The fact that Trump is hardly doing rallies and having Vance do them

Yes.

But he’s not in trouble for having the documents as president. He’s in trouble for having the documents AFTER he was president.
So he had the authority to take those documents when he did?
Show me the legal precedent that allows a sitting President to go after his predecessor for possessing classified documents taken when he was President?

So he had the authority to take those documents when he did?
Show me the legal precedent that allows a sitting President to go after his predecessor for possessing classified documents taken when he was President?
He did not have the authority to KEEP those documents when he did.

Show me the precedent that says former presidents aren’t subject the same laws as everyone else.

He did not have the authority to KEEP those documents when he did.

Show me the precedent that says former presidents aren’t subject the same laws as everyone else.
Really? Precedent means that you're holding Trump to the same standard that you've held others in the past, Marener. So show me where any other former President has been charged as Trump has been charged! If you can't...then you can't claim that Trump isn't subject to the same laws as everyone else. He's actually subject to laws that nobody else has been which violates one of the main tenets of our legal system...equal justice under the law!

Really? Precedent means that you're holding Trump to the same standard that you've held others in the past, Marener. So show me where any other former President has been charged as Trump has been charged! If you can't...then you can't claim that Trump isn't subject to the same laws as everyone else. He's actually subject to laws that nobody else has been which violates one of the main tenets of our legal system...equal justice under the law!
Former presidents haven’t done what Trump has done. Obama hasn’t. Bush hasn’t. Clinton hasn’t.

But plenty of people have taken classified documents from the government and been prosecuted for it. They’re subject to the same laws that Trump is being prosecuted for. The laws apply to everyone the same whether you’re a former president or a former government employee.

Forum List

Back