Zone1 The Ephod, according to Jewish teaching.

I have been paying attention. Every person is unique and it is an obvious given no one--not even Jews--are alike. This is not the same as groups of unique persons having things in common.

Which doesn't mean all Jews are 'the Chosen', just the opposite, but a lot of evangelicals think they are and think they're going to get free ice cream in Heaven if they support anything some fake Jewish cultists do or say.

Thank you. I was curious, of course, and googled it - it’s the apron the high priests wore.
the issue that seems to fascinate the Jelly-bean set is the fact of the jewels that
constituted the necklace thing over the apron like thing. There was a semi-precious
stone for each of the 12 tribes------no big deal----no more exciting than the
reverse collar that christian clergy wear

the issue that seems to fascinate the Jelly-bean set is the fact of the jewels that
constituted the necklace thing over the apron like thing. There was a semi-precious
It's a big deal to Jewish scholars, that falsely use it to promote Jewish 'specialness'. View the link provided in the OP.

Which doesn't mean all Jews are 'the Chosen', just the opposite, but a lot of evangelicals think they are and think they're going to get free ice cream in Heaven if they support anything some fake Jewish cultists do or say.
"Many are called, but few are chosen," comes to mind. Jews are not shy about pointing out times many did stray. However their history shows that they also reunite and strive to do what they have been chosen to do.

Sorry, I thought Judaism was taught there.
No, Hebrew is taught there. Why else would they call it Hebrew school?

It's a big deal to Jewish scholars, that falsely use it to promote Jewish 'specialness'. View the link provided in the OP.
So you started this thread as a put-down to Jews that Ephod is used to promote a sense of Jewish superiority, and the vast majority of Jews never heard of it, I guarantee you.

That’s why I went through years of Sunday School (now THAT is where one learns about Jewish history, traditions, holidays) and never once heard anything remotely like ”chosen people.” It simply wasn‘t a thing, and my synagogue was quite traditional. Never heard of Ephod, either.

So you started this thread as a put-down to Jews that Ephod is used to promote a sense of Jewish superiority, and the vast majority of Jews never heard of it, I guarantee you.

That’s why I went through years of Sunday School (now THAT is where one learns about Jewish history, traditions, holidays) and never once heard anything remotely like ”chosen people.” It simply wasn‘t a thing, and my synagogue was quite traditional. Never heard of Ephod, either.
I'm actually surprised by that.

Last edited:
"Many are called, but few are chosen," comes to mind. Jews are not shy about pointing out times many did stray. However their history shows that they also reunite and strive to do what they have been chosen to do.

lol they can't even agree on who is a Jew, and most of the Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox cults aren't Zionist to begin with. They don't practice the religion of Moses, and aren't Jews by the Old Testament covenants; they are fabrications that only came along after Christianity did. So yes, very few of them are actually Jewish, and almost none of them have any ancient origins in the region of Judah and Israel.

The devil is in the details. ;)

So, Jews don't believe that they are the 'chosen' of God? Where did that notion come from?
I was always taught we were the ones G-d chose to follow the 613 commandments. Never was told or implied that meant we were superior to Christians.

For example, we don’t think Christians will go to hell the way Christians think Jews will. In reality, many Christians were taught and believe they are superior to Jews. Why else would they think Gd will damn us if we don’t abandon our Judaism?

lol they can't even agree on who is a Jew, and most of the Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox cults aren't Zionist to begin with. They don't practice the religion of Moses, and aren't Jews by the Old Testament covenants; they are fabrications that only came along after Christianity did. So yes, very few of them are actually Jewish, and almost none of them have any ancient origins in the region of Judah and Israel.
The same can be said of Christians. And of Muslims. When someone tells me they are of the Jewish faith, I still have a good idea of their beliefs and practices. I would no more tell them they are not really Jewish than I would tell a Christian they are not really Christian.

I was always taught we were the ones G-d chose to follow the 613 commandments. Never was told or implied that meant we were superior to Christians.

For example, we don’t think Christians will go to hell the way Christians think Jews will. In reality, many Christians were taught and believe they are superior to Jews. Why else would they think Gd will damn us if we don’t abandon our Judaism?
Why would God continue to impose that burden on the Jews (and the Levites) while releasing the other ten tribes from it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back