, and depending on the student's score the student would get more books and more tutoring time.

The "method" he used was the same "method" that Dumbocrats have used to run (ie destroy) the country for the past 100 years.

The fact that you can see the flawed logic in the skit but can't see that same flawed logic with the Dumbocrats is equal parts tragic and fall-down hilarious.

Hilarious, on point, thanks!

I love how Reagan snickers after saying "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"... :lol:

Did he say that to the Iranians after his big arms sale? :lol:

You mean the arms sale that was approved by the Isreali's in advance (and brokered by them) which freed hostages and created the funds necessary to support the rebel Contra's against the Communist Sandinista's? That win-win-win solution? You mean that arms sale? :lmao:

(Hint: you might want to actually learn about what actually transpired before parroting ignorant libtard propaganda)

I love how Reagan snickers after saying "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"... :lol:

Did he say that to the Iranians after his big arms sale? :lol:

You mean the arms sale that was approved by the Isreali's in advance (and brokered by them) which freed hostages and created the funds necessary to support the rebel Contra's against the Communist Sandinista's? That win-win-win solution? You mean that arms sale? :lmao:

(Hint: you might want to actually learn about what actually transpired before parroting ignorant libtard propaganda)

It was yet another GOP foreign policy fuck up. It never should have happened.

Forum List

Back